You’re driven, resourceful, and above all else - remarkably smart.
You love a good challenge. You are the first to roll up your sleeves and work with relentless energy until you solve the unsolvable, beat the unbeatable and you always come out on top. Passable doesn’t cut it – you’ve got fire in your belly to learn more, do more and be more. For you, the sweetest success is shared success and you’re known for your good nature. You’ll fit right in at Syneos Health where we surround ourselves with the most talented and agile professionals in the industry, but we check our egos at the door.
Responsible for maintaining, updating and strategically expanding Syneos Health’s Payer Panel of expert industry advisors, while educating and supporting consultants in the use of this panel for quantitative and qualitative market research projects. Develops and upholds relevant policies, procedures, and training to ensure compliance with all applicable market research laws and standards. This position will take an active role in engaging advisors from the panel and proactively managing day-to-day fielding operations by Insight Specialists to ensure projects are completed successfully and on time. More specifically:
- Ensure timely access to key pivotal contacts within Syneos Health’s Payer Panel.
- Profile industry advisors and their organizations in the Payer Panel to understand and detail their roles, decision-making responsibilities, experience and areas of expertise.
- Collect any necessary documentation from panelists, including CVs, W-9s, and consent forms.
- Maintain a highly-customizable proprietary database to ensure quick and accurate resolutions to client inquiries while fostering the ability to selectively recruit for live research, telephone interviews, and web surveys.
- Maintain accuracy of the Payer Panel data, to the best of your ability, which includes (but is not limited to) employment status, contact information, ratings, and overall feedback.
- Foster and maintain healthy business relationships with panelists to ensure that long-term panel engagement exists.
- Engage in periodic surveys of key decision-makers to understand key market access issues or changes in the payer landscape.
- Based on an understanding of US and international payer markets, identify gaps in the Payer Panel in terms of advisor roles and decision-making responsibilities, key companies, organization types (PBM, MCO, IDN, GPO, hospital, specialty pharmacy, etc.), and channels (Commercial, Medicare, Medicaid, Federal, etc.).
- Recruit new payer experts to fill gaps and improve the quality of the Payer Panel, either through vendor relationships or grown internally through internet research and calling on potential targets
- Actively participates in kick-off meetings, interprets project requirements and assesses feasibility, provides recommendations on recruiting targets, and maintains project information forms.
- Supports research outreach and sample fulfillment needs by managing Insights Specialists and assists in executing payer research projects along with them as needed, based on the volume of project requests.
- Assisting in contacting potential research candidates through personal email, social media, and/or phone calls to request participation or schedule participants for interviews.
- Assists in the honoraria fulfillment process to ensure rewards are processed accurately and on time.
- Ensures panelist issues or problems are resolved in a timely and client-friendly manner.
- Maintains a knowledgebase on sample vendors and project experiences to provide project teams with accurate costs, time estimates and trade-offs for the decision-making process and accurate fulfilment of sample.
- Provide assistance, as needed, for live meetings (ad boards, competitive simulations, focus groups, etc.), including:
- On-site assistance (as requested)
- Coordination of project team and/or participant travel
- Meeting facility coordination
- Ordering of on-site supplies
- Distribution and collection of expense reports for advisor
Policies and Procedures
- Completes any required certifications and follows industry standards (e.g., CASRO), applicable laws (e.g., GDPR, Sunshine Act), and all Syneos Health standards for conducting market research and maintaining the Payer Panel.
- Collects and maintains up to date client Fair Market Value (FMV) honoraria rates, and routinely evaluates and establishes FMV rates across different stakeholder types to use when appropriate in the absence of client provided FMV rates.
- Collects and maintains consent forms for panelists and immediately responds to any opt-out requests and updates the Syneos Health ‘Do Not Call’ list.
- Collaborates with Syneos Health Legal and Compliance teams, the Panel Task Force, and other stakeholders to develop standard operating processes, checklists, best practice guidelines, sample documents, FMV guidance, and consulting training materials to ensure compliance with all applicable market research reporting standards and obligations.
- Collaborate with the Panel Task Force and IT (or third party vendor) on the design, implementation, ongoing improvement, and promotion of the Payer Panel.
- Creates and distributes regular status reports to the Panel Task Force with various performance and tracking metrics including on the panel composition, volume of projects, and timeliness of processing payments.
- Stays current on survey engagement techniques that yield positive participation ratesActively participates in kick-off
Along with demonstrated initiative, uncompromised integrity and a results-oriented mindset, the ideal candidate has:
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree (e.g., MBA) strongly preferred
- Minimum of three years of relevant experience working in market research, recruiting, and panel management
- Knowledge of the US payer, healthcare, and pharmaceutical markets strongly preferred
- Experience supporting multiple staff members, and either leading teams, or directly managing and supervising others
- Strong customer service focus, detail oriented, and able to work in a fast-paced, multi-faceted department
- Fluency in English with strong communication skills in speaking and writing
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint
At Syneos Health, we believe in providing an environment and culture in which our people can thrive, develop and advance. We reward and recognize our people by providing valuable benefits and a quality of life balance.
Tasks, duties, and responsibilities as listed in this job description are not exhaustive. The Company, at its sole discretion and with no prior notice, may assign other tasks, duties, and job responsibilities. Equivalent experience, skills, and/or education will also be considered so qualifications of incumbents may differ from those listed in the Job Description. The Company, at its sole discretion, will determine what constitutes as equivalent to the qualifications described above. Further, nothing contained herein should be construed to create an employment contract. Occasionally, required skills/experiences for jobs are expressed in brief terms. Any language contained herein is intended to fully comply with all obligations imposed by the legislation of each country in which it operates, including the implementation of the EU Equality Directive, in relation to the recruitment and employment of its employees. The Company is committed to compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, including the provision of reasonable accommodations, when appropriate, to assist employees or applicants to perform the essential functions of the job.
Why Syneos Health? Join a game-changing global company that is reinventing the way therapies are developed and commercialized. Here, you’re a part of the big picture. We work hand in hand to guide pre-market development through post-market commercial strategy. Knowledge sharing across advisory groups unlocks the innovation and unique strategies our end-to-end commercialization projects require. Our collaborative mindset means every project is a chance to solve a new challenge, learn from your teammates, become better-rounded, and evolve your career.
WORK HERE MATTERS EVERYWHERE | How will you accelerate biopharmaceutical commercialization?
Syneos Health companies are affirmative action/equal opportunity employers (Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled)