About Syneos Health
Syneos Health maintains a dynamic, fast-paced working environment. Each day contains different challenges and opportunities to learn. We take promising ideas, turn them into commercial realities, and manage the life of a product or device from its inception to its completion.
We demand the best from our people but in return we offer a creative environment designed to allow you to be yourself and achieve your potential. We also offer unparalleled career development opportunities and benefits.
The video & motion graphics animator will be responsible for designing and developing 2D and 3D animations and videos using primarily AfterEffects, Cinema 4D and Premier. They will be responsible for bringing storyboards to life, developed in collaboration with the senior motion graphics, the art department and client services team.
The video & motion graphics animator will be expected to use whatever method (software) is required to achieve the most impactful end product, we typically use the Adobe Creative Cloud, but that is not a limiting element. Software skills should therefore not be a limitation to the successful candidate.
The development process will include concepting, storyboarding, animating, and editing, all in collaboration with the account teams and the art department. The animator will use a high level of expertise to deliver and encourage stunning digital concepts to meet client briefs and expectations setting campaigns apart from those of our competitors.
- Work closely with the Creative Expression Art Department to understand the project scope and objectives
- Understand the brief so that we stay within scope at all times, flagging to the Senior Video Editor and/or the Account Management Team if there is a danger of working out of scope BEFORE it happens
- Deliver video productions on brief, on time and on budget for productions
- Prepare plans, concepts, designs and layouts for motion graphic and video projects
- Design and create enticing motion graphics for video deliverables typically
- patient videos
- talking head interviews
- eLearning animations
- website animations
- device demos
- congress stings
- Create and deliver video and motion graphics in various media including web, mobile, etc.
- Work with art and creative teams to understand project scope and objectives and to resolve technical and/or design issues
- Assist in selecting audio, video, colours, animation, etc for graphic design
- Work with editors, producers and other animators to resolve technical and/or design issues
- Edit raw video footage and add effects/elements to enhance motion graphics
- Research and analyse best design techniques and solutions to create motion graphics
- Design and create storyboards
- Participate in brainstorming session to share new design/motion graphic perspectives and ideas
- Maintain and follow best practices for versioning control, naming convention and organisation of graphic files
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge about latest motion graphics techniques
- Ensure compliance with company guidelines, deadlines and design standards
- Provide feedback to the Creative Expression Department on storyboards so they can be delivered within scope
- Build strong and influential relationships with the Creative and Account teams so there is a high level of trust and respect both ways
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge about latest video production and animation techniques
- Maintain the company’s video production equipment – ensuring it is always ready to be used at a moment’s notice (batteries charged etc.) and that everything is stored safely and is in good working order
- Prepare/compress footage for the account teams and clients online review
- A digital native with a positive ‘can do’ attitude and a passion to make a difference
- The ability to keep a cool head and meet deadlines
- Problem-solving skills
- The ability to think creatively and deliver inspiring concepts
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Graduate-level training in video production, or minimum 5 years industry experience in a video editor role
- Confidence to discuss problems/solutions with senior team members
- Problem solving ability, with a cool head to meet deadlines
- Ability to think creatively and deliver engaging concepts
- The foresight to put themselves in the shoes of the client/recipient
- Meticulous attention to detail creatively and technically
- Healthcare industry experience (not essential)
As well as demonstrating a passion for the health sector, able to demonstrate the following:
- energy, enthusiasm and commitment
- a positive, ‘can do’ attitude
- confidence to fight for quality values
- a willingness to constructively challenge colleagues
- a hunger and desire to progress
- Attend meetings and briefings with clients and teammates in the office, offsite meetings or virtually
- The role is office-based but home-working may be necessary
- Occasionally there may be the need to work outside the regular contracted working day
- Extensive knowledge of these software packages is essential:
- Microsoft Office
- Knowledge or 3D animation package
Syneos Health Communications is the only healthcare communications network that is part of a company on the frontlines of healthcare, with a clear view into the everyday complexities of life and health. As part of Syneos Health®, our agencies — consisting of leading brands and experts in advertising, branding, public relations, managed markets and medical communications — are engaged in every point of influence in health, providing real-world insight into markets and audiences in ways that no other partner could.
WORK HERE MATTERS EVERYWHERE | How will you accelerate bringing new therapies to patients?
Syneos Health is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer (Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled)