You’re driven, resourceful, and above all else - remarkably smart.
You love a good challenge. You are the first to roll up your sleeves and work with relentless energy until you solve the unsolvable, beat the unbeatable and you always come out on top. Passable doesn’t cut it – you’ve got fire in your belly to learn more, do more and be more. For you, the sweetest success is shared success and you’re known for your good nature. You’ll fit right in at Syneos Health where we surround ourselves with the most talented and agile professionals in the industry, but we check our egos at the door.
The Operations Manager (OM) will work in conjunction with the business partner to develop and cultivate business and operational relationships with the client. Responsible for the coordination of internal services for delivery to the Client. The OM is primarily responsible/accountable to manage/perform relevant operational activities necessary to meet the Client’s needs/expectations, business objectives, and contractual metrics for all assigned sales, nurse, market access, and/or medical science liaison teams (projects). The number of assigned projects/teams can vary from being dedicated to a single project, to managing several projects, either for the same Client, or for several different Clients. Key activities include performance or oversight of the assigned project’s tasks, coordination and oversight of interdepartmental operational efforts to support the project, and coordination/communication of reports (regularly scheduled and ad hoc) and operational updates during the initial implementation of a project as well as post deployment (steady state).
Key Job Responsibilities:
(Duties may include, but not limited to all or some of the following)
- Act as first point of contact as well as primary operational liaison to ensure contracted operations meet the needs of the business. This will require constant communication with key individuals about the status of issues/resolutions and deliverables.
- Participate in the account planning process, review invoicing to ensure accuracy and identify non-trend activity and manage the account P&L per contract.
- Participate in the compilation of business review materials and client review presentations with the business partner.
- Coordinate between appropriate internal service departments and applicable external vendors to accomplish project essential tasks and deliverables.
- Prioritize and set expectations on activities / responsibilities with client and internal project business lead. This may include bringing them up to speed on capabilities/limitations so they can make informed decisions and assist in managing client expectations.
- Training, managing, communicating with, and monitoring the quality of work of assigned administrative staff as applicable.
- Plan and oversee field team meetings including site logistics and travel arrangements.
- Facilitation of communications to field personnel per management direction
- Generate periodic updates to keep business team apprised of operational state. Partner with internal project business lead in preparing formal presentations to include collating data.
- Responsible for monitoring project parameters, establishing bonus eligibility, and facilitating payout of field employee bonus within project guidelines
- Performance and coordination of activities to facilitate the onboarding and off-boarding of field personnel; Liaison with Human Resources for personnel actions, as needed
- Familiarization of and adherence to all processes, tools, and technology for those departments that directly support your assigned project(s).
- Responsible for the management of the expense reporting process. This includes careful monitoring of individuals and projects, responding to and resolving employee and manager issues, interfacing with the expense reporting and finance departments.
- Coordinate with business lead to help shepherd contracts and statements of work through pricing and approval process. This may involve assembling client support teams in collaboration with the service delivery organization.
Along with demonstrated initiative, uncompromised integrity and a results-oriented mindset, the ideal candidate has:
- BA/BS degree or 7+ years of equivalent/relevant experience.
- Minimum 3+ years of experience in a client services, operational management, or account manager role (life sciences industry highly preferred)
- Experience successfully managing/coordinating multiple departments and/or organizations to meet business objectives.
- Experience with Sales Force Automation, CRM, Reporting & Analytics and other applicable supporting technology and systems such as expense management, travel administration, learning management, etc.
- Strong customer service and account management skills
- Excellent oral/written presentation skills as well as interpersonal skills with the flexibility in dealing with different personality types.
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (SharePoint, Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
- Ability to attend client/project meetings as required. Overnight travel may be needed.
- Fundamental understanding and application of project management principles and skills.
- Strong aptitude towards usage of automated systems.
- Ability to translate customer needs into technical requirements
- The drive for self-development, the ability to collaborate, and an action-oriented work ethic
- Minimum of 3+ years of prior life sciences industry-specific experience working in field sales administration/operations
- Knowledge of and exposure to Medical Affairs, Market Access, and Nurse programs
Please note- Ideally we would like to hire someone that is commutable to our Somerset NJ office but open for the right candidate.
This position does exclude CO residents
At Syneos Health, we believe in providing an environment and culture in which our people can thrive, develop and advance. We reward and recognize our people by providing valuable benefits and a quality of life balance.
Why Syneos Health? Join a game-changing global company that is reinventing the way therapies are developed and commercialized. Here, you’re essential in solving and executing against today’s toughest commercialization challenges facing the world’s leading healthcare companies. From the very beginning, you’ll be supported by team members who, like you, aren’t afraid to try something new. You'll gain exposure and work in a dynamic environment to create better, smarter, faster ways to get biopharmaceutical therapies to patients.
WORK HERE MATTERS EVERYWHERE | How will you accelerate biopharmaceutical commercialization?
Syneos Health companies are affirmative action/equal opportunity employers (Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled)