The Strategy Director is part insight builder, part strategist, part storyteller extraordinaire. Frequently problem solving against some of the toughest business challenges in the industry. This position is responsible for creating the understanding that involves, inspires, and activates change amongst target audiences. Your role will be to cultivate insight from our proprietary platform and support the growth of organic and net new clients.
With an insatiable curiosity and deep interest in uncovering the behaviors, drivers and motivations of healthcare audiences, this role is hands-on in researching and delivering actionable insights, and then translating them to smart strategies that deliver on AnswerSuites’ “Why Healthcare Prescribers do what they do”.
You will be responsible for developing a solid point of view on various marketing client deliverables that address customer and business challenges. You will build, champion, and execute strategic ideas that lead to compelling narratives and effective solutions. You will jump into integrated, multi-disciplinary teams to help drive growth through new business efforts.
The Director Strategy is part of the Communications business unit and utilizes our own Product which manages a panel of HCP insight. You will have the opportunity to provide strategic insights, strategy support, and subject matter expertise across different brands within the entire roster of Communications agencies.
- Support strategic direction of the Business intelligence management team, helping to drive ongoing technology and operational improvements to drive quality and maintain cost competitiveness
- Participate in internal sales team operations meetings and represent panel management team / responsibilities and ongoing strategy updates
- Assist in formulating recruitment strategies and present recommendations to senior leadership.
- Proactively search for ways to improve operational efficiencies of the Panel Management team on collaborative assignment and develop working plans with Client Services team
- Assist in developing and implementing ideas that build business success for Syneos.
- Actively participate in internal improvement initiatives to enhance Syneos’s capabilities in structuring and packaging services, developing methodologies, building firm infrastructure, and developing intellectual capital
- Collaborate with clients, account teams, and research SMEs to gather and translate business priorities and objectives into effective research plans with accompanying business goals and tactics
- Elevate findings into insightful readout reports that bring the voice of the consumer to life and help to craft creative, clear and concise Healthcare stories
- Proactively partner with account, and creative colleagues within our Communications agencies to become a valued strategic partner both internally and externally
- Provide a deep understanding of the behaviors, drivers, and motivations of healthcare audiences (professional and consumer, as applicable)
- Keep a pulse on emerging trends and innovations in and out of healthcare to apply category-defying thinking to client brands
- Establish and evolve the brand strategy (positioning, messaging, personality, personas,) for client work, either as strategy lead or in partnership with a broader strategic team
- Persevere in nurturing and championing the “big insight idea”
- Participate in new business efforts, including coalescing research, shaping the approach, and aiding in developing the final presentation
Complex ideas into Action:
- Deliver business-right thinking through crafting human-centric stories that captivate, activate, and motivate
- Contribute to Syneos Health Communications high-visibility thought leadership through an informed and provocative point of view on key topics in healthcare
- Help elevate the skill set of agency strategists on strategic storytelling abilities, developing content and tools, and cascading new frameworks, points of view, all while maintaining a Commercial success mindset
- An innovative thinker who prides yourself on devising inventive solutions to even the most arduous problems.
- Fascinated by human behavior.
- Curious and drawn to new ideas, especially driven by data informed points of view.
- A believer that conformity is synonymous with mediocrity. You enjoy throwing down a challenge to existing thinking, and don’t take it personally when others return the favor.
- Versatile, optimistic, collaborative, and energetic.
- A little insight or analytically quirky… and totally okay with that.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Advertising or Communications, or a related field
- 5-7 years of industry experience with progressive levels of responsibility
- Experience building brands, working on client projects, and working within cross-functional team environments
- A blend of data-driven thinking and creativity
- A proven ability to conduct various qualitative research methods, and distill findings to clear, compelling insights as foundations for your strategic work
- Client-facing experience, preferably in a communications agency or for-profit consulting practice
- A track record of running with and completing projects with minimal direction
- An excellent understanding of the marketing mix; experience with digital and/or CX strategy is a plus
As a healthcare company we have an important responsibility to protect individual and public health. This position will require individuals to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as part of their job responsibilities, unless an exemption can be confirmed based on a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief. Submission & Approval of an Exemption does not guarantee that an exemption can be accommodated.
- Minimum of ten years of experience working in an office setting with a strong focus on complex Marketing concepts
- Experience supporting multiple team members, and either leading teams, or directly managing and supervising others
- Strong customer service focus, detail oriented, and able to work in a fast-paced, multi-faceted department
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) Must be well rounded and be able to identify, troubleshoot and resolve issues independently
At Syneos Health Communications, we believe in providing an environment and culture in which our people can thrive, develop and advance. We reward and recognize our people by providing valuable benefits and a quality of life balance.
Syneos Health Communications is the only healthcare communications network that is part of a company on the frontlines of healthcare, with a clear view into the everyday complexities of life and health. As part of Syneos Health™, our agencies — consisting of leading brands and experts in advertising, branding, public relations, managed markets and medical communications — are engaged in every point of influence in health, providing real-world insight into markets and audiences in ways that no other partner could.
WORK HEREMATTERS EVERYWHERE | How will you accelerate bringing new therapies to patients?
Syneos Health is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer (Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled)