Updated: January 17, 2022
Location: Paris, IDF, France
Job ID: 137848
OverviewThis client-facing role is responsible for all commercial management with an assigned client, or a number of assigned clients, across single or multiple European countries. The role's key focus will be supporting pharmaceutical field sales teams to achieve against client objectives. This will include leading and overseeing, technical, systems and administrative operational support/business processes and activities that drive field effectiveness. The role will be a critical part of the wider client support team and will work with sales and operational leadership to understand and deliver on field/client business objectives and design requirements/business rules. This role will be responsible for the ongoing administration (and on occasion direct people management) of field teams to ensure compliance in job performance, administrative tasks, training, and regulatory requirements. This role will work closely with the European Operations Team and U.S. functional experts to ensure best practices and quality deliverables as well as occasionally supporting BD proposal development as an operational and market subject matter expert.
• Support all Business Development activities that assist Deployment Solutions Europe in meeting its revenue growth targets. This will include identifying potential clients as well as expanding business opportunities with existing clients
• Partner with Talent Acquisition to, source, interview and hire talent onto the project
• Partner with the Operations Team to manage all implementation activities necessary to meet the Client’s and Syneos needs/expectations, business objectives, and contractual metrics
• Design and facilitate the appropriate project governance framework e.g., project set up, project kick-off, steering committee/operations committee membership and schedule, status report design and delivery dates etc.
• Drive all key elements of internal and client engagement including project scoping, business requirements, project schedule creation, status reporting, issue and risk management, testing, employee training, and deployment
• Lead on all operational activities necessary to achieve, and exceed, the client and Syneos needs/expectations, objectives, and contractual metrics
• Function as the primary liaison between client and internal Syneos operational elements, ensuring Syneos employees working with client understands strategy and incorporates that into their recommendations
• Lead, orchestrate and partner with all internal stakeholders
• Training, managing, communicating with and monitoring the quality of work assigned to supporting administrative staff, if applicable
• Responsible for overall P&L of the contract
• Manage project plan, process, and tasks throughout delivery and ongoing support with the ability to track project metrics including task completion, budget, issues, etc.
• Supervise application build, test, and deployment activities, including planning and executing of data management activities (e.g., data loads, interfaces, and testing), as well as end-user training, support, and adoption
• Responsible for the management of the expense reporting process. This includes careful monitoring of individuals and projects, responding to and resolving employee and manager issues, interfacing with the expense reporting and finance departments.
• If required act as a field sales manager for deployed commercial teams
• Lead on all closure activities at the end of a project and ensure effective offboarding of all project employees
• BA/BSc or equivalent experience
• Commercial pharmaceutical experience with second level management leading a Regional or National Field Sales force
• Experience in a Project Management role, with demonstrated ability to formally plan, execute, and deliver projects
• Experience and understanding of the differing European Healthcare Markets is a distinct advantage
• Experience successfully managing/coordinating multiple departments and/or organizations to meet business objectives
• Must have a strong understanding of Client account management and sales operational functions
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Proven, successful history in leadership and motivational role.
• Language skills -, business English is essential and other European languages are preferred/essential
At Syneos Health, we believe in providing an environment and culture in which our people can thrive, develop and advance. We reward and recognise our people by providing valuable benefits and a quality of life balance.
Why Syneos Health? Join a game-changing global company that is reinventing the way therapies are developed and commercialised. Here, each day brings an opportunity to take ownership of a new challenge. Teaming with some of the most talented clinicians in the industry, you'll improve patient outcomes and work in a dynamic environment to create better, smarter, faster ways to get biopharmaceutical therapies to patients. By joining Syneos Health, you’ll be connected to our multitude of career paths and pipeline of employment opportunities.
WORK HERE MATTERS EVERYWHERE | How will you accelerate improving patient outcomes?
Syneos Health is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer (Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled)
Discover what our 24,000 employees already know: work here matters everywhere. We work hard, and smart, all in the name of getting much-needed therapies to those who need them most. A career with Syneos Health means your everyday work improves patients’ lives around the world. Selecting us as an employer secures a career in which you’re guaranteed to: