We are looking for an individual with valuable experience in management consulting to join our rapidly growing European team. Our consulting practice works exclusively with life sciences, med tech and healthcare services clients. Our clients include some of the best known names in the industry globally.
The ideal candidate is currently working in a reputable management consulting practice. We are looking for highly driven individuals who would like to specialize in life sciences, and are keen to take the next step in their development journey. Intellectual curiosity, strong interpersonal and analytical skills are essential. Ideally, you have an educational background in life sciences-related disciplines and are looking to leverage this more in your career and become a sector expert/ leader. Experience in life sciences consulting projects is preferred.
- Demonstrates proficiency in navigating the cycle of creating project deliverables, quality checking work, reviewing with project management/leadership, incorporating edits and feedback, and resubmitting work pieces for deliverable inclusion in a timely, efficient manner. Understands project roles and responsibilities and the impact on the broader client contract and specific tasks required. Exhibits exceptional attention to detail. Supports project leadership with the creation of high-quality project deliverables and the day-to-day management of client relationships.
- Leverages critical thinking and problem-solving skills to recommend creative ideas based on data analysis, personal experience, and industry best practices. Using research from competitive pipelines, company websites, prescribing information, epidemiology information, and syndicated reports, a Consultant/ Manager consolidates complex industry, market, client portfolio, and product data and recognizes and articulates trends in a clear and comprehensive manner.
- Supports the overall cross-functional management of projects, at both the client organization, as well as internally at Syneos Health.
- Understands and contributes to the effective management of project scope, approach, budget, resource allocations, and timelines. Demonstrates strong project management skills through the proactive management of individual project responsibilities and workload to ensure objectives, milestones, and timelines are met efficiently and effectively. Must be able to quickly adapt to changing priorities to achieve goals and targets.
- Supports business development efforts by conducting background research, identifying key business questions, and developing insightful content for proposal decks. May participate in pitches to win new projects.
- Proactively seeks opportunities for self-development and to expand industry knowledge, consulting service offerings and methodologies, client products and markets to build subject matter expertise within the biopharmaceutical industry.
- Actively participates in and begins to take on leadership roles through Consulting events, participates in professional development opportunities for the practice, meetings, and office and Practice Area initiatives. Drives a positive, collaborative team culture through words, attitude, and actions.
- Able to work across multiple (2-3) projects, handling different tasks and responsibilities and demonstrating an ability to manage time and stakeholders accordingly.
Along with demonstrated initiative, uncompromised integrity and a results-oriented mindset, the ideal candidate has:
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) required in life sciences, with a preference for PhD education
- Extensive work experience, preferably in the pharma or biotech industries
- Experience in consulting and/or biopharmaceutical work required
- Must possess strong analytical skills and the ability to think critically and creatively on engagements
- Strong business acumen required
- Demonstrated attention to detail required
- Ability to develop relevant client deliverables autonomously required
- Experience in research and data analysis (e.g., organization of sources, data processing, analysis, and quality checking accuracy for pre-defined problems)
- Strong presentation and meeting facilitation skills required
- Effective and professional communication skills (verbal, interpersonal, and written) required
- Exceptional collaboration skills and the ability to work in cross-functional teams
- Excellent time-management, multi-tasking, and problem solving skills
- Proficiency with PowerPoint and Excel required
- Ability to travel preferred