The Business Development Coordinator (BDC) assists in managing the day‐to‐day workload and execution of business development deliverables. The successful BDC is a self-starter that is extremely detail‐oriented, an active‐listener, proactive communicator, and able to take direction and follow process. This team member is also eager to learn about business development, marketing communications, brand strategy, and the pharmaceutical industry. The BDC has the ability to collaborate on projects from planning to execution, multi-task in many different directions, and manage time appropriately to support meeting the Kinetic team’s objectives in optimizing opportunity conversion and promoting pitch excellence.
- Manage business development logistics: support new growth opportunities by preparing status reports, capturing meeting notes, actively tracking progress, and setting up tech and logistics
- Tracking opportunities: Support effective alignment across the team by creating a big-picture view of needs and value of opportunities in the pipeline. Complete spreadsheet updates and Salesforce (CRM) entries. Prompt leaders on opportunities for follow-up and opportunity review.
- Assist in development: Conduct research as needed on companies/products and their competitors, summarizing for distribution to team. Gather core assets (background, capabilities, case studies, thought leadership, bios, etc) to support response development on RFI, RFP and pitch requests
- Partner with peers: Liaise with other new business organizations across our integrated clinical and commercial organization on relevant opportunities
Areas of Focus:
- Development of company credentials, RFI/RFP questionnaires
- Reviews and understands RFI/RFP requirements
- Researches and gathers information to aid in developing first draft of complete response
- Works with leaders to engage other internal parties for information when necessary
- Works with appropriate creative resources to finalize RFI/RFP responses
- Retrieval and dissemination of relevant content from hubs per business unit or growth engine opportunity requests
- Maintains working knowledge of Syneos Health solutions and resources and recognizes/acts upon convergent opportunities
- Support Kinetic team members in the management of their assigned pitch opportunities by coordinating meetings, taking notes, content collection and organization, pitch team member follow-up
- Liaise with internal departments to maintain content including creative studio for design and collateral, business technology for platform updates, pitch champions for information collection
- Makes an effort to gain and maintain a working knowledge of the industry, brands, and categories
- Support the development of tools, technology and resources to house and automate access to critical business development assets (credentials, capabilities, case studies, relationships, individual agency and global partner information)
- Build and maintain appropriate content hubs to ensure up-to-date information and knowledge of where information can be found
- Deconstructs final presentations for best practices or reusable examples and identifies key words/metadata for future reference
- Development of necessary case studies to demonstrate core communications services and differentiation
- Conduct appropriate access and engagement trainings for content hubs and platforms
- Manage and update content to align with changing landscape of the organization to ensure validity and accuracy
- Proactively analyze, identify, and fill knowledge gaps by collaborating with internal teams to mine and refine data and information
- Day-to-day contact and management of external vendor/subscription content (Mirren, Docurated)
- Reports to the Managing Director.
- Partners closely with other Kinetic team members to support ongoing business development efforts
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, journalism, English or relevant coursework
- 2 years agency, marketing or sales experience.
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Effectively executes more than one task at a time, establishes clear expectations, and manages workload appropriately
- Ability to engage with staff at levels above/below and laterally within the organization
- Natural collaborator dedicated to continued expansion of Syneos Health connectivity across the global organization
- High computer proficiency in MS Power Point, Word and Excel required
- Demonstrates a commitment to fostering a team environment across functions
- Develops strong relationships with internal team
- Adapts well to new situations and environments
At Syneos Health, we believe in providing an environment and culture in which our people can thrive, develop and advance. We reward and recognize our people by providing valuable benefits and a quality of life balance.
Why Syneos Health? Join a game-changing global company that is reinventing the way therapies are developed and commercialized. Here, you’re empowered to exceed your sales goals with the autonomy you need to over deliver. We’re dedicated to creating better, smarter, faster ways to get biopharmaceutical therapies to patients. Syneos Health has launched more sales teams in the last 5 years across all major Therapeutic Areas than the top 25 pharma companies combined. By joining Syneos Health, you’ll be connected to our multitude of career paths and pipeline of employment opportunities.
WORK HERE MATTERS EVERYWHERE | How will you accelerate bringing new therapies to patients?
Syneos Health is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer (Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled)