Updated: March 17, 2022
Location: Milan, Lombardy, Italy
Job ID: 141107
Base location: Italy
Regions covered: Italy & Iberia
Representing the medical function, the Syneos Health Medical Science Liaison (MSL) will act as a medical/clinical education liaison to external and internal stakeholders, while supporting commercial business and reimbursement objectives for our client's products, most notably for breast, colorectal and lung cancers. This role will engage with customers and colleagues across medical affairs and commercial groups to provide medical and scientific support for our on-market as well as help launch newer products into the international region.
• Deliver education of the broad healthcare provider (HCP) community, such as key opinion leaders (KOLs), Oncologists, Pathologists, Surgeons, Nurses, and Payors regarding our client’s products as permissible by local laws and regulations
• Serves as an external, credible scientific expert on disease area and our client’s products at HCP field meetings, key medical and scientific conferences, advisory boards, clinical investigator meetings and patient advocacy group meetings
• Responds to unsolicited requests for medical information on the products in a credible, balanced/objective manner
• Participate in the development and execution of KOL outreach plans
• Identify and map KOL, other stakeholders, key accounts as well as patient referral patterns and pathways
• Identify Physicians currently managing patients with breast, colorectal, lung cancer and cultivate a network of experts at academic and community centers to identify new trial sites and/or drive patient referrals and rapid enrolment
• Delivers medical/scientific training to clinical study sites and provide input to key internal stakeholders on training materials for clinical trials, products in development, therapeutic areas, and disease state as outlined by the trial sponsor
• Establishes and maintain strong working relationships with Principal Investigators (PIs) and clinical trial sites to support the enrollment and conduct of the client’s clinical studies.
• Advanced degree in clinical specialty (PharmD, PhD, MD) with clinical experience
• Experience as an MSL/CTL or senior clinical development role
• Oncology experience required
• Experience in the pharmaceutical industry with knowledge of clinical research design and conduct
• Experience in Diagnostics or Biotech industry is a plus
• Skills in additional languages preferred
• Excellent oral, written, and presentation communication skills
• Strong analytical skills and familiarity with medical messaging
• Ability to independently deliver quality results in a timely manner
• Highest integrity and ethical behaviour
• Collaborative within teams; uses resources carefully and can build a great place to work and grow
• Ability to integrate and apply feedback in a professional manner
• Business acumen and innovative mindset
• Ability to manage through complexity and ambiguity, while focusing on the end goal
• Ability to travel up to 60-70% of working time away from work location, may include overnight/weekend travel
At Syneos Health, we believe in providing an environment and culture in which our people can thrive, develop and advance. We reward and recognise our people by providing valuable benefits and a quality of life balance.
Why Syneos Health? Join a game-changing global company that is reinventing the way therapies are developed and commercialised. Here, each day brings an opportunity to take ownership of a new challenge. Teaming with some of the most talented clinicians in the industry, you'll improve patient outcomes and work in a dynamic environment to create better, smarter, faster ways to get biopharmaceutical therapies to patients. By joining Syneos Health, you’ll be connected to our multitude of career paths and pipeline of employment opportunities.
WORK HERE MATTERS EVERYWHERE | How will you accelerate improving patient outcomes?
Syneos Health is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer (Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled)
Discover what our 24,000 employees already know: work here matters everywhere. We work hard, and smart, all in the name of getting much-needed therapies to those who need them most. A career with Syneos Health means your everyday work improves patients’ lives around the world. Selecting us as an employer secures a career in which you’re guaranteed to: