You are organized, driven, and thrive in an ownership position.
You're ambitious and business-savvy enough to secure and organize high-visibility, large-scale projects. However, you know that maintaining close individual relationships and being a reliable liaison are the keys to building confidence and lasting trust with your customers. Can you see the big picture and the details? You have the potential to excel in this dynamic Engagement Manager role with Creative Studios.
The Engagement Manager contributes to the development of brand strategy and account management. Independently manages direct reports and internal team throughout project development and implementation.
- Financial monitoring and budget compliance
- Client relationships (marketing/product managers)
- Brand champion in collaboration with creative team leader
- Supporting strategic and tactical planning, scope execution, and Syneos Health cross-servicing opportunities
- Manages client budgets (timely estimate submissions and compliance; prompt revision if required); manages client demands vs. agreed budget.
- Assists in financial control of account, both utilization and profitability; partners with account biller to facilitate accurate monthly invoicing, follows up on accounts receivables; helps prepare regular reporting/reconciliations.
- Partners with creative services manager and creative team leader to manage and lead the team in all aspects of project development; ensures delivery of breakthrough ideas/work consistent with brand positioning and GSW-W standards (i.e., excellent creative, on target strategically, on time, and on budget).
- Helps facilitate a strong, cohesive team that is focused on priorities, knowledgeable about client(s)’ products and services; identifies and assists in resolving conflict; celebrates brand/team success.
- Manages team communication (specific to project management).
- Daily client contact and follow-up; identifies and understands client’s challenges as well as tactical needs; properly interprets client feedback; keeps management apprised of critical client concerns and opportunities.
- Represents and defends the agency’s point of view; handles objections/appropriately pushes back; challenges strategies and directions not aligned with the brand positioning.
- Helps new client managers acclimate to advertising and branding principles and the implementation processes; ensures timely tactical rollout per scope agreement.
- Understands agency strategic tools (brand arc, creative cube, etc); participates in internal brand strategy discussions
- Provides daily management direction to direct reports (executives and coordinators), including performance reviews, development plans, and MBO plans; distributes the workload thoughtfully; allows people to take ownership for their work.
- Attends all appropriate client meetings, market research, conventions, and provides follow-up documentation of key learning.
- Assists in analyzing and summarizing product/market performance, market research data, literature, and competitive promotion for the client and agency team.
- Stays current with industry news and competitive environment to continually expand knowledge.
- Clinical experience required, Patient Engagement experience preferred
- Minimum 5 years of relevant client experience in marketing or other related disciplines; or
- Minimum 5 years of relevant agency experience; or
- Strong knowledge of general pharmaceutical marketing and sales, as well as disease state and product science, therapeutic market, and competition
At Syneos Health Communications, we believe in providing an environment and culture in which our people can thrive, develop and advance. We reward and recognize our people by providing valuable benefits and a quality of life balance.
Syneos Health Communications is the only healthcare communications network that is part of a company on the frontlines of healthcare, with a clear view into the everyday complexities of life and health. As part of Syneos Health™, our agencies — consisting of leading brands and experts in advertising, branding, public relations, managed markets and medical communications — are engaged in every point of influence in health, providing real-world insight into markets and audiences in ways that no other partner could.
WORK HERE MATTERS EVERYWHERE | How will you accelerate bringing new therapies to patients?
Syneos Health is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer (Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled)