Overview You’re driven, resourceful, and above all else - remarkably smart. You love a good challenge. You are the first to roll up your sleeves and work with relentless energy until you solve the unsolvable, beat the unbeatable and you always come out on top. Passable doesn’t cut it – you’ve got fire in your belly to learn more, do more and be more. For you, the sweetest success is shared success and you’re known for your good nature. You’ll fit right in at Syneos Health where we surround ourselves with the most talented and agile professionals in the industry, but we check our egos at the door.
This position is responsible for the development and implementation of the Compliance and Ethics program that governs the communication, education, training and promotional activities for contracted commercial field teams (e.g., sales, nurse educators, MSLs, etc.). The Manager for Commercial Compliance & Ethics is responsible for ensuring a holistic approach that considers organizational risk, local/federal regulations and internal/respective client policies. More specifically:Key Responsibilities:
(Duties may include, but are not limited to all or some of the following):
- Conducts Commercial Compliance Capabilities presentations for potential clients and kickoff meetings.
- Serves as the Compliance Lead in weekly internal/external work stream meetings for new field team launches, team expansions and special projects.
- Manages the day to day compliance program operations across multiple contracted commercial field teams to ensure adherence to federal, state and local regulatory requirements and company/client policies.
- Partners effectively with business leaders to develop, implement, and monitor key compliance functions and risk areas for contracted commercial field teams.
- Monitors for new developments in state and federal healthcare laws and regulations to ensure the compliance program for respective field teams adheres to legal requirements.
- Initiates, facilitates, and promotes activities to foster compliance awareness and encourage reporting of potential compliance issues.
- Maintains understanding of compliance laws and regulations related to promotional activities and proposes updates to the compliance program, as appropriate.
- Proactively identifies, develops and implements enhancements to improve processes, compliance oversight and mitigate potential risks to the organization.
- Works collaboratively with functions such as investigations, operations, data and project management.
- Develops training and knowledge updates pertaining to state and federal regulations and internal/client policies and procedures for respective contracted commercial field teams; deliver live and virtual compliance training.
- Collaborates with stakeholders to develop and execute strategic plans to mitigate risk.
- Strives to ensure continuous communication, education and training consistent with industry practices and solutions, including leveraging available solutions.
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and execute deliverables.
- Performs a variety of tasks to support Commercial Compliance initiatives.
- Leads and directs the work of others.
Must live within driving distance to our Somerset, NJ office to attend meetings, trainings etc. #IndeedCO
Job Requirements Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree and five plus years of compliance experience within healthcare (bio/pharm/med device) industry.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills required. Ability to interact with all levels of the business
- Ability to drive projects to completion, meeting internal and external timeline driven deliverables with a high degree of accuracy and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated ability to be proactive, exercise independent judgment and demonstrated ability to work effectively on cross-functional teams with all levels of management and external client personnel.
- Proven ability to collaborate and advice management and clients on compliance matters and develop practical business solutions to mitigate risk.
- Demonstrated ability exercise critical thinking in applying principles, theories and concepts on a wide range of problems.
- Familiarity with components of compliance programs; specific experience in training, communications and/or business process development.
- Demonstrate current working knowledge of various rules, regulations and industry guidance relevant to healthcare compliance.
- Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures
- Ability to forge strong working relationships with employees in different disciplines and at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrate high standards of conduct and ethics as well as appropriate judgment, independence, and discretion
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- 5-15% overnight travel required.
At Syneos Health, we believe in providing an environment and culture in which our people can thrive, develop and advance. We reward and recognize our people by providing valuable benefits and a quality of life balance
Why Syneos Health? Join a game-changing global company that is reinventing the way therapies are developed and commercialized. Here, you’re essential in solving and executing against today’s toughest commercialization challenges facing the world’s leading healthcare companies. From the very beginning, you’ll be supported by team members who, like you, aren’t afraid to try something new. You'll gain exposure and work in a dynamic environment to create better, smarter, faster ways to get biopharmaceutical therapies to patients.
WORK HERE MATTERS EVERYWHERE | How will you accelerate biopharmaceutical commercialization?
Syneos Health companies are affirmative action/equal opportunity employers (Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled)