GSW performance analytics group at Syneos Health are looking for a data analytics leader that understands multichannel analytics and has a strong interest in the intersection between data science, behavior, changing privacy laws, and contemporary marketing methods. Critical to the role is MarTech strategy knowledge and successful implementation of advanced targeting analysis to help inform go-to-market strategy and implementation. Experience in using data to inform the next touch in a modern market stack/platform. Working knowledge of modern marketing technology stacks and marketing automation platforms is expected, such as Google Analytics, SalesForce Marketing Cloud, Marketo, Adobe and Experience Manager.
You will help drive our advanced analytics practice forward through collaboration with internal communications agencies, our media team, and advanced data science teams within our Kinetic team. Your efforts will contribute towards helping our clients understand how to be more effective and efficient in communicating about health choices. Your work will be crucial to anchoring the agencies within changing dynamics of contemporary marketing, while staying compliant and visible within the ever-changing privacy laws across the globe.
The Need Behind the Role
We are evolving the Advanced Analytics discipline within GSW to sit at the core of the agency. This shift allows for analytics resources and subject matter expertise to be better situated to inform CX designs, tactical implementation, and measure performance to drive optimization. To accomplish this goal, we intend to implement analytics automation processes that will enable us to pivot staff resources to more strategic measurement design and advanced measurement roles. This shift will allow us to deliver the real-time data-driven campaign insights necessary in modern multichannel and proper omnichannel deployment.
This need has been made more urgent by the planned depreciation of the third-party cookie across the industry next year, which will lead to a collection of competing targeting and measurement strategies that we must account for within a customer experience design and all tactical execution. The need is further amplified by the approval of new state-specific privacy laws, like CCPA (California) and CDPA (Virginia), that must reconcile with each other and GDPR.
We believe our success hinges on:
- Creating tactical plans founded on contemporary strategic analytics planning that allows the agency to demonstrate marketing success and stay compliant with privacy laws.
- Developing elegant solutions for performance measurement designed for the complexities of a post-cookie fragmentation
- World-class customer service skills. Ability to service clients, partners and internal stakeholders by understanding their needs, translating those needs into creative solutions, and delivering on those solutions with diligence and a sense of urgency.
- Outlining a vision for departmental growth that maximizes value and improves efficiency by balancing personnel talent with automation
We have tremendous investments in data, infrastructure, and talent throughout Syneos Health. Now is the time to better assess the intersections of those Syneos-wide investments with the Advertising-specific resources. Like any recipe that can be made extraordinary, we believe we have many core ingredients and tools. But we know it can be better. We seek the leader who can help us identify those gaps and help build streamlined analytics solutions for our company and our client’s success.
Types of projects
A small sampling of the problems we are solving:
- Advanced targeting analysis to help inform go-to-market (or market activation) strategy
- Experience in using data to inform the next touch in a modern market stack plus working known knowledge of how to leverage those systems to create an integrated marketing engine, such as creating lead scoring models and nurture track development/implementation for multi-channel CRM
- Triangulating the impact of post-cookie strategies, advancements in MarTech, and the shifting privacy law landscape
- Optimize multi-channel marketing campaigns by analyzing data and mining for key insights
- Identify factors that influence patients’ adherence to a treatment regimen
- Work with external platforms and data partners to deliver seamless data-driven outputs
- Drive better first-party, second-party, and cohort data strategies that enable better marketing performance end points
- Experience and Knowledge of cloud computing environments: AWS, Azure, GCP
- Lead teams and client in Advanced targeting analysis to help inform go-to-market strategy
- Provide internal consultancy services that guide CX design and tactical execution by consistently leveraging data to inform how to reach, activate, and measure a customer’s interactions in a modern MarTech stack
- Provide external consultancy to client internal analytics teams and third-party agencies when we are not tasked with measurement implementation and reporting
- Lead teams to develop measurement strategy to identify campaigns/websites KPI goals, data requirements and data visualization/reporting needs amidst: (1) heavily fragmented targeting/measurement strategies from media partners; (2) shifting state-based privacy restrictions
- Evolve and fine-tune campaign/channel performance measurement processes by automating where appropriate so that we may analyze large quantities of data/results
- Elevate the insights derived and storytelling craft of the team to deliver actionable analytics reports that lead with “what, so what, now what”
- Work with DevOps Partnership to Create lead scoring models and nurture track development/implementation for multi-channel CRM in partnership with agency strategy teams
- Support teams through analytics training, trouble-shooting, and client management
- Build a body of knowledge on category performance to inform future strategic planning/optimization
- Devise appropriate strategies for data collection to ensure data quality, accuracy and analytics implementation
- Work with cross dimensional teams to Design custom client dashboards using visualization software (Tableau, Data Studio, Power BI and/or other tools)
- Keep up-to-date with marketing industry trends and latest developments
- Support clients and account management on testing strategies and measurement methodologies
- Provide digital analytics consulting and training on best practices to our clients and internal teams
- Thought leadership through webcasts, white papers, and speaking engagements
- Bachelor’s Degree or relevant experience in a quantitative field/discipline
- 10+ years experience in digital advertising and/or marketing, preferably in a strategic analytical role
- Experience with digital marketing analytics platforms, preferably Google Product Suite (including Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager)
- Experience in data visualization tools, such as Power BI, Tableau, Qlik, or Cyfe
- Proficiency in MS Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Strong problem solving, written, verbal, presentation and project management skills
- Client-facing experience
- Business acumen from past professional experience
- Experience in managing and leading digital strategy or analytics teams
- Master’s Degree in Statistics, Computer Science a plus
- Experience working with various BI/Analytics implementations
- Proficiency in data querying languages a plus (R, SQL, Python, etc.)
What it will take to succeed here
- Deliver: Executing the day-to-day tasks; delivering projects on time and within parameters
- Drive: A willingness to advance beyond one’s analytic comfort zone, and pursue cutting edge methodologies. Requires a self-directed attitude, creativity, and familiarity with the business context of healthcare marketing.
- Grow: Being able to collaborate and adapt in a rapidly evolving environment. Requires a high level of self-knowledge and awareness of gaps in one’s own skill set and abilities, and a motivation to fill them. There will be lots of self-directed learning as well as on-the-job training by an interdisciplinary team. You will have access to whatever online tutorials, textbooks, and reference materials you need.
This position excludes Colorado based applicants. GSW turns against the premise of doing the “same old.” Our culture is focused on collaborative, meaningful advertising and day-to-day interpersonal interaction. We value the diverse backgrounds of our team members, and everyone has the opportunity to provide input and be heard. GSW is comprised of creative, motivated individuals who are all here for a reason. We welcome those who strive to work above and beyond their role, who voice their opinion and who are engaged in all aspects of the agency. At GSW, “speak people” is part of our every day. Our employees are inventing ways to go further, faster, thus giving purpose to liberating ideas within healthcare advertising. GSW is part of Syneos Health Communications, a purpose-built collective of agencies focused on supporting health and biopharmaceutical innovators. We work in scalable, collaborative teams that partner across disciplines and geographies to deliver integrated communications strategies that accelerate brand performance. In today’s fast-changing and complex environment, success lies in making connections: between science, emotion, and technology; between data, design and human insight. We’re able to make those connections because our medical communications, digital, advertising, public relations, data science, research and market access specialists work closely with each other and with healthcare experts, including physicians, pharmacists and advocates. Together, we are the connected healthcare partner tapping rich insights to drive innovation, change behavior and pioneer a new era of accountable marketing. Syneos Health Communications is powered by Syneos Health, a global professional services organization designed to help the biopharmaceutical industry shorten the distance from lab to life. WORK HERE MATTERS EVERYWHERE | How will you accelerate bringing new therapies to patients? Syneos Health is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer (Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled)