You’re driven, resourceful, and above all else - remarkably smart.
You love a good challenge. You are the first to roll up your sleeves and work with relentless energy until you solve the unsolvable, beat the unbeatable and you always come out on top. Passable doesn’t cut it – you’ve got fire in your belly to learn more, do more and be more. For you, the sweetest success is shared success and you’re known for your good nature. You’ll fit right in at Syneos Health where we surround ourselves with the most talented and agile professionals in the industry, but we check our egos at the door.
The Senior Vice President, Commercial Business Development will lead the Commercial Specialty Business Development teams. The specialty areas include medical affairs, market access, engagement center, and digital & analytics capabilities across the specialty areas. Knowledge of the global biopharma industry landscape and the Syneos Health global footprint is critical to ensure the specialty areas are leveraged for global impact. The Senior Vice President will be proactive, transparent, and innovative in their approach to working with Syneos Health leadership across the Commercial and Clinical Divisions. A team atmosphere will be nurtured that will balance individual success with securing Syneos Health cross business unit awards and revenue at the enterprise level.
- Identify and develop new business relationships through a trusted advisor approach, creating opportunities and securing new business in order to achieve annual new business award, revenue, and margin targets
- Collaborate internally with key BD roles both from Commercial and Clinical to identify efficiencies in working collaboratively, synergies across capabilities, and unique business opportunities consistent with Syneos Health go-to-market efforts
- Identify prospective client needs, identify the strategies, tactics, resources and people required to address the need.
- Review and manage pipeline information and client relationships with competitors to identify potential new business leads, growth opportunities or future competitive trends
- Document all activities in a Syneos Health customer relationships management system for management view and oversight.
- Lead all new business pitch opportunities generated, including identification of cross-BU pitch team and forecasting and managing pitch costs.
- Generate and manage outbound organic and inorganic business development outreach – may also be responsible for managing inbound non-proactive opportunities above and beyond her/his required target key accounts.
- Mentor, train, manage and develop members of the Business Development Team.
- Adhere to company policies and guidelines – HR, Administrative, Operations and Corporate.
Along with demonstrated initiative, uncompromised integrity and a results-oriented mindset, the ideal candidate has:Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree required, MBA preferred
- 10+ years of direct or indirect P&L responsibility including comprehensive knowledge of key BD performance metrics and incentive compensation models
- 15+ years managing senior business development individuals and cross-functional teams at a global level
- 20 +years of broad experience in the healthcare industry in a medical, market access, sales, marketing, commercial operations and/or BD capacity preferred
- 20+ years on the client or service side or 15+ years in a selling capacity selling to pharmaceutical industry medical, market access, sales/marketing or operations decision markers preferred
- Proven track record managing multiple business development strategies and approaches to market
- Experience across the product development continuum, including early regulatory strategies, market conditioning and education, real world evidence strategies, market access and product adoption
- In depth knowledge of the drivers and strategic positioning of key Syneos Health business units such as Consulting, Communications, Field Medical Teams, and Real World Evidence
- Action oriented and results driven - moves quickly and with purpose and has relevant experience in a B2B, consultative sales environment
- Ability to work independently to achieve timelines specific RFPs, customer presentations, and client deliverables however willing to work collaboratively in a team environment in the best interest of the customer.
- High level of honesty and integrity with a strong work ethic and proactive thought leadership
- Ability to maintain energy and entrepreneurial approach/thinking
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, agile environment
- Excited and passionate about the company story/mission/values
- Commitment to work collaboratively and cross functionally
- Proven ability to deliver and thrive within ambiguity
- Superior influencing and negotiating skills
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written, facilitation and presentation techniques
- Ability to create content and presentations that build their brand and market acceptance
- Strong organizational and planning skills with a focus on key priorities
- Proven track record to learn and develop professionally
- Willingness to travel
- The drive for self-development, the ability to collaborate, and an action-oriented work ethic
At Syneos Health, we believe in providing an environment and culture in which our people can thrive, develop and advance. We reward and recognize our people by providing valuable benefits and a quality of life balance.
Why Syneos Health? Join a game-changing global company that is reinventing the way therapies are developed and commercialized. Here, you’re essential in solving and executing against today’s toughest commercialization challenges facing the world’s leading healthcare companies. From the very beginning, you’ll be supported by team members who, like you, aren’t afraid to try something new. You'll gain exposure and work in a dynamic environment to create better, smarter, faster ways to get biopharmaceutical therapies to patients.
WORK HERE MATTERS EVERYWHERE | How will you accelerate biopharmaceutical commercialization?
Syneos Health companies are affirmative action/equal opportunity employers (Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled)