You provide the vision, set the pace and inspire success.
There’s one thing you do that’s exceptional: lead. You formulate a plan and empower your team to provide clinical expertise to health care providers helping them to improve patient outcomes. Your capacity to creatively strategize, motivate clinicians, and elicit achievement makes you the right fit for the Sr. VP of Medical Affairs role with Syneos Health.
What You'll Be Doing
The Senior Vice President of Field Medical (SVPFM) has primary accountability to meet or exceed business goals for all assigned field medical and clinical educator teams. She or he will direct and manage personnel across multiple client accounts. The SVPFM will ensure that by managing our MSL and Clinical Educator teams, our clients’ expectations and goals are identified, measureable, time-bound, and attainable. The SVPFM will identify, develop, and implement actions to achieve operational excellence and cost efficiency and will cultivate long-term relationships with other Syneos Health senior management across Syneos Health, Clinical and Commercial business segments. The SVPFM will be a trusted partner in providing strategic insight and clinical knowledge in support of proposal responses and awarded projects, and will also play an integral role in organizing and directing the activities of Field Medical teams.
(Duties may include, but are not limited to all or some of the following)
- Develop and grow the Field Medical practice that is "best in class" and the leading supplier of outsourced, MSLs and Clinical Educators within the pharmaceutical and biotech industries.
- Builds and leads high-performance teams by establishing clear performance standards, hiring and retaining the best talent and structuring development strategies.
- Identifies the core competencies required to develop and influence relationships to develop the organization staff and future leaders.
- Guides, develops and implements strategic VAM team objectives, plans and budgets per team; guides the successful execution of VAM strategies and plans in the Field.
- Oversees the development of policies and processes to guide the daily operations of Field Staff and ensure compliance practices in customer interactions.
- Creates and encourages an environment that stresses open, candid, and timely feedback relative to performance.
- Teach others how to meet or exceed project contractual performance goals under their direction.
- Work strategically with internal department heads and other Syneos Health divisions to provide integrated and convergent solutions to customers where applicable.
- Provide frequent, on-going performance feedback to all direct reports.
- Review all VAM business proposals, financial, and performance metrics.
- Participate in business presentations, transition, expectations, and launch meetings to gain customer business and loyalty.
- Oversee training, development, and review of employees within the business unit.
- Establish and maintain a positive work environment that rewards accomplishment and encourages advancement and retention of key employees.
- Demonstrate proven skills in acquiring, interviewing, staffing, coaching, and retaining top talent.
- Manage expenses at or below expense estimates.
- Identify and adhere to compliance for all programs, staff and others to meet FDA, OIG, and other guidelines.
- Provide reports to both internal and external leadership as necessary.
- Aligns personal, team and/or department goals and objectives with organization goals and business strategy and takes actions to achieve them.
- Creates a unified and seamless team.
- Provides direction to others that clarifies their expectations and role.
- Consistently delivers on commitments.
- Demonstrates ownership of results within (and beyond) area of responsibility.
- Sets clear and high expectations and holds self and others accountable for decisions and results achieved.
- Develops contingency plans and meets challenges necessary to execute business and action plans.
- Develops and applies unique ideas and new methods to achieve higher performance and excellence.
- Works across organizational, functional and geographic boundaries to achieve company goals.
- Builds and maintains strong relationships with team members, other functions, strategic partners and customers.
- Works cooperatively with others in order to meet group and organizational goals.
Along with demonstrated initiative, resourcefulness and a results-oriented mindset, the ideal candidate has:
- Terminal degree (PharmD, MD, PhD) preferred
- Minimum 8 years leadership and MSL or Clinical Educator team management experience
- Strong organizational, analytical, and communication skills
- Possesses superior presentation and listening skills and commitment to instilling standards of excellence at every level in the Medical Affairs organization
- Proficiency in Microsoft office (strong working knowledge of Excel, Project, and PowerPoint)
- Strengths in clinical, business, and emotional intelligence as well as information systems and technology
- Proven ability to lead teams, programs and discussions for business opportunities
- The ability to articulate the value proposition to existing and potential customers
- The aptitude to create credibility with customers that leads to business growth
- Ability to travel as needed
- Flexible with the ability to adapt to changing internal and external environments
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
Interviews may be conducted in person at an on-site interview location. For any in person interviews, local Covid safety guidelines will be followed. As a healthcare company we have an important responsibility to protect individual and public health. This position will require individuals to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as part of their job responsibilities, unless an exemption can be confirmed based on a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief. Submission & Approval of an Exemption does not guarantee that an exemption can be accommodated.
Why Syneos Health? Join a game-changing global company that is reinventing the way therapies are developed and commercialized. Here, each day brings an opportunity to take ownership of a new challenge. Teaming with some of the most talented clinicians in the industry, you'll improve patient outcomes and work in a dynamic environment to create better, smarter, faster ways to get biopharmaceutical therapies to patients. By joining Syneos Health, you’ll be connected to our multitude of career paths and pipeline of employment opportunities.
WORK HERE MATTERS EVERYWHERE | How will you accelerate improving patient outcomes?
Syneos Health is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer (Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled)