Updated: May 17, 2022
Location: London, ENG, United Kingdom
Job ID: 138058
Base Location: United Kingdom
Regions Covered: East of England, London, South East, South West & Wales
An opportunity to join Syneos Health, and with the support and mentorship of the broader Medical Affairs team, grow your career into a Senior Medical Science Liaison Manager position whilst maintaining responsibility for developing a network with thought leaders and identifying investigator-initiated studies to support the overall objectives of our clients’ products.
• Identify, develop and manage relationships with key opinion leaders (KOLs) and other prominent HCPs as they relate to our client’s products
• Engage in scientific exchange with KOLs and HCPs regarding the efficacy, safety and value of our client’s product and related clinical practice trends
• Present clinical and disease state information to a variety of audiences (KOLs, HCPs, hospital/decision making teams, etc.) upon requests and/or according to country medical plans
• Identify, collect, and communicate medical insights related to market, competitors, research, and clinical practice trends, including key insights from medical conferences.
• Provide scientific input and participate in country level medical and cross-functional initiatives
• Partner with commercial and marketing colleagues to prepare for the launch of new drugs and lifecycle management of existing drugs through sharing of scientific information, insights and developing medical strategy which is aligned to overall brand strategy
• Develop and update knowledge of applicable pharmaceutical guidelines and regulations, Code of Ethical Practices and company policies
• Other specific projects/strategic responsibilities as defined by the UK Medical Director
• An advanced degree in life sciences (MD, PharmD or PhD, or other postgraduate scientist or equivalent qualification)
• Experience as MSL in the relevant therapeutic area
• Working knowledge of the NHS, including the ability to understand clinical priorities and how processes work within this system
• Excellent written and verbal local language and English communication skills, including ability to present to groups of varying sizes (virtual and face to face)
• Proven track record of success in establishing and maintaining relationships with KOLs
• Cross-functional collaboration with other field and HO members
At Syneos Health, we believe in providing an environment and culture in which our people can thrive, develop and advance. We reward and recognise our people by providing valuable benefits and a quality of life balance.
Discover what our 24,000 employees already know: work here matters everywhere. We work hard, and smart, all in the name of getting much-needed therapies to those who need them most. A career with Syneos Health means your everyday work improves patients’ lives around the world. Selecting us as an employer secures a career in which you’re guaranteed to: