Do you have a noticeable passion for results?
You’re bold, empathetic, and very resourceful, especially when results are at stake. You have what it takes: a competitive drive coupled with the exceptional ability to communicate the science behind our client’s products and build lasting business relationships. Such talent and passion make you the right fit for this unique Long Term Care Account Director with Syneos Health.
Syneos Health is currently recruiting for a Long-Term Care (LTC) Key Account Director for multiple areas in the U.S. This position will report to the National Business Director.
The LTC Key Account Director (LTC-KAD) is responsible for fostering business relationships in the LTC market with Tier 1 nursing home chains, LTC pharmacies, and consultant pharmacists and have the following responsibilities:
- Demonstrate a mastery of the client product clinical efficacy and a deep understanding of the market with special emphasis on product use in the elderly; articulate a key benefits message for the customer with special emphasis on institutionalized elderly patients; build excellent customer relations with key customers and accounts, as well as conduct customer in-services. This should all be done within HCC guidelines
- Partner with LTC pharmacy executives (CEO/COO/SVP/Director) at accounts to facilitate rapid delivery of client’s product
- Build relationships and influence nursing home chains at the C- and D-suite level (e.g. CEO, COO, SVPs, Directors of Quality, Medical Directors, CFO, CMO) in order to penetrate customers with breadth and depth in a way that and leads to the identification and implementation of quality partnership initiatives like clinical protocol development and care pathway placement with approved, on-label information and resources related to the client product.
- Provide insights, identify key opportunities, and develop specific plans with account or market objectives and tactics that increase the LTC providers’ understanding of where and how to use the client’s product
- Strategically develop & implement pull practice education plans that support providers across the skilled nursing facilities, residential nursing homes, and assisted living facilities belonging to the Tier 1 chains, including:
- Develop understanding of organization level of formulary control and willingness or ability to control based on past behavior
- Enable patient access to client’s product in skilled nursing facilities to reduce the risk of infections
- Enable utilization of client’s product in prioritized Systems of Care
- Track, problem solve, and support appropriate product usage and communicate key account initiatives broadly with key partners.
- Demonstrate the ability to identify and initiate educational opportunities through evolving Account business models
- Build network with key LTC professional associations, and channel-specific thought leaders at the C&D suite level to support appropriate use of client’s product
- Successfully partner with LTC specialty representatives and hospital team to develop and implement a channel-focused plan with targeted objectives to provide approved information across Tier 1 nursing home chains, referring hospitals & their contracted pharmacies
- Conduct local market analysis with Regional Directors of Field Educators to prioritize activities
- Apply a range of large account management, consultative skills, and clinical expertise to educate accounts about the client’s product and enhance our partnership with providers
- Work collaboratively with internal business partners, including but not limited to, Brand, Field Educators, Strategic Customer Group, and Medical Affairs, as appropriate to address account needs, maximize efforts, and increase awareness of client’s product
This is not an exhaustive, comprehensive listing of job functions. May perform other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate a track record of previous success and LTC market assessment skills to identify opportunities and execute effectively. The candidate must communicate clearly and concisely, function as a market knowledge expert and provide strategic partnership with local management teams (i.e. RFD, KAM, IBG).
- A minimum of a Bachelor Degree is required
- A minimum of three (3) years of professional Long-Term Care Account Sales experience
- Large account management experience
- Fluency in post-acute care & long-term care required
- Demonstrates strategic thinking, ability to balance short and long- term goals and gain alignment across multiple decision makers
- Experience in developing and implementing business plans, including identification, evaluation, and impact of opportunities
- The ability to travel, which may include overnight / weekend travel, up to 70% of the time, in support of the business, is required
- Master’s degree in a related field or an MBA
- Working knowledge of LTC facility and pharmacy payment sources and how each of these may influence the use of products in different levels of institutional care. In particular, a detailed knowledge of the different parts of Medicare drug coverage and how they are viewed by pharmacy providers vs. facility providers
- Understanding of and ability to stay current on evolving LTC policy and regulations and how they impact customer priorities and decision making
- 3 to 5 years of LTC Account Sales experience and existing relationships with the LTC skilled nursing facility chain community
Interviews may be conducted in person at an on-site interview location. For any in person interviews, local Covid safety guidelines will be followed.
As a healthcare company we have an important responsibility to protect individual and public health. This position will require individuals to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as part of their job responsibilities, unless an exemption can be confirmed based on a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief. Submission & Approval of an Exemption does not guarantee that an exemption can be accommodated.
At Syneos Health, we believe in providing an environment and culture in which our people can thrive, develop and advance. We reward and recognize our people by providing valuable benefits and a quality of life balance.
Why Syneos Health? Join a game-changing global company that is reinventing the way therapies are developed and commercialized. Here, each day brings an opportunity to take ownership of a new challenge. Teaming with some of the most talented clinicians in the industry, you'll improve patient outcomes and work in a dynamic environment to create better, smarter, faster ways to get biopharmaceutical therapies to patients. By joining Syneos Health, you’ll be connected to our multitude of career paths and pipeline of employment opportunities.
WORK HERE MATTERS EVERYWHERE | How will you accelerate pharmaceutical sales?
Syneos Health is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer (Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled)