Do you have a noticeable passion for results?
You’re bold, empathetic, and very resourceful, especially when results are at stake. You have what it takes: a competitive drive coupled with the exceptional ability to communicate the science behind our client’s products and build lasting business relationships. Such talent and passion make you the right fit for this Senior Data Engineer with Syneos Health.
The Senior Data Engineer will be responsible for expanding and optimizing our data and data pipeline architecture, as well as optimizing data flow and collection for cross functional teams and will support our software developers, database architects, data analysts and data scientists on our upcoming release of our Microsoft Azure Synapse platform initiatives. Ensure optimal data delivery using the existing Oracle data integration architecture
- Identify, troubleshoot and resolve data issues.
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture using Microsoft Azure Synapse Assemble, analyze, and monitor transformation of wide, complex data sets that meet functional/non-functional business requirements.
- Implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing workflows for greater productivity.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL, TSQL, and Microsoft’s Azure Data Factory or other similar technologies like AWS Redshift or Google Big Query
- Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights for our customers, operational efficiency with Syneos.
- Collaborate with stakeholders including the Executive, Product/Design, and Data Entry teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Keep our data separated and secure across national boundaries through multiple data centers and Microsoft Azure regions.
- Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product into an innovative industry leader.
- 5-7 years of experience in a Data Engineer role, who has attained a degree or possess the equivalent experience in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems, or another quantitative field.
- Microsoft Azure, AWS Redshift, Google Big Query, or Snowflake, Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.
- Knowledge of and experience working with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, Oracle is required.
- Experience with the following tools/platforms:
- Azkaban, Luigi, Airflow
- AWS cloud services
- Familiarity and some experience with stream-processing systems: Storm, Spark-Streaming, object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, C++, Scala.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
- Excellent organizational skills and detail oriented, that also has an innate ability to thrive in a constantly changing environment.
- Good communication skills with the ability to express sophisticated concepts effectively with an ability to inform, influence, convince and persuade.
- Strong ability to manage time and work independently
- Flexibility and ability to handle multiple tasks to meet deadlines while delivering high quality work in a dynamic environment
- High level of competency in English language
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with Oracle relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a other relational databases environments.
- Strong analytic skills related to working with structured and unstructured datasets.
- Proven ability to construct and build workflow processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency, and workload management.
- A successful history of automating, processing, and extracting value from wide and often disconnected datasets.
At Syneos Health, we believe in providing an environment and culture in which our people can thrive, develop and advance. We reward and recognize our people by providing valuable benefits and a quality of life balance.
Why Syneos Health? Join a game-changing global company that is reinventing the way therapies are developed and commercialized. Here, you’re empowered to exceed your sales goals with the autonomy you need to over deliver. We’re dedicated to creating better, smarter, faster ways to get biopharmaceutical therapies to patients. Syneos Health has launched more sales teams in the last 5 years across all major Therapeutic Areas than the top 25 pharma companies combined. By joining Syneos Health, you’ll be connected to our multitude of career paths and pipeline of employment opportunities.
WORK HERE MATTERS EVERYWHERE | How will you accelerate pharmaceutical sales?
Syneos Health is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer (Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled)