Updated: November 18, 2021
Location: New York, NY, United States
Job ID: 137342
You inspire creativity and lead with clear direction.
With keen aesthetic judgement and a well-managed plan, you are a natural at leading your creative team to success. There is never a time when you are not thinking of new ideas, and your clients appreciate your dedication to providing high quality and impactful campaigns. Such talent and guidance make you the right fit for this impactful VP Associate Creative Director, Copy role with GSW.
GSW is a full-service healthcare communications agency that goes beyond advertising to create personalized brand experiences. We develop strategic marketing solutions for pharmaceutical, biotech and health-and-wellness clients around the world. We create experiences that involve, inspire, educate and activate people through ongoing brand journeys.
We are looking for a VP, Associate Creative Director with an art direction background who can work with our team in coming up with creative ideas and solutions to support our clients. You will be the day-to-day creative lead on specific brands with a focus on copy. Our ACD will report to a Creative Director and will manage a team of art directors at various levels. You will work in partnership with the account team and strategy to ensure the delivery of high-quality and well-crafted creative work. You will contribute to the strength of the agency-client relationship by nurturing relationships with clients through communication, collaboration and great work.
· Provide creative leadership and standards for the entire brand
· Present work both internally and externally to clients
· Partner with clients on effective creative development
· Manage to client contract and project agreements ensuring appropriate talent-to-task
· Monitor and manage team activity to ensure timely delivery of products and services to accounts
· Provide vision to team members around copy, tone of voice, etc.
· Create partnership approach with peers from other departments (e.g. Account Services, Brand Planning, Medical Strategy, etc.) on client’s business-creative vision
· Facilitate communication between team members and clients necessary to maintain strong relationships and effective creative management
· Provide creative and management direction as well as developmental support to direct reports
· Participate in new business/client activities and pitches as requested
· Act as a hands-on copywriter when needed.
· Proven ability to think beyond the campaign and help develop and drive creative marketing solutions (platforms) for client brands, with an emphasis on digital media.
· Prior business development experience and demonstrated success strategic and concepting skills
· Demonstrated success in managing a cross-functional team
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· Demonstrated experience working on a wide range of accounts and categories
· Strategic Thinking: Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can help create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans. Can connect strategies to creative solutions
· Creative Vision: Sets and maintains high standards commensurate with the company’s creative expectations
· Conceptual Creativity: Ability to think in abstract terms; can make connections between unrelated notions; can formulate innovative ideas where others cannot; seen as original and value-added in brainstorming sessions
· Client Focus: Is dedicated to exceeding clients' creative expectations; acts with the client’s best interest in mind. Establishes and maintains effective relationships with client and gains their trust and respect
· Developing Direct Reports: Provides individual and team creative challenges; connects individual’s career goals to current and future work
· Financial Management: Conscious financial decision making with regard to creative development
· Demonstrating Ownership and Proactivity: Demonstrates ownership of assigned Brand work by continually coming up with new ideas proactively. Ability and willingness to show ownership of Brand work from a visual standpoint
· Presentation Skills: Is effective and dynamic in a variety of formal presentation settings: one-on-one, small/large groups, with peers, direct reports and supervisors; is effective in selling creative rationale and work both inside and outside the organization; instills respect and can manage meeting flow during the presentations
· Willingness to be Flexible: Works beyond what is described in job description as needed. Willing to be flexible for the team, and ultimately the work. Willingness to work across teams as needed
· 10+ years agency experience
· Healthcare experience preferred (HCP a plus)
· Deep digital/integrated experience
As a healthcare company we have an important responsibility to protect individual and public health. This position will require individuals to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as part of their job responsibilities, unless an exemption can be confirmed based on a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief. Submission & Approval of an Exemption does not guarantee that an exemption can be accommodated.
GSW turns against the premise of doing the “same old.” Our culture is focused on collaborative, meaningful advertising and day-to-day interpersonal interaction. We value the diverse backgrounds of our team members, and everyone has the opportunity to provide input and be heard. GSW is comprised of creative, motivated individuals who are all here for a reason. We welcome those who strive to work above and beyond their role, who voice their opinion and who are engaged in all aspects of the agency.
At GSW, “speak people” is part of our every day. Our employees are inventing ways to go further, faster, thus giving purpose to liberating ideas within healthcare advertising.
GSW is part of Syneos Health Communications, a purpose-built collective of agencies focused on supporting health and biopharmaceutical innovators. We work in scalable, collaborative teams that partner across disciplines and geographies to deliver integrated communications strategies that accelerate brand performance. In today’s fast-changing and complex environment, success lies in making connections: between science, emotion, and technology; between data, design and human insight. We’re able to make those connections because our medical communications, digital, advertising, public relations, data science, research and market access specialists work closely with each other and with healthcare experts, including physicians, pharmacists and advocates. Together, we are the connected healthcare partner tapping rich insights to drive innovation, change behavior and pioneer a new era of accountable marketing.
Syneos Health Communications is powered by Syneos Health, a global professional services organization designed to help the biopharmaceutical industry shorten the distance from lab to life.
WORK HERE MATTERS EVERYWHERE | How will you accelerate bringing new therapies to patients?
Syneos Health is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer (Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled)
Discover what our 28,000 employees already know: work here matters everywhere. We work hard, and smart, all in the name of getting much-needed therapies to those who need them most. A career with Syneos Health means your everyday work improves patients’ lives around the world. Selecting us as an employer secures a career in which you’re guaranteed to: