You’re driven, resourceful, and above all else - remarkably smart.
You love a good challenge. You are the first to roll up your sleeves and work with relentless energy until you solve the unsolvable, beat the unbeatable and you always come out on top. Passable doesn’t cut it – you’ve got fire in your belly to learn more, do more and be more. For you, the sweetest success is shared success and you’re known for your good nature. You’ll fit right in at Syneos Health where we surround ourselves with the most talented and agile professionals in the industry, but we check our egos at the door.
You’ll join The Risk And Program Management Group within Syneos Health Consulting. You will assist pharma consortiums in facilitating the myriad legal, financial, and operational risks and nuances of program management. More specifically:
An Associate Program Manager II is a senior individual contributor in the Risk and Program Management Advisory Group and is primarily responsible for creating high-quality program materials and client deliverables. An APM II operates as a partner to the program manager in achieving a superior client experience and ensuring the completion of all contract deliverables. Expectations include the ability to structure and complete individual project tasks autonomously and communicate proactively and effectively with team members and program management.
- Builds positive working relationships with clients, consulting staff, managers, leadership, and internal support teams.
- Achieves billable utilization targets in service to client engagements.
- Proactively seeks opportunities to build skills, experiences, and relationships by contributing to program engagements, internal initiatives, and business development opportunities.
- Establishes a clear understanding of key program and meeting discussion questions, overall timelines, and how her/his contributions relate to key deliverables in the client contract.
- Prepares for and attends meetings and presentations. Takes notes, writes up meeting minutes, summarizes next steps and action items, schedules follow-up meetings, and, in collaboration with program management, communicates post-meeting, as appropriate.
- Creates high-quality PowerPoint slides quickly and works autonomously. Addresses feedback quickly and quality checks revisions. Exhibits exceptional attention to detail and an understanding of all style guidelines and standards. Delivers on-time and communicates proactively when timing is at risk.
- Begins providing constructive verbal and written feedback to consulting staff team members on project deliverables and client/team interactions.
- Demonstrates technical skill according to the demands of the program, and uses skill to create value on programs with minimal support, including research and data analysis (e.g., organization of sources, data processing, analysis, and quality checking accuracy) and communicating findings succinctly and clearly, verbally and through written text.
- Contributes to the management of the overall program and begins to drive client deliverables from start to finish, in collaboration with program management. Begins developing peer-level client relationships.
- Leverages critical thinking and problem-solving skills to recommend creative ideas based on data analysis, personal experience, and industry best practices. Works with program management/leadership to challenge and pressure test client recommendations, when appropriate. Anticipates and supports client needs, concerns, and challenges through the design of alternatives and contingency plans. Demonstrates resourcefulness.
- Responsible for creating and documenting program activities, including meeting minutes, status reports, and other client and vendor communications. Gains experience in advanced project management skills (e.g., budget tracking and resource planning).
- Navigates and resolves program ambiguity, client changes, delays/expedites, and/or unexpected findings with maturity and professionalism. Maintains regular communication with program management and leadership.
- Uses judgement and discernment to communicate with clients, team members, and program management/leadership on a regular basis. Proactively communicates when timing is at risk. “Manages up” to keep program management/leadership informed of activities, team dynamics, project status, scope changes, potential risks, and business development opportunities.
- Takes the initiative to develop business acumen, including corporate and industry operations.
- Exhibits professional, positive, respectful, and mature interactions internally & externally. Displays passion and drive while advocating for a superior client experience through program delivery.
- Actively participates in company-sponsored events, training and professional development opportunities, meetings, and office and Advisory Group initiatives.
- Drives a positive, collaborative, and professional team culture through words, attitude, and actions.
- Understands personal strengths and development needs. Seeks feedback and coaching. Sets annual professional development goals and engages in appropriate developmental stretch opportunities.
- Proactively seeks opportunities to expand knowledge of the biopharmaceutical industry, Consulting service offerings, and client products and markets.
- Demonstrates Syneos Health core values in action and word: challenge the status quo, collaborate to deliver solutions, and passionate to change lives.
Along with demonstrated initiative, uncompromised integrity and a results-oriented mindset, the ideal candidate has:
- Graduate or higher degree (e.g. MBA, PhD, PharmD) in business or life sciences, or PMI Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) / Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Strong meeting facilitation skills
- Exceptional interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Ability to work in cross-functional teams
- Effective and professional communication skills
- Excellent time-management skills
- Ability to assess client needs and deliver high-quality, effective communications
- Must be fluent in English (written and spoken)
- Must be proficient in the use of MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Familiarity with Project Management tools (e.g. MS Project, SharePoint)
- Demonstrated project management experience required
- The drive for self-development, the ability to collaborate, and an action-oriented work ethic
As a healthcare company we have an important responsibility to protect individual and public health. This position will require individuals to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as part of their job responsibilities, unless an exemption can be confirmed based on a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief. Submission & Approval of an Exemption does not guarantee that an exemption can be accommodated.
At Syneos Health, we believe in providing an environment and culture in which our people can thrive, develop and advance. We reward and recognize our people by providing valuable benefits and a quality of life balance.
Why Syneos Health? Join a game-changing global company that is reinventing the way therapies are developed and commercialized. Here, you’re a part of the big picture. We work hand in hand to guide pre-market development through post-market commercial strategy. Knowledge sharing across advisory groups unlocks the innovation and unique strategies our end-to-end commercialization projects require. Our collaborative mindset means every project is a chance to solve a new challenge, learn from your teammates, become better-rounded, and evolve your career.
WORK HERE MATTERS EVERYWHERE | How will you accelerate biopharmaceutical commercialization?
Syneos Health companies are affirmative action/equal opportunity employers (Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled)