The EU Consulting Leader will be responsible for driving the growth and development of our EU Consulting business across all advisory groups, attracting top talent, connecting teams with clients and supporting the delivery of world-class professional services. Viewed as a key senior leader within both the Consulting and broader Syneos business, the ECL role will be expected to operate as a Trusted Advisor to clients, drive meaningful commercial success by securing profitable business, support teams to effectively harvest accounts, create leads and hold accountability for the forecasting and pricing of EU-based business. The ECL will also be accountable for setting the business direction, strategy and priorities with the local EU senior leaders (Directors, Managing Directors, R&D AGL) and broader Consulting and Syneos leadership. To support the business strategy the ECL will also be responsible for driving the scalability of EU business and recruiting top talent to the organization.
Immediate priorities will be CAG, VAH, and Medical with close collaboration with R&D and opportunistically with RPM.
INTERNAL CANDIDATES WILL BE PRIORITISED FOR CONSIDERATION.
- The ECL must be highly connected with all of the advisory groups, understand the breadth of the business and be able to speak to the core service offerings & capabilities of each AG and other Syneos businesses.
- The ECL must have strong industry and consulting experience (with a demonstrated BoB and sales achievement), excellent client relationships and be able to drive connections, create new business leads and introductions (i.e. bring an existing list of clients to the role)
- The ECL will be a motivational and inspiring leader, attracting new talent to help scale the business and drive local culture and morale, and models behaviors that lead to success.
- A trusted advisor who can operate at senior levels (e.g. C-suite) as a business partner and SME, understands regional EU business needs and processes and can establish relationships with key buyers (e.g. regional procurement leads)
- ECL will need to be mobile and able to travel freely within the broader EU community. Must be either London or Switzerland based. Should expect to work at least 2 weeks a month in the London office as a core anchor office for consulting and other Syneos businesses.
- Ability to think outside the box and be a creative deal maker and influencer
- Strong track record of setting goals and achieving them with relentless focus on results
- Applies innovative thinking/approaches to problem solving. Fearless, open-minded and creative approach to tackling challenges. Demonstrates a “Can do” or “can find someone who can do” attitude. Owns and is accountable for issues and resolutions.
- Brings out the best in others. Uses positive mentorship to helps others grow and shine. Engenders loyalty and fosters teamwork.
- Drive EU Consulting YoY growth and margin at or above industry rates
- Generate new business leads at or above annual targets for EU-based business (baseline is current EU Consulting revenue)
- Participate as a member of the Executive Consulting Management team and represent the EU business and perspective
- Participate as a member of the broader EU Leadership team to represent Consulting
- Collaborate closely with local AG leadership (R&D) and be a senior figurehead with Development Coach accountability for EU MDs in PPC, VAH, and Medical AGs
- Builds positive working relationships with clients, consulting staff, managers, leadership, and internal support teams.
- Achieves commercial success by creating leads at new accounts, actively harvesting existing accounts and soliciting support from other business units to close deals, and securing profitable business.
- Develops and leads (when appropriate), independently, a large client book of business.
- Collaborates with cross-advisory group consulting leadership to achieve team member billable utilization, led/managed books of business, and sales targets, and collaborating with others to attain overall business objectives and metrics.
- Accountable for ensuring EU-based business revenue growth and profitability
- Drives the growth of firm revenue through collaborative effort and a holistic view of the Consulting business.
- Leads and develops client relationships and works with AG project leads/managers to ensure the delivery of well-structured projects that exceed client expectations.
- Demonstrated skills in assessing client needs and designing innovative, value-add solutions, as well as collaborating with individual AGs to refine and expand capabilities to meet EU buyer needs.
- Works collaboratively with other executives to design customized and innovative solutions for the client. Recognized strategic mindset, with the ability to analyze, distill, and communicate for senior-level audiences.
- Adept at coaching team members on the development of core consulting skills. Provides regular feedback on team members’ strengths and areas for development. Facilitates project team discussions to pressure test client recommendations, underlying assumptions, and share best practices.
- Demonstrates cross-AG consulting subject matter expertise and thought leadership. Contributes to the development of the overall business and strategy for the EU. Demonstrates thought leadership and uses it to build relationships, innovative offerings and work with team members to enhance current market offerings. Creates market eminence and is an influential leader internally and externally. Shares domain knowledge and case studies with the broader Consulting team.
- Builds consulting delivery capability as an effective recruiter, manager, and developer of people across advisory groups. Focuses on developing sales capacity at the Director and Managing Director levels. Utilizes available staff and manager resources and develops them in a manner that enables target attainment and efficient project execution/scalability. Creates a culture of mentorship, collaboration, and retention across the Advisory Groups, more broadly. Identifies opportunities for cross-pool staffing.
- Exhibits professional, positive, respectful, and mature interactions internally & externally. Displays passion and drive while advocating for a superior client experience through project leadership.
- Well-respected and visible leader within the company. Viewed as positive role model for teams and enjoyable to work for / with. Displays the passion and drive of a business owner.
- Actively builds relationships with leaders across Consulting Advisory Groups and other businesses within Syneos Health.
- Takes responsibility for career advising to consulting staff team members as a Development Coach. Gathers project performance feedback, conducts performance reviews, and contributes meaningful feedback to internal promotion calibration sessions.
- Focused on team development and seeks growth opportunities for team members.
- Takes a leadership role in company-sponsored events, training and professional development opportunities, meetings, and office and Advisory Group initiatives.
- Involved in internal recruitment, training, and retention initiatives.
- Drives a positive, collaborative, and professional team culture through words, attitude, and actions. Inspires and motivates engagement of Consulting team members.
- Understands personal strengths and development needs. Seeks feedback and coaching. Sets annual professional development goals and engages in appropriate developmental stretch opportunities.
- Demonstrates Syneos Health core values in action and word and holds other team members accountable to company values, as well: challenge the status quo, collaborate to deliver solutions, and passionate to change lives.
- Substantial healthcare industry experience including within Consulting and/or on the client side; in senior leadership role
- A strong, demonstrated history of successfully selling, delivering and growing revenues
- Demonstrated new business experience, from organic growth to RFI/RFP planning, development, and execution
- Recent experience working with large national and global accounts. Strong and demonstrable track record of successful practice building.
- Demonstrated knowledge and expertise of EU buying patterns
- Talent for growing and developing key client and internal relationships
- European P&L (shadow) oversight with individual regional sales target
- The drive for self-development, the ability to collaborate, and an action-oriented work ethic
- Highly strategic with exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organization skills and precise attention to detail
Tasks, duties, and responsibilities as listed in this job description are not exhaustive. The Company, at its sole discretion and with no prior notice, may assign other tasks, duties, and job responsibilities. Equivalent experience, skills, and/or education will also be considered so qualifications of incumbents may differ from those listed in the Job Description. The Company, at its sole discretion, will determine what constitutes as equivalent to the qualifications described above. Further, nothing contained herein should be construed to create an employment contract. Occasionally, required skills/experiences for jobs are expressed in brief terms. Any language contained herein is intended to fully comply with all obligations imposed by the legislation of each country in which it operates, including the implementation of the EU Equality Directive, in relation to the recruitment and employment of its employees.