You’re driven, resourceful, and above all else - remarkably smart. You love a good challenge. You are the first to roll up your sleeves and work with relentless energy until you solve the unsolvable, beat the unbeatable and you always come out on top. Passable doesn’t cut it – you’ve got fire in your belly to learn more, do more and be more. For you, the sweetest success is shared success and you’re known for your good nature. You’ll fit right in at Syneos Health where we surround ourselves with the most talented and agile professionals in the industry, but we check our egos at the door.
The Diabetes Training Manager is primarily responsible for the successful delivery, execution, and management of all of the Client’s diabetes training-related needs. The Training Manager Leader is expected to comprehend and communicate the disease state, marketplace, and product-specific materials and must possess effective facilitation and communication skills. As a partner to sales management and the client, the trainer should be highly competent in selling skills in complex customer environments.
The Training Manager will be the subject matter expert to deliver diabetes training on approved, brand driven, product training. The Training Manager will work cross functionally with the client's marketing brand teams and head of training to deliver new hire training, advanced skill set training and to pull thru on brand initiatives. The trainer will also work collaboratively with the Brand Teams, Training and the Syneos Health leadership team to understand the training needs of the Sales Force to ensure a well-rounded-training program for a diverse audience with varying needs is achieved.
Job Responsibilities (Duties may include, but are not limited to all of the following)
- Collaborates with the brand teams to develop, create, and deliver business acumen, product knowledge and selling skills training for all products.
- Collaborates with key cross-functional partners to ensure the training strategy and plan are aligned with the business goals, objectives and strategies; conducts on going needs analysis and leverages insights to inform the training strategies and curricula as needed.
- Maintains relationships, contact and communication with sales representatives and sales leadership for coaching, follow-up and continuity of blended learning completions.
- Works with the brand team and sales leadership to oversee and coordinate the development of any POA and National Sales Meeting’s agendas and workshops
- Partners with the Sales Advisory Champions to help pull thru on monthly initiatives, brand trainings or competency development
- Partner with National Business Director & Field Sales Managers to work with reps in the field to provide needs and assessment and tactics for competency development needed
- Supports Field Sales and Field Sales Management Team by leading efforts around national sales meetings, POA meetings, manager meetings, and other training interventions
- Conducts ongoing training needs analyses
- Creates and maintains a workable Training Plan to determine the goals, strategies, and tactics to be implemented to achieve client satisfaction
- Works with Field Sales Leadership and Field Sales Management to determine specific metrics and measurements to assess the success of training activities
- Demonstrated ability to utilize widely-known business software applications (e.g. MS Office Suite, PPT and Excel) to organize, analyze and synthesize information
- Develops and implements a comprehensive oncology training curriculum that aligns with core competencies supporting the overall strategy; delivers curricula from onboarding new hires to existing sales representatives within the Business Unit.
- Oversees content for all forms of training delivery & works with the content developer/vendor
- Engages with designated Field Sales Team and Client HQ Member throughout the entirety of development process. Nurtures the training concepts throughout their evolution to ensure alignment with the strategic intent of the overall brand objectives
- Oversees live training logistical and preparation support, including scheduling assistance, printing guides, and facilities requirements
- If needed, conducts leader or facilitator training for all developed content and provides support for delivery as requested
- Pulls thru on learning and development experiences, by collaborating with stakeholders to enable a high performing sales team. Ensures training programs support the changing needs of the business and address new initiatives, with an emphasis on current trends and practices in the diabetes landscape.
- Oversees implementation of or delivers all training programs, including new-hire backfill training, advanced training, NSMs, and POAs virtual training
- Demonstrated ability to use ongoing knowledge of applicable oncology and healthcare marketplace trends to inform the creation and delivery of learning and development events
- Manages classroom environment in a manner that allows representatives to meet learning objectives
- Evaluates the competency levels of training class participants and provides timely evaluations and feedback
- Works with sales management to formulate a representative development plan
- Researches, develops and disseminates post event evaluations, post-training support and reinforcement tools to sustain behavioral change and drive improved performance and business outcomes.
Along with demonstrated initiative, uncompromised integrity and a results-oriented mindset, the ideal candidate has:
- Bachelor's degree is required
- Minimum three (3) years of Pharmaceutical, Biotech, Specialty Sales Consultant Experience Required
- Minimum 1 year of training experience required
- Expertise in dabetes required
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office required
- Hospital or account management sales experience preferred.
- BSN, MBA or MS/MA in a related field is preferred.
- MBA or Masters in Instructional Design are a plus.
- Position is remote; however, 20% travel will be required for POA’s, NSM’s, new hire training and field coaching.
- Familiarity with Tableau, Veeva and Concur a plus
- The drive for self-development, the ability to collaborate, and an action-oriented work ethic
At Syneos Health, we believe in providing an environment and culture in which our people can thrive, develop and advance. We reward and recognize our people by providing valuable benefits and a quality of life balance.
Why Syneos Health? Join a game-changing global company that is reinventing the way therapies are developed and commercialized. Here, you’re a part of the big picture. We work hand in hand to guide pre-market development through post-market commercial strategy. Knowledge sharing across advisory groups unlocks the innovation and unique strategies our end-to-end commercialization projects require. Our collaborative mindset means every project is a chance to solve a new challenge, learn from your teammates, become better-rounded, and evolve your career.