TSP is engaged in a search for an Area Manager, Immunology to work directly with our client who is a leader in the biotherapeutics industry, focused on bringing to market biotherapies used to treat serious and often rare conditions.
This is a DIRECT HIRE opportunity for a Area Manager, Immunology.
The Area Manager, Immunology Products is responsible for promotion and utilization of our client's products and for managing all aspects of territory business development. The Area Manager Immunology Products (MIP's) will also cultivate and maintain relationships with key customers to include: Health Care Professionals (HCP), hospital decision makers/influencers, specialty pharmacies and distribution channel partners.
In addition the Area Manager, Immunology Products will create demand for promoted products while demonstrating strong clinical knowledge. MIP's should demonstrate a high level of business acumen to facilitate the development of new accounts while supporting the growth of existing accounts. Specialty Product Managers will be expected to support appropriate patient education programs as needed.
Main Responsibilities and Accountabilities include:
- Promote products and increase usage of products to select call points, including HCP’s, hospitals, patient support groups, distributors and specialty pharmacies. Develops customer advocates for promoted products.
- Responsible for the development of new accounts and the growth of existing accounts through solid customer relationships, communication of technical product and disease state information, and effective territory management skills.
- Develop and implement territory business plans consistent with corporate direction designed to achieve/exceed territory sales targets. Appropriate knowledge of product features and benefits, competitive products and programs and distribution channels.
- Implement key marketing programs to increase market share of key promoted products.
- Maintain proper call frequency with assigned targets and update as needed to assure time is aligned with current product focus.
- Stay abreast of current clinical technical literature from medical journals and other information sources.
- Implement selling model (PS2) with effective opening, probing, listening, and closing skills on customer calls.
- Actively work with patient support groups where appropriate, following our client's SOP’s.
- Stay abreast of pertinent marketplace issues and opportunities and effectively communicates them to manager.
- Represent our client at local customer meetings as appropriate to increase exposure of client's products and services.
- Regular travel required which may include weekends for select customer or corporate meeting and events.
- Bachelor’s degree in business/life sciences
- Minimum of five years’ pharmaceutical sales or required relevant experience. Demonstrated history of documented, consistent, successful achievement of sales performance.
- Experience with patient groups, specialty pharmacies and distributors a plus.
- Ability to demonstrate effective management of a large geography desired.
- Ability to travel and possess a valid driver’s license to drive to assigned healthcare accounts, unless otherwise specified.
Syneos Health companies are affirmative action/equal opportunity employers (Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled)