You’re driven, resourceful, and above all else - remarkably smart.
You love a good challenge. You are the first to roll up your sleeves and work with relentless energy until you solve the unsolvable, beat the unbeatable and you always come out on top. Passable doesn’t cut it – you’ve got fire in your belly to learn more, do more and be more. For you, the sweetest success is shared success and you’re known for your good nature. You’ll fit right in at Syneos Health where we surround ourselves with the most talented and agile professionals in the industry, but we check our egos at the door.
The primary goals of this position are, in close collaboration with the business functional leaders and their delegates, to define the capabilities, workflows and processes that must be present in our technology and reporting platform and its ecosystem, and in cooperation with other key stakeholders, to ensure that these are implemented to provide our business an exceptional speed, quality and agility in adapting to new client business requirements and continued integrated technologies.
The BA is tasked with facilitating requirements development sessions to gain an understanding of our customers’ current state processes and technologies and supporting implementation work that follows. The BA will elicit current state pain points and uncover gaps in best practices. From the session output, the BA will lead design, with the delivery team, for a future state business technology solution and be responsible for its approval and decomposition into user stories. When appropriate, they will also produce more detailed supporting materials such as business cases, business process diagrams, wireframes and other context diagrams.
- Work with business teams to gather the requirements for the technology and reporting projects and build use cases to clarify requirements
- Manage translation of business requirements from business to technical teams and coordinate, organize and ensure timely bi-directional communication and solution design in iterative manner throughout design process
- Build a clear requirements development strategy for each customer engagement
- Strong understanding of Salesforce’s capabilities and limitations and can clearly communicate to customers and internal business stakeholders
- Lead discovery workshops, which includes the facilitation of large audiences, solution presentation and prototype demonstrations
- Ability to organize and drive process reengineering sessions
- Responsible for identification and inventory of customer process pain points and gaps in best practices
- Perform rapid analysis and decomposition of complex business information into technical process components.
- Perform business process modelling, user experience modeling and basic technical architecture diagramming
- Can interpret technical and business strategy roadmaps and apply a detailed technical solution
- Comfortable building and demonstrating prototypes in Salesforce
- Has hands on experience in several mid-size implementations using salesforce.com Service Cloud and adjacent technologies
- Create source to target data mapping, user stories, output mock-ups and business requirements for incorporation into development work
- Manage deployment activities with IT and business units
- Lead and Manage User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
- Ensure thorough, high quality and standardized documentation is in place for projects:
- Review, analyze, and create detailed documentation of use cases, business processes along with users’ needs including release notes, workflow, data, functions, and steps required to develop or modify processes/systems
- Document process workflows and make appropriate recommendations to impact operational efficiencies
- Translate business requirements into output mock-ups as required for visual representation of business expectations
- Create detailed test plans for implementing new functionality, ensuring compatibility with existing processes
- Facilitate cross functional communication and negotiation on requirements and ensure proper reviews and sign offs are completed per project plan
Along with demonstrated initiative, uncompromised integrity and a results-oriented mindset, the ideal candidate has:
Education and Experience
- Extensive broad technology experience, 3-5 years of experience in business analyst or similar role by function, 5+ years preferred
- Experience working in a matrix environment and demonstrated ability to balance and coordinate multiple directions within a project and add value to the communication stream
- Experience and demonstrated expertise with relational and non-relational databases, software and data integration design and solution architecture
- Ability to coordinate and understand data modeling, ETL development and testing activities
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, ability to articulate and document processes and workflows
- Experience with organizing and facilitating cross functional and separate functional level meetings with business and technology teams
- Ability to manage minute level of detailed information and balance with big picture perspective to reach end goal and work within project timeline and budget
- Experience working in a regulatory heavy environment and ability to balance adherence to regulations with flexibility in solution design
- Education: Bachelor of Art or Science minimum with demonstrated academic achievement
- Experience in a Client Service business and/or client facing role
- Experience in Salesforce, Veeva CRMs
- Experience in SQL and/or NoSQL database understanding, design, architecture
- Salesforce.com admin level certification
- Experience with reporting tools like MicroStrategy, Microsoft Power BI, Tableau
- Experience in testing and bug reporting tools
- Expertise in data profiling, mapping and/or analytics
- Responsible for business analysis on Personal Sales projects, including Veeva and Salesforce Service Cloud
- Will perform some light project management duties
- Work on process improvement across technical and business teams
- Responsible for projects that impact multiple stakeholders across different IT groups (Core Systems, Engagement Center, VAM, etc.) including technology-based solutions that cross systems
- Examples include Jira administration, Salesforce Multi-factor Authentication, Salesforce Lightning upgrade, requirements and implementation of new software such as Project Management, wireframe tools, etc.
- Salesforce is a very desired skillset
This position excludes Colorado applicants.
At Syneos Health, we believe in providing an environment and culture in which our people can thrive, develop and advance. We reward and recognize our people by providing valuable benefits and a quality of life balance.
As a healthcare company we have an important responsibility to protect individual and public health. This position will require individuals to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as part of their job responsibilities, unless an exemption can be confirmed based on a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief. Submission & Approval of an Exemption does not guarantee that an exemption can be accommodated.
Why Syneos Health? Join a game-changing global company that is reinventing the way therapies are developed and commercialized. Here, you’re essential in solving and executing against today’s toughest commercialization challenges facing the world’s leading healthcare companies. From the very beginning, you’ll be supported by team members who, like you, aren’t afraid to try something new. You'll gain exposure and work in a dynamic environment to create better, smarter, faster ways to get biopharmaceutical therapies to patients.
WORK HERE MATTERS EVERYWHERE | How will you accelerate biopharmaceutical commercialization?
Syneos Health companies are affirmative action/equal opportunity employers (Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled)