You’re driven, resourceful, and above all else - remarkably smart.
You love a good challenge. You are the first to roll up your sleeves and work with relentless energy until you solve the unsolvable, beat the unbeatable and you always come out on top. Passable doesn’t cut it – you’ve got fire in your belly to learn more, do more and be more. For you, the sweetest success is shared success and you’re known for your good nature. You’ll fit right in at Syneos Health where we surround ourselves with the most talented and agile professionals in the industry, but we check our egos at the door.
A Director of Market Access is an experienced thought leader in the biopharmaceutical industry and a trusted advisor to clients with accountability for project leadership and business development. As a visible leader in the Pharmaceutical and Biotech Market Access, Pricing and Reimbursement business, a Director drives commercial success by securing profitable business, actively harvesting accounts, creating leads, and ensuring accurate project forecasting and pricing. In addition, Directors leverage subject matter expertise and business relationships to identify industry trends and incorporate them into client work, thought leadership, and new service offerings.
You’ll join The Commercial Advisory Group within Syneos Health Consulting. You will help clients maximize the commercial value of their assets, portfolio, and organization while building excellence in the commercial organization. You will also help companies market and sell more effectively in an environment increasingly dominated by third-party payers. More specifically:
- Leads and develops client relationships and ensures the delivery of well-structured projects that exceed client expectations.
- Responsible for the design, efficiency, and outcomes related to client projects.
- Acts as a subject matter expert for the client and project team.
- Works collaboratively with other executives to design, scale and deliver strategic market access solutions for clients.
- Proficient at reviewing materials and content for relevance, accuracy, and strategic direction.
- Coaching team members on the development of core consulting skills and Market Access, Primary and Secondary research and market access concepts and methodologies.
- Leadership across and management of multiple projects and project workstreams. Ability to multi-task, manage ambiguity, and collaborate internally and externally.
- Creates a culture of mentorship, collaboration, and retention within project teams and the Advisory Group, more broadly.
- Ensures consulting staff and managers gain appropriate developmental experiences.
- Shares subject matter expertise in market access / Value Access, health system structures, research techniques and health economics concepts.
- Fosters the sharing of information and ideas to accomplish strategic goals across the organization.
- Leverages critical thinking and problem-solving skills to recommend creative ideas based on data analysis, personal experience, and industry best practices.
- Works with project management to challenge and pressure test client recommendations.
- Displays passion and drive while advocating for a superior client experience through project delivery and leadership.
- Builds positive working relationships with clients, consulting staff, managers, leadership, and internal support teams.
- Demonstrates commercial capabilities, creating leads at new accounts, soliciting support from other business units to close deals, and securing profitable business.
- Ensures reasonable level of billability for project team members.
- Involved in internal recruitment, training, and retention initiatives.
- Drives a positive, collaborative, and professional team culture through words, attitude, and actions.
- Builds effective and supportive relationships by displaying openness to learning and achieving results.
- Focused on team development and seeks growth opportunities for team members.
- Understands personal strengths and development needs. Seeks feedback and coaching
- Deepens expertise in the biopharmaceutical industry, HEOR concepts and tools, Consulting service offerings, and client products and markets.
- Actively builds professional networks through social media, seminar/conference attendance, and lead/referral generation.
- Demonstrates Syneos Health core values in action and word: challenge the status quo, collaborate to deliver solutions, and passionate to change lives.
Along with demonstrated initiative, uncompromised integrity and a results-oriented mindset, the ideal candidate has:
- Advanced life sciences degree (preferred) or MBA/MPH with a focus on Lifescience business
- Demonstrated success in developing and implementing pricing and reimbursement strategies
- Expert in meeting country specific requirements and relevant strategy development
- Experience conducting, synthesizing and presenting research and insights to business leaders in pharmaceutical field required
- Skilled in directing the work of others and driving results
- Displays a strategic mindset and seeks innovative solutions
- Must possess strong analytical skills and the ability to think critically and creatively on engagements
- Talent for growing and developing key client and internal relationships
- Demonstrated competency in building high performing, customer-focused teams
- Excellent time-management skills and ability to prioritize and balance multiple projects for your team
- Demonstrated competence in verbal and written communication, including persuasive and effective PowerPoint presentation skills
- Communicates information in a logical, clear, concise, and consolidated manner
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills required
- The drive for self-development, the ability to collaborate, and an action-oriented work ethic
At Syneos Health, we believe in providing an environment and culture in which our people can thrive, develop and advance. We reward and recognize our people by providing valuable benefits and a quality of life balance.
Why Syneos Health? Join a game-changing global company that is reinventing the way therapies are developed and commercialized. Here, you’re a part of the big picture. We work hand in hand to guide pre-market development through post-market commercial strategy. Knowledge sharing across advisory groups unlocks the innovation and unique strategies our end-to-end commercialization projects require. Our collaborative mindset means every project is a chance to solve a new challenge, learn from your teammates, become better-rounded, and evolve your career.
WORK HERE MATTERS EVERYWHERE | How will you accelerate biopharmaceutical commercialization?
Syneos Health companies are affirmative action/equal opportunity employers (Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled)