Updated: April 20, 2022
Location: Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Job ID: 141476
OverviewThe Syneos Health Medical Science Liaison (MSL) serves as the primary field-based point of contact for external stakeholders, and is responsible for providing non-promotional scientific, educational, and research support for our client’s products. The primary focus of this role is the ability to identify and engage with thought leaders in Pulmonary Hypertension (PAH) and Interstitial Lung Disease (ILD) therapeutic areas.
• Identifies, develops and manages excellent partnerships with key opinion leaders (KOLs) and other prominent HCPs and stakeholders as they relate to our client’s products
• Engages in scientific exchange with KOLs and HCPs regarding the efficacy, safety and value of the products and related clinical practice trends in unbiased, non-promotional scientific manner
• Communicates scientific, clinical and disease state information and education to a variety of audiences (KOLs, HCPs, hospital/decision making teams, etc.) upon requests and/or according to medical plan and objectives as permissible by local laws and regulations
• Identifies and maps KOL, other stakeholders, key accounts as well as patient referral patterns and pathways
• Provide optimal support to our client’s Early Access Programs (EAPs), and training and ongoing support to participating centres
• Responds to unsolicited requests for information, including scientific literature, protocols/guidelines, and peer to peer connections according to company compliance policies
• Identifies, collects, and communicates medical insights related to treatment trends, clinical practice trends, research and market landscape including key insights from medical conferences and provides cross functional feedback internally
• Partners with commercial and marketing colleagues to prepare for the launch of new drugs and lifecycle management of existing drugs through sharing of scientific information, insights and developing medical strategy which is aligned to overall brand strategy
• Previous MSL experience
• Completed Biomedical or Medical education at Master or PhD level
• Previous Therapeutic Area experience in Pulmonary Hypertension and Interstitial Lung Disease is highly desirable. Alternatively, previous experience in rare disease.
• Product launch and market access support experience is highly desirable
• Knowledge of EFPIA and national codes of conduct guidelines, especially those that apply to Medical Affairs
• Understanding of GCP guidelines specially in the scope of:
o Phase II-IV company sponsored interventional trials,
o RWE generation: NI trials, Early Access Programs / Named Patient Programs, Investigator Sponsored Research Support
• Good communication skills in English and languages of supported countries
• Excellent presentation, communication skills
Interviews may be conducted in person at an on-site interview location. For any in person interviews, local Covid safety guidelines will be followed.
At Syneos Health, we believe in providing an environment and culture in which our people can thrive, develop and advance. We reward and recognise our people by providing valuable benefits and a quality of life balance.
Why Syneos Health? Join a game-changing global company that is reinventing the way therapies are developed and commercialised. Here, each day brings an opportunity to take ownership of a new challenge. Teaming with some of the most talented clinicians in the industry, you'll improve patient outcomes and work in a dynamic environment to create better, smarter, faster ways to get biopharmaceutical therapies to patients. By joining Syneos Health, you’ll be connected to our multitude of career paths and pipeline of employment opportunities.
WORK HERE MATTERS EVERYWHERE | How will you accelerate improving patient outcomes?
Syneos Health is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer (Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled)
Discover what our 24,000 employees already know: work here matters everywhere. We work hard, and smart, all in the name of getting much-needed therapies to those who need them most. A career with Syneos Health means your everyday work improves patients’ lives around the world. Selecting us as an employer secures a career in which you’re guaranteed to: