You’re driven, resourceful, and above all else - remarkably smart.
You love a good challenge. You are the first to roll up your sleeves and work with relentless energy until you solve the unsolvable, beat the unbeatable and you always come out on top. Passable doesn’t cut it – you’ve got fire in your belly to learn more, do more and be more. For you, the sweetest success is shared success and you’re known for your good nature. You’ll fit right in at Syneos Health where we surround ourselves with the most talented and agile professionals in the industry, but we check our egos at the door.
You’ll join The Commercial Advisory Group within Syneos Health Consulting. You will help clients maximize the commercial value of their assets, portfolio, and organization while building excellence in the commercial organization. You will also help companies market and sell more effectively in an environment increasingly dominated by third-party payers. More specifically:
An Analyst is an individual contributor on consulting projects and is primarily responsible for conducting secondary (i.e., analytically and scientifically based) research and supporting the creation of high-quality project materials and client deliverables. Expectations include the
ability to structure and complete individual project tasks on time and communicate proactively and effectively with team members and project management.
- Builds positive working relationships with clients, consulting staff, managers, leadership, and internal support teams.
- Achieves billable utilization targets in service to client engagements.
- Proactively seeks opportunities to build skills, experiences, and relationships by contributing to project engagements, internal initiatives, and business development opportunities
- Establishes a clear understanding of key project questions, overall timelines, and how her/his contributions relate to key deliverables in the client contract.
- Prepares for and attends client meetings and presentations. Takes primary responsibility for taking notes, writing up meeting minutes, summarizing next steps and action items, scheduling follow-up meetings, and communicating post-meeting, as appropriate.
- Creates high-quality PowerPoint slides and Excel spreadsheets with guidance and specific direction. Exhibits an attention to detail and an understanding of style guidelines. Delivers on-time and communicates proactively when timing is at risk.
- Demonstrates technical skill according to the demands of projects, and uses skill to create value on projects with appropriate level of assistance, including research and data analysis (e.g., organization of sources, data processing, analysis, and quality checking accuracy for pre-defined problems) and communicating findings succinctly and clearly verbally, visually (through graphs and charts) and written text.
- Responsible for creating and documenting project activities, including meeting minutes, status reports, and other client communications and project administration. Maintains document version control and style guidelines. Ensures proper document retention policies are followed. Supports project closure activities, including document redaction and archival.
- Approaches project ambiguity, client changes, delays/expedites, and/or unexpected data findings with maturity and professionalism. Maintains regular communication with project management and leadership.
- Gains experience in a variety of project types, client engagements, therapeutic areas, and Advisory Groups.
- Exhibits professional, positive, respectful, and mature interactions internally & externally. Displays passion and drive while advocating for a superior client experience through project delivery
- Actively participates in company-sponsored events, training and professional development opportunities, meetings, and office and Advisory Group initiatives.
- Drives a positive, collaborative, and professional team culture through words, attitude, and actions.
- Understands personal strengths and development needs. Seeks feedback and coaching. Sets annual professional development goals and engages in appropriate developmental stretch opportunities.
- Proactively seeks opportunities to expand knowledge of the biopharmaceutical industry, Consulting service offerings, and client products and markets.
- Demonstrates Syneos Health core values in action and word: challenge the status quo, collaborate to deliver solutions, and passionate to change lives
Along with demonstrated initiative, uncompromised integrity and a results-oriented mindset, the ideal candidate has:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Has demonstrated research and data analysis experience (e.g., organization of sources, data processing, analysis, and quality checking accuracy for pre-defined problems)
- Strong presentation skills required
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Ability to work in cross-functional teams
- Effective and professional communication skills
- Excellent time-management skills
- Demonstrated competence in verbal and written communication
- Proficiency with PowerPoint and Excel
- Ability to travel preferred
This position is open to any of our consulting offices. New York City, Boston, Santa Monica, San Francisco, Raleigh NC
At Syneos Health, we believe in providing an environment and culture in which our people can thrive, develop and advance. We reward and recognize our people by providing valuable benefits and a quality of life balance.
Why Syneos Health? Join a game-changing global company that is reinventing the way therapies are developed and commercialized. Here, you’re a part of the big picture. We work hand in hand to guide pre-market development through post-market commercial strategy. Knowledge sharing across advisory groups unlocks the innovation and unique strategies our end-to-end commercialization projects require. Our collaborative mindset means every project is a chance to solve a new challenge, learn from your teammates, become better-rounded, and evolve your career.
WORK HERE MATTERS EVERYWHERE | How will you accelerate biopharmaceutical commercialization?
Syneos Health companies are affirmative action/equal opportunity employers (Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled)