Updated: March 1, 2022
Location: Westerville, OH, United States
Job ID: 139684
Can you reach people with just a few words?
You express all of your ideas effortlessly, and have the skills to distill other people's ideas into their best possible form. Your messaging is not only clear and concise, but persuasive and engaging as well. You can weave a full creative vision just as easily as a sentence, and can use these talents to build and embolden client relationships. Does this sound like you? Explore this unique Copywriter role with Navicor.
The Copywriter is responsible for providing strategic messaging for all assigned brands and projects. The Copywriter communicates effectively through compelling, targeted promotional messages. This person is a hands-on contributor who can quickly and efficiently develop original copy solutions for collateral, Web sites, ads, sales tools, promotions, TV, radio, and other marketing materials. The Copywriter also routinely conceptualizes creative solutions with the Art Director and account partners.
For more than 16 years, Navicor has been a full-service, oncology-focused communications and advertising agency that has built its reputation by transforming products into brands and patients into survivors. At Navicor, cancer is more than a therapeutic category—it’s personal.
• Executes creative thinking and content choices
• Thinks strategically and develops concepts/solutions for assigned brands
• Distills significant amounts of messaging into succinct body copy and creative communications
• Writes compelling, effective copy and ensures that the appropriate style of written or verbal communication is used (presentation vs detailing vs narrative copy)
• Demonstrates thorough knowledge of assigned therapeutic categories and pharmaceutical marketing restrictions/requirements
• Assists in workload management when needed
• Collaborates with Medical Specialist to analyze clinical data and interpret product research insightfully and creatively
• Demonstrates mastery of manuscript submission process, including referencing and regulatory details of assigned products (May vary from account to account)
• Interacts with clients
• Assists in presenting creative ideas and solutions to clients
• Advises clients on written and verbal communication recommendations and issues
• BA/BS degree with coursework emphasis in humanities, English, journalism, or a science
• 1-3 years of professional writing experience in a related field, with 1 year of pharmaceutical advertising copywriting experience preferred
• Demonstrated ability to produce a variety of promotional materials
• Therapeutic category experience preferred
• Demonstrated ability to:
• Distill complex data into key promotional messages
• Leverage superior language, grammar, and creative writing skills
I understand that if I am made an offer of employment, it will be conditioned on my demonstration I am fully vaccinated OR I plan to initiate vaccination by my start date AND be fully vaccinated within 4 weeks of start date against the COVID-19 virus.
IMPORTANT: I understand that if the role for which I am applying requires extensive in-person contact with colleagues, health care providers, clients and other medical professionals who have stringent vaccination requirements that all Syneos Health employees with whom they partner be fully vaccinated and will not accept or consider any exemptions. I understand I can request an exemption from Syneos Health’s vaccination requirement based on a qualifying medical condition or sincerely-held religious belief. However, in the event that I successfully obtain an exemption, I understand that it is highly unlikely that I will be able to adequately perform the essential functions of this position without imposing an undue hardship on Syneos Health due to the clients’ demands.
Within the walls of Navicor you will find an environment of collaboration. Our culture breaks down barriers and avoids departmental silos. We believe that creative, account, digital, strategy, and support are not so much departments as they are part of the “essential collective” that have cemented our philosophy that everyone is an idea person. This is an expectation for every associate and our invitation to every client. Navicor is not siloed according to our talents; we are united by our passion.
Navicor is part of Syneos Health Communications, a purpose-built collective of agencies focused on supporting health and biopharmaceutical innovators. We work in scalable, collaborative teams that partner across disciplines and geographies to deliver integrated communications strategies that accelerate brand performance. In today’s fast-changing and complex environment, success lies in making connections: between science, emotion, and technology; between data, design and human insight. We’re able to make those connections because our medical communications, digital, advertising, public relations, data science, research and market access specialists work closely with each other and with healthcare experts, including physicians, pharmacists and advocates. Together, we are the connected healthcare partner tapping rich insights to drive innovation, change behavior and pioneer a new era of accountable marketing.
Syneos Health Communications is powered by Syneos Health, a global professional services organization designed to help the biopharmaceutical industry shorten the distance from lab to life.
WORK HERE MATTERS EVERYWHERE | How will you accelerate bringing new therapies to patients?
Syneos Health is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer (Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled)
Discover what our 24,000 employees already know: work here matters everywhere. We work hard, and smart, all in the name of getting much-needed therapies to those who need them most. A career with Syneos Health means your everyday work improves patients’ lives around the world. Selecting us as an employer secures a career in which you’re guaranteed to: