Overview Syneos Health is engaged in a direct hire search for top a 10 pharmaceutical organization. Syneos Health is searching for a results oriented and collaborative sales professional with a proven track record of success.
The Senior Care Account Specialist will be responsible for all aspects of developing, managing, selling and growing the portfolio of products in their territory. The specialist will champion relationships with a mix of prescribers, nurses, pharmacists and nursing home facility decision makers to promote the company’s portfolio in the Long-Term Care setting. Additional responsibilities include partnering with Managed Healthcare Services (MHS)*, Senior Care Account Executives (AE) in order to develop local and regional Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF) chains, and alliance partners to pull through plans that align the entire Long-Term Care (LTC) treatment team.
Duties may include, but not limited to all or some of the following:
- Develop deep professional/industry knowledge in multiple disease states represented in Diabetes and Endocrine portfolios including knowledge of competitive products.
- Identify and develop business relationships with key customers, state and local advocacy groups, teaching institutions, key influencers/prescribers, and managed care organizations and establish oneself as a true diabetes/endocrine expert and resource.
- Drive sales growth of the product portfolio.
- Build outstanding customer experiences by engaging in active dialogue to understand the customer’s needs and delivering appropriate resources and relevant information to influence appropriate use of product portfolio.
- Effective selling of multiple products on a single call.
- Effective account management skills to develop an account/MD target list, evaluate and set an appropriate territory workload, and achieve key efficiency parameters
- Sell in a changing health care environment, utilizing critical thinking and strategic mindset to understand the environment (payer, health systems, business) and gain access to the customers to make an impact on patients’ lives
- Operate with high integrity and comply with policies and procedures
- Work across different account levels: with hospitals, department chiefs, nurses, certified diabetes educators, and allied medical professionals to optimize company’s contribution to successful diabetes care with targeted accounts.
- Bachelor’s degree as well as professional certification or license required to perform this position (if required by a specific state) PLUS, any of the following:
- 1 or more years of sales experience (pharmaceutical or non-pharmaceutical) following the completion of undergraduate degree
- 1-3 or more years of work experience since undergraduate degree was obtained
- Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record
- Bilingual skills as aligned with territory and customer needs
- Live within the territory or within 30 miles of territory boundaries
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to coordinate with partners
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to collaborate in a team environment
- Ability to build and maintain lasting relationships with key accounts and caregivers
- Demonstrated ability to learn, apply and communicate technical/scientific knowledge
- Proven leadership and teamwork with peers; ability to influence teammates to build a strong performance-centered culture
- Top 1/3 portfolio sales results, 1 out of last 3 years
- Demonstrated business acumen and business ownership mentality
- Account Based Selling experience
- Demonstrated project management, problem solving and analytical skills
- COVID-19 Vaccine required
As a healthcare company we have an important responsibility to protect individual and public health. This position will require individuals to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as part of their job responsibilities, unless an exemption can be confirmed based on a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief. Submission & Approval of an Exemption does not guarantee that an exemption can be accommodated
Syneos Health is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer (Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled)