You’re driven, resourceful, and above all else - remarkably smart.
You love a good challenge. You are the first to roll up your sleeves and work with relentless energy until you solve the unsolvable, beat the unbeatable and you always come out on top. Passable doesn’t cut it – you’ve got fire in your belly to learn more, do more and be more. For you, the sweetest success is shared success and you’re known for your good nature. You’ll fit right in at Syneos Health where we surround ourselves with the most talented and agile professionals in the industry, but we check our egos at the door.
You’ll join The Risk And Program Management Group within Syneos Health Consulting. You will assist pharma consortiums in facilitating the myriad legal, financial, and operational risks and nuances of program management.
A Managing Director within the Risk and Program Management Advisory Group is an experienced thought leader in the biopharmaceutical industry and a trusted advisor to clients with accountability for program management, team leadership, and business development. Viewed as a key senior leader within the Consulting business, a Managing Director drives meaningful commercial success by securing profitable business, actively harvesting accounts, creating leads, and ensuring accurate program forecasting and pricing. As part of the Consulting leadership team, Managing Directors contribute to setting business direction, strategy, and priorities and take ownership for driving the overall growth and scalability of the Consulting business.
- Builds positive working relationships with clients, consulting staff, managers, leadership, and internal support teams.
- Achieves commercial success by harvesting accounts and creating leads at new accounts, soliciting support from other business units to close deals, and securing profitable business.
- Develops and leads, independently, a large client book of business.
- Validates accurate program forecasting and pricing to avoid losses.
- Achieves billable utilization, led book of business, and sales targets, while collaborating with others to attain overall business objectives and metrics.
- Ensures reasonable level of billability for project team members. Oversees program budgets accordingly such that there is room for senior billed time.
- Supports the development of a growing and healthy Advisory Group and overall Consulting business unit, above and beyond individual contributions of sales and book of business.
- Leads and develops client relationships and ensures the delivery of well-structured programs that exceed client expectations. Is personally responsible for the design, efficiency, and outcomes related to client projects. Takes accountability for issues that may arise and rectifies those issues. Delivers programs on time and on budget.
- Skilled at assessing client needs and designing value-add solutions. Acts as a subject matter expert for the client and program team and contributions are valued as critical to the success of the program. Works collaboratively with other executives to design, scale and deliver customized and innovative solutions for clients. Recognized strategic mindset, with the ability to analyze, distill, and communicate for senior-level audiences.
- Directs teams to ensure quality client deliverable development. Proficient at reviewing materials and content for relevance, accuracy, and strategic direction. Adept at coaching team members on the development of core consulting skills. Provides regular feedback on team members’ strengths and areas for development. Facilitates program team discussions to pressure test client recommendations, underlying assumptions, and final deliverable quality.
- Ensures continuity of the client engagement in the face of transitions within client teams. Proven leadership across and management of multiple accounts. Ability to multi-task, manage ambiguity, and collaborate internally and externally.
- Establishes specialized subject matter expertise and thought leadership. Leads the development of the overall business and scientific strategy for programs. Identifies industry trends and incorporates into client work. Demonstrates thought leadership and uses it to build innovative offerings and to enhance current market offerings. Creates market eminence and is an influential leader internally and externally. Shares domain knowledge and case studies with the broader Consulting team.
- Builds consulting delivery capability as an effective recruiter, manager, and developer of people. Utilizes available staff and manager resources and develops them in a manner that enables target attainment and efficient project execution/scalability. Creates a culture of mentorship, collaboration, and retention within program teams and the Advisory Group, more broadly. Ensures consulting staff and managers gain a breadth of experience across a variety of clients, programs, and management styles.
- Exhibits professional, positive, respectful, and mature interactions internally & externally. Displays passion and drive while advocating for a superior client experience through program leadership.
- Well-respected and visible leader within the company. Viewed as positive role model for teams and enjoyable to work for / with. Displays the passion and drive of a business owner.
- Actively builds relationships with leaders across Consulting Advisory Groups and other businesses within Syneos Health.
- Takes responsibility for career advising to consulting staff team members as a Development Coach. Gathers project performance feedback, conducts performance reviews, and contributes meaningful feedback to internal promotion calibration sessions.
- Focused on team development and seeks growth opportunities for team members.
- Actively takes a leadership role in company-sponsored events, training and professional development opportunities, meetings, and office and Advisory Group initiatives.
- Involved in internal recruitment, training, and retention initiatives.
- Drives a positive, collaborative, and professional team culture through words, attitude, and actions.
- Understands personal strengths and development needs. Seeks feedback and coaching. Sets annual professional development goals and engages in appropriate developmental stretch opportunities.
- Actively builds professional networks through social media, seminar/conference attendance, and lead/referral generation.
- Proactively seeks opportunities to expand knowledge of the biopharmaceutical industry, Consulting service offerings, and client products and markets. Expert in REMS requirements, and related service offerings and functional areas.
- Demonstrates Syneos Health core values in action and word and holds other team members accountable to company values, as well: challenge the status quo, collaborate to deliver solutions, and passionate to change lives.
Along with demonstrated initiative, uncompromised integrity and a results-oriented mindset, the ideal candidate has:
- Graduate or higher degree (e.g. MBA, PhD, PharmD) in business or life sciences, or PMI Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) / Project Management Professional (PMP)
- A strong history of successfully selling, delivering and growing revenues
- Strong and demonstrable track record of successful practice building
- Demonstrated competency in building high performing, customer-focused teams
- Skilled in directing the work of others and driving results
- Displays a strategic mindset and seeks innovative solutions
- Aptitude for translating ambiguity and uncertainty into actionable next steps through resourcefulness, resiliency, and adaptability
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Exceptional interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Ability to assess client needs and deliver high-quality, effective communications
- Known authority in the market; able to leverage external network to improve profitable revenues and market positioning
- Talent for growing and developing key client and internal relationships
At Syneos Health, we believe in providing an environment and culture in which our people can thrive, develop and advance. We reward and recognize our people by providing valuable benefits and a quality of life balance.
As a healthcare company we have an important responsibility to protect individual and public health. This position will require individuals to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as part of their job responsibilities, unless an exemption can be confirmed based on a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief. Submission & Approval of an Exemption does not guarantee that an exemption can be accommodated.
Why Syneos Health? Join a game-changing global company that is reinventing the way therapies are developed and commercialized. Here, you’re a part of the big picture. We work hand in hand to guide pre-market development through post-market commercial strategy. Knowledge sharing across advisory groups unlocks the innovation and unique strategies our end-to-end commercialization projects require. Our collaborative mindset means every project is a chance to solve a new challenge, learn from your teammates, become better-rounded, and evolve your career.
WORK HERE MATTERS EVERYWHERE | How will you accelerate biopharmaceutical commercialization?
Syneos Health companies are affirmative action/equal opportunity employers (Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled)