You know that the outcome of a project hinges on two things: the plan and the people.
You are the glue that holds these two together. You easily maneuver the precarious path of maintaining the strategy and pace of a project, while keeping your team engaged and enthusiastic. You know what needs to be done, and your penchant for strategic delegation and problem-solving makes you a natural fit for this Project Manager position with Creative Studios.
The Creative Studios (CS) Project Manager is responsible for overall quality, deadlines, and budgets of client projects.
(Duties may include, but not limited to, all or some of the following)
- Serves as the primary Syneos Health (across Syneos Health agencies or other Syneos Health companies) and external client contact at a project management level by providing daily contact and follow up regarding project status.
- In partnership with CS Account Director, is responsible for on-boarding new clients, identifying key organizational stakeholders, presenting capabilities, and orchestrating appropriate meet-and-greet sessions to optimize client relationships.
- Works with Syneos Health clients to be aware of brand/company scope and possible upcoming CS tactics; identifies and understands client challenges as well as tactical needs.
- As a primary point of contact for clients, manages client expectations, owns and proactively builds and maintains strong relationships to include client vendors.
- Represents CS point of view, handles objections in a professional manner, and manages disagreements with client in a diplomatic way to ensure win/win solutions for both client and CS.
- Responsible for understanding both CS and assigned client’s organizational structures and processes, working with Operations to implement a mutually beneficial workflow, while maintaining the integrity of existing CS process(es) and protocol(s).
- In conjunction with CS management, helps new clients acclimate to CS technology/print terms and the implementation process to ensure timely tactical rollout per agreement.
- Displays excellent problem-solving skills and consistently works to be part of the solution.
- Confident making quick decisions and works well under pressure.
- Employs a proactive approach to learning.
- Demonstrates solid partnership with other areas of the agency to produce great work as well as understands the roles of various functional areas.
- Issues all purchase orders prior to authorizing any production including costs (or estimated cost range).
- Helps facilitate a strong cohesive project team that is focused on priorities and is knowledgeable about our clients.
- Proactively leads budget management and is responsible for knowing budget status at all times. Manages the billing process including billing worksheet reviews, communicating to manager regarding forecasting needs, and reviewing weekly hours report.
- Orients new jobs, develops estimates, generates tasks, and creates timelines for each project.
- Works collaboratively with discipline leads and resource managers to appropriately resource projects and ensure talent-to-task solves are aligned with each project.
- Identifies and works to resolve conflict; celebrates successes.
- Understands and documents the specifications for all jobs, flagging changes in specs that affect estimates and re-estimating jobs as necessary.
- BA, BS, or relevant degree
- At least 5 years of relevant account management experience leading multiple projects
- At least 5 years of experience in the print/digital production industry desired; agency experience a plus
- Project Management: Is good at establishing clear directions; sets stretching objectives; distributes the workload appropriately; organizes work in a well-planned manner; maintains two-way dialogue with others on work and results; is a clear communicator.
- Technical Expertise: Demonstrates working knowledge of print projects (including print production) and base knowledge of digital projects. Understands job responsibilities of others and functions appropriately.
- Team Management: Understands how to manage multiple clients, projects, and priorities. Helps create strong morale amoungst resources, fosters open and honest dialogue with resources and clients, defines successes as it realates to the team and overall company benefit, is well organized and proactively anticipates issues.
- Financial Management: Establishes an understanding of budgeting, planning, tracking and billing of business activities in order to maximize resources and profitability
At Syneos Health Communications, we believe in providing an environment and culture in which our people can thrive, develop and advance. We reward and recognize our people by providing valuable benefits and a quality of life balance.
Syneos Health Communications is the only healthcare communications network that is part of a company on the frontlines of healthcare, with a clear view into the everyday complexities of life and health. As part of Syneos Health™, our agencies — consisting of leading brands and experts in advertising, branding, public relations, managed markets and medical communications — are engaged in every point of influence in health, providing real-world insight into markets and audiences in ways that no other partner could.
WORK HERE MATTERS EVERYWHERE | How will you accelerate bringing new therapies to patients?
Syneos Health is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer (Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled)