Updated: March 10, 2022
Job ID: 140397
You know that the outcome of a project hinges on two things: the plan and the people.
You are the glue that holds these two together. You easily maneuver the precarious path of maintaining the strategy and pace of a project, while keeping your team engaged and enthusiastic. You know what needs to be done, and your penchant for strategic delegation and problem-solving makes you a natural fit for this Senior Project Manager position for PR.
The Senior Project Manager manages multidisciplinary teams to task and oversees agency work across multichannel tactics. Sr Project managers are the glue that helps keep projects — and people — together. They are responsible for planning, organizing, managing and executing projects from beginning to end, ensuring they are completed effectively on time and on budget.
(Duties may include, but not limited to all or some of the following)
• Driver of internal agency process; ensuring team adheres to process guidelines, and problem solving issues. Keeping teams committed, motivated, and productive through the duration of the project
• Responsible for partnering with the resource managers and studio teams in assigning Creative team members to projects
• Working within the Wrike system, writes tasks providing clear direction on deliverables. Partners with the Creative Director and Project Planners to flag any concerns on directive and to resolve logistics.
• Accurately captures next steps, client deliverables, etc. through conference reports or meeting recaps and distributes to appropriate team members
• Play a central role in risk analysis. The Sr PM must be adept at identifying potential roadblocks related to budgets, resources and timelines. Leading discussions on issue resolutions and reporting these potential issues to leadership, when necessary
• Ensures that Client Management is communicating with Creative during client conversations and in preliminary discussions involving project ideas & direction and vice versa. Acts as the “glue” in project development
• Ensures that project directive and documentation have taken place to appropriate team members. This includes proactively communicating to other team members who are affected by the directive
• Has a thorough understanding and knowledge of what it takes creatively to develop projects (project steps, creative responsibilities and skills). Utilizes this knowledge in helping staff for projects, tracking projects, problem solving, etc.
• Creates/distributes team daily status/updates, and pulls together key project groups as necessary. Runs weekly team status meetings
• Ensure that all pieces are properly routed and reviewed by team members with the help of Project Coordinators.
• Helping to train new PMs as they are onboarded into the organization
• Other duties as needed to meet the needs of the team.
Discover what our 24,000 employees already know: work here matters everywhere. We work hard, and smart, all in the name of getting much-needed therapies to those who need them most. A career with Syneos Health means your everyday work improves patients’ lives around the world. Selecting us as an employer secures a career in which you’re guaranteed to: