Overview You’re driven, resourceful, and above all else - remarkably smart.
You love a good challenge. You are the first to roll up your sleeves and work with relentless energy until you solve the unsolvable, beat the unbeatable and you always come out on top. Passable doesn’t cut it – you’ve got fire in your belly to learn more, do more and be more. For you, the sweetest success is shared success and you’re known for your good nature. You’ll fit right in at Syneos Health where we surround ourselves with the most talented and agile professionals in the industry, but we check our egos at the door.
The Incentive Compensation Analyst will be responsible for analyzing, interpreting and messaging data for the purpose of incentive compensation administration. Responsibilities include compensation program analysis, report creation, maintenance and administration of incentive processes and programs. In addition, the position is responsible for data analysis and reporting and provides necessary professional and/or technical level support and guidance. Functions as an internal technical consultant to HR, senior management, hiring managers, and employees to identify and resolve various compensation-related issues/questions.
Key Job Responsibilities:
(Duties may include, but not limited to all or some of the following)
- Analyze and perform quality control functions on all IC deliverables.
- Proactively work with internal management to design and implement tools to measure sales force effectiveness which will be utilized in IC programs.
- Analyze existing policies & processes and make recommendations to improve operational efficiencies.
- Research and respond to customer inquiries regarding IC.
- Assist in design and development of new Incentive Compensation programs.
- Work independently to process information and data to create reports on activities, trends, and projections regarding incentive plan performance, efficiencies, and possible improvements.
- Meet with Sales Management and Clients to establish, monitor and review performance.
- Prepare detailed workflow charts and diagrams that describe input, output, and logical operation
- Create case studies identifying business trends regarding sales force metrics as they pertain to IC.
- Develop and maintain project documentation including scope documents.
- Prepare IC communication materials to assure continued success of incentive plan programs.
- Provide input on plan changes to assure incentive plans support business objectives.
- Act as contact with other Syneos departments to gather information for analysis and data utilized in the IC Process.
- Prepare management reports and analyses as requested.
- Other projects as deemed necessary by Management.
Job Requirements Along with demonstrated initiative, uncompromised integrity and a results-oriented mindset, the ideal candidate has:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Finance, Data Analytics or other business-related field is required; Master's degree preferred
- Financial, Sales or Analytical (sales or statistics) reporting experience (2-3 years)
- Strong data analysis/financial analysis skills
- SQL (can code a query), advanced Microsoft Office (i.e. Excel, Access, Word, and PowerPoint) skills
- Experience with Power BI as well as industry IC Tools
- IC, Pharma and SQL/Advanced Excel Professional-level work experience in the incentive compensation preferably in the Pharmaceutical area
- Previous IC reporting experience
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Why Syneos Health?
- Must demonstrate advanced proficiency in the use of Microsoft Excel, including the ability to create complex models, formulas, pivot tables and power pivot reports.
- Database query skills (e.g. Microsoft Access, SQL or equivalent)
- Proficiency with standard Microsoft Office applications (Access, Word, Power Point, Outlook)
- Ability to set and maintain multiple priorities in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment with shifting priorities while providing deliverables in a timely fashion.
- Must be well-organized with excellent time management skills, attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to develop/create professionally formatted summary materials (e.g. spreadsheets, tables, charts).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact at all levels.
- Ability to identify and understand broad-scope issues while simultaneously attending to details.
- Must be a team player with excellent follow-up and customer service skills.
- Must be self-motivated and results oriented; take ownership of projects and produces results.
- Pro-active, goal-oriented and able move quickly to resolution.
- Proven strong analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills, and ability to synthesize information and data from a variety of sources.
- Ability to apply sound judgment to solve problems, make defensible recommendations; Understand how compensation impacts other company departments.
Join a game-changing global company that is reinventing the way therapies are developed and commercialized. Created through the merger of two industry leading companies - INC Research and inVentiv Health - we bring together more than 23,000 clinical and commercial minds to create better, smarter, faster ways to get biopharmaceutical therapies to patients. Teaming with some of the most talented professionals in the industry, you'll gain exposure and work in a dynamic environment where you'll be supported with comprehensive resources including emerging technologies, data, science and knowledge sharing. Grow your career with a global company committed to shortening the distance from lab to life. Syneos Health is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer (Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled)