You are organized, driven, and thrive in an ownership position.
You're ambitious and business-savvy enough to secure and organize high-visibility, large-scale projects. However, you know that maintaining close individual relationships and being a reliable liaison are the keys to building confidence and lasting trust with your customers. Can you see the big picture and the details? You have the potential to excel in this dynamic Account Director
role with GSW.
GSW is a full-service healthcare communications agency that goes beyond advertising to create personalized brand experiences. We develop strategic marketing solutions for pharmaceutical, biotech and health-and-wellness clients around the world. We create experiences that involve, inspire, educate and activate people through ongoing brand journeys.
- Client Management: Viewed as a partner by clients, understands the role of cross-functional team members, and is able to add value in extended brand team meetings. Applies senior-level experience and knowledge to grow and secure the clients’ business. Takes a leadership role in the development of strategic plans, marketing plans and brand/business reviews, including challenging the client strategically. Champions the agency’s digital capabilities and promotes digital opportunities. Serves as the external and internal brand ambassador, earns client trust and confidence. Advises on category and industry trends and the regulatory environment. Directs the execution of account plans and activities, within designated timelines and established budgets.
- Business Development: Develops new business opportunities within current client base and potential prospects. Networks within the industry, builds and nurtures relationships. Identifies and enables initiatives to expand our value with clients and make us an indispensible partner in their business. Grows the agency’s business through traditional and digital opportunities.
- Business Management Leadership: Manages the budgeting, planning and tracking of business activities to ensure profitability on clients. Takes a leadership role in the development of company policies and processes required to support business growth. Seeks out opportunities to champion appropriate initiatives, which provides both an opportunity for personal development and growth, but also demonstrates a commitment to the long-term viability of the organization.
- Account Team Leadership: Provides leadership by setting a professional example and work ethic. Manages direct reports for high performance, moving quickly to address mediocre/poor performance. Establishes an expectation for digital learning and growth from every team member. Recognizes and enables employee potential. Manages recruitment, defining roles/responsibilities/priorities, and termination of staff when applicable. Challenges the status quo to find new and better ways to work; solicits and expects new ideas. Motivates the team by celebrating brand/team successes, sharing credit, providing rewards and recognition and development opportunities. Shares key learning and successes with colleagues. Honours own commitments/promises, and inspires commitment and loyalty in others.
- Internal Agency Leadership: Monitors the performance of key projects and programs, serving as the ultimate “go to” person on account matters. Manages processes through internal teams, clients and suppliers. Works proactively to anticipate and manage events that impact the agency’s business. Ensures that forecasts are achieved and that client mandates are successfully carried out. Directs appropriate internal and external resources to address specific issues and opportunities.
- Personal Leadership and Accountability: Committed to excellence, personal and professional growth, and continually expanding knowledge. Looks for ways to do things better, based on a passion for the business and the agency. Works with integrity every day on every project and holds him/herself accountable for delivering on expectations. Seeks feedback, listens, and acts on it. Stays current with industry news and the competitive environment. Assists in creating and building an agency culture that reinforces high levels of client service, operational excellence, commitment, respect and team spirit. Works collaboratively to ensure that work produced is consistently of the highest quality.
- Bachelor’s degree and 8 years of agency or relevant marketing experience
- Excellent time-management skills; ability to prioritize work and escalate issues
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Displays knowledge, aptitude and willingness to embrace digital concepts such as interactive design, user-experience, engagement, mobile, social media, programming etc.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Self-starter who demonstrates initiative when exploring team/client needs, responding to requests and learning marketing principles and pharma industry market dynamics
Professional/Personal Skills and Competencies
- Team Management: Experienced in onboarding/managing/leading/developing people, teams, projects and change. Drives strong employee engagement; fosters open dialog and address team issues; defines success in terms of the whole team; focuses on what is important; works in a well-organized manner; identifies and solve problems.
- Client Management: Manages client expectations, represents the agency’s position, appropriately challenges/negotiates client as/when required. Leads digital strategy. Knows the right questions to ask and the information required to understand client’s challenges, implements new initiatives. Actively listens to client input and able to identify appropriate questions and information gaps and opportunities.
- Financial Management: Shows business savvy and financial acumen necessary to manage the budgeting, planning and tracking of business activities to control EBIT and grow the business.
GSW turns against the premise of doing the “same old.” Our culture is focused on collaborative, meaningful advertising and day-to-day interpersonal interaction. We value the diverse backgrounds of our team members, and everyone has the opportunity to provide input and be heard. GSW is comprised of creative, motivated individuals who are all here for a reason. We welcome those who strive to work above and beyond their role, who voice their opinion and who are engaged in all aspects of the agency.
At GSW, “speak people” is part of our every day. Our employees are inventing ways to go further, faster, thus giving purpose to liberating ideas within healthcare advertising.
GSW is part of Syneos Health Communications, a purpose-built collective of agencies focused on supporting health and biopharmaceutical innovators. We work in scalable, collaborative teams that partner across disciplines and geographies to deliver integrated communications strategies that accelerate brand performance. In today’s fast-changing and complex environment, success lies in making connections: between science, emotion, and technology; between data, design and human insight. We’re able to make those connections because our medical communications, digital, advertising, public relations, data science, research and market access specialists work closely with each other and with healthcare experts, including physicians, pharmacists and advocates. Together, we are the connected healthcare partner tapping rich insights to drive innovation, change behavior and pioneer a new era of accountable marketing.
Syneos Health Communications is powered by Syneos Health, a global professional services organization designed to help the biopharmaceutical industry shorten the distance from lab to life.
WORK HERE MATTERS EVERYWHERE | How will you accelerate bringing new therapies to patients?
Syneos Health is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer (Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled)