Updated: June 2, 2021
Location: London, ENG, United Kingdom
Job ID: 131096
Base Location: UK with travel across Europe
The Clinical Trial Liaison is responsible for providing non-promotional scientific, educational, and research support for client’s clinical studies. The CTL should be highly trained in assigned therapeutic area and well-versed in clinical research and practice. A primary focus of this role and basis for measuring CTL performance is the ability to identify appropriate patients with Agitation in Alzheimer’s Disease (AAD) and their treating physicians, support acceleration of clinical studies completion through identification of new clinical sites, collaboration with existing sites, and/or enrollment of appropriate patients in client-sponsored clinical trial.
• Establishes and maintains strong working relationships with Principal Investigators (PIs) and clinical trial sites to support the enrollment and conduct of clinical studies
• Works with internal Clinical Development and Clinical Operations leads and trial sites to understand and implement study protocols effectively; partners with sites to develop and implement effective local and regional subject recruitment strategies, facilitate escalation of investigator questions/concerns, recruitment/retention initiatives and clinical site & investigators meetings as it relates to recruitment strategies
• Identifies physicians currently managing patients with Agitation in Alzheimer’s Disease (AAD) and cultivates a network of experts in treatment of AAD at academic and community centers to identify new trial sites and/or drive patient referrals and rapid enrolment
• Provides field insight to the study teams related to trends for the identification and recruitment of the patients
• Follows up with site post initiation to ensure patient enrolment is run smoothly, identifies challenges, issues and barriers, reports back and works with study teams and sites to develop solutions
• Develops a network and heat maps of HCPs/hospitals involved in study specific diagnosis and management of patients
• Adhere to regulatory and compliance guidelines and company policies.
• Address administrative and reporting needs on a timely basis or as requested by management, including documenting of CTL activities into Customer Relationship Management (CRM) as required
• Advanced degree in a clinical specialty (PharmD, PhD, MD) with clinical experience.
• Experience as a Nurse Clinical Educator / CTL or senior clinical development role.
• CNS (ideally Alzheimer) experience required.
• Experience in clinical research, patient recruitment, and investigator-sponsored trials.
• Self-starter, highly accountable, and skilled problem solver.
• Very good understanding of networking and patient enrolment strategies.
• Willingness to travel extensively across a number of regions.
At Syneos Health, we believe in providing an environment and culture in which our people can thrive, develop and advance. We reward and recognise our people by providing valuable benefits and a quality of life balance.
Why Syneos Health? Join a game-changing global company that is reinventing the way therapies are developed and commercialised. Here, each day brings an opportunity to take ownership of a new challenge. Teaming with some of the most talented clinicians in the industry, you'll improve patient outcomes and work in a dynamic environment to create better, smarter, faster ways to get biopharmaceutical therapies to patients. By joining Syneos Health, you’ll be connected to our multitude of career paths and pipeline of employment opportunities.
WORK HERE MATTERS EVERYWHERE | How will you accelerate improving patient outcomes?
Syneos Health is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer (Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled)
Discover what our 24,000 employees already know: work here matters everywhere. We work hard, and smart, all in the name of getting much-needed therapies to those who need them most. A career with Syneos Health means your everyday work improves patients’ lives around the world. Selecting us as an employer secures a career in which you’re guaranteed to: