You’re driven, resourceful, and above all else - remarkably smart.
You love a good challenge. You are the first to roll up your sleeves and work with relentless energy until you solve the unsolvable, beat the unbeatable and you always come out on top. Passable doesn’t cut it – you’ve got fire in your belly to learn more, do more and be more. For you, the sweetest success is shared success and you’re known for your good nature. You’ll fit right in at Syneos Health where we surround ourselves with the most talented and agile professionals in the industry, but we check our egos at the door.
You’ll join The Risk And Program Management Group within Syneos Health Consulting. You will assist pharma consortiums in facilitating the myriad legal, financial, and operational risks and nuances of program management.
More specifically: A Program Manager is a people manager in the Risk and Program Management Advisory Group, with day-to-day oversight of a client program. Expectations include the ability to build relationships (internally and externally), identify client needs, design strategic and innovative solutions, and deliver client contracts on time and on budget. As a member of the management team, a Program Manager is responsible for ensuring a superior client experience while developing the skills and supervising the work of consulting staff team members. This experienced professional exhibits decision quality, action orientation, communication savvy, and resourcefulness as the primary steward of a PMO program.
- Builds positive working relationships with clients, consulting staff, managers, leadership, and internal support teams.
- Achieves billable utilization and managed book of business targets in service to client engagements.
- Proactively seeks opportunities to build skills, experiences, and relationships by contributing to program engagements, internal initiatives, and business development opportunities.
- Collaborates with program leadership to design, manage, and execute all aspects of a client engagement according to the client’s business goals, products, and expectations. Plans and aligns resources to ensure the successful delivery of client contracts. Optimizes work processes to maintain program scope, budget, timelines, and resource allocations. Accountable for program activities and leverages internal tools and tracking systems to ensure program objectives, milestones, and timelines are met. Must be able to quickly adapt to changing priorities to achieve goals and targets.
- Acts as the day-to-day point person for the development of client deliverables and management of the client relationship and contract. Serves as the primary liaison with clients. Establishes a trusted advisor relationship with the client through personableness, trust, credibility, and reliability.
- Demonstrated expertise in leading the management consulting cycle of creating project deliverables, quality checking work, setting expectations with the project team, delivering edits and feedback to consulting staff team members, and driving deliverable completion from start to finish. Leverages team member strengths and professional development opportunities to assign project roles and responsibilities.
- Prepares for, attends, and facilitates client meetings and presentations. Acts as the subject matter expert on data, findings, and recommendations outlined in meeting materials and client deliverables. Responsible for fielding client questions and anticipating client questions and concerns. Demonstrates confidence and credibility through interpersonal skills and content knowledge.
- Supervises consulting staff development of high-quality PowerPoint slides in accordance with Consulting style guidelines and templates, and other project deliverables. Demonstrates a strategic and systematic decision-making approach to communicating data through text, graphics, images, and/or other communication choices. Responsible for all elements of PowerPoint development and presentation, including compelling, structured, and logical storyboards. Influences strategic insight generation and recommendations.
- Leverages critical thinking and problem-solving skills to recommend creative ideas based on data analysis, personal experience, and industry best practices. Works with program management/leadership to challenge and pressure test client recommendations, when appropriate. Anticipates and supports client needs, concerns, and challenges through the design of alternatives and contingency plans. Demonstrates resourcefulness.
- Navigates and resolves program ambiguity, client changes, delays/expedites, and/or unexpected findings with maturity and professionalism. Maintains regular communication with program leadership.
- Uses judgement and discernment to communicate with clients, team members, and program leadership on a regular basis. Proactively communicates when timing is at risk. “Manages up” to keep program leadership informed of activities, team dynamics, project status, scope changes, potential risks, and business development opportunities.
- Takes the initiative to develop business acumen, including corporate and industry operations.
- Exhibits professional, positive, respectful, and mature interactions internally & externally. Displays passion and drive while advocating for a superior client experience through program delivery and management.
- Actively participates in company-sponsored events, training and professional development opportunities, meetings, and office and Advisory Group initiatives.
- Drives a positive, collaborative, and professional team culture through words, attitude, and actions.
- Understands personal strengths and development needs. Seeks feedback and coaching. Sets annual professional development goals and engages in appropriate developmental stretch opportunities.
- Proactively seeks opportunities to expand knowledge of the biopharmaceutical industry, Consulting service offerings, and client products and markets. Deepens expertise in REMS requirements, service offerings, and/or functional areas.
- Demonstrates Syneos Health core values in action and word: challenge the status quo, collaborate to deliver solutions, and passionate to change lives.
Along with demonstrated initiative, uncompromised integrity and a results-oriented mindset, the ideal candidate has:
- Graduate or higher degree (e.g. MBA, PhD, PharmD) in business or life sciences, or PMI Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) / Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Skilled in directing the work of others and driving results; must have management experience
- Pharmaceutical experience required
- Displays a strategic mindset and seeks innovative solutions
- Aptitude for translating ambiguity and uncertainty into actionable next steps through resourcefulness, resiliency, and adaptability
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Strong meeting facilitation skills
- Exceptional interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Ability to work in cross-functional teams
- Effective and professional communication skills
- Excellent time-management skills
- Ability to assess client needs and deliver high-quality, effective communications
- Must be fluent in English (written and spoken)
- Must be proficient in the use of MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Familiarity with Project Management tools (e.g. MS Project, SharePoint)
- Demonstrated project management experience required
At Syneos Health, we believe in providing an environment and culture in which our people can thrive, develop and advance. We reward and recognize our people by providing valuable benefits and a quality of life balance.
Why Syneos Health? Join a game-changing global company that is reinventing the way therapies are developed and commercialized. Here, you’re a part of the big picture. We work hand in hand to guide pre-market development through post-market commercial strategy. Knowledge sharing across advisory groups unlocks the innovation and unique strategies our end-to-end commercialization projects require. Our collaborative mindset means every project is a chance to solve a new challenge, learn from your teammates, become better-rounded, and evolve your career.
WORK HERE MATTERS EVERYWHERE | How will you accelerate biopharmaceutical commercialization?
Syneos Health companies are affirmative action/equal opportunity employers (Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled)