Updated: January 13, 2021
Location: London, ENG, United Kingdom
Job ID: 129769
You’re driven, resourceful, and above all else - remarkably smart.
You love a good challenge. You are the first to roll up your sleeves and work with relentless energy until you solve the unsolvable, beat the unbeatable and you always come out on top. Passable doesn’t cut it – you’ve got fire in your belly to learn more, do more and be more. For you, the sweetest success is shared success and you’re known for your good nature. You’ll fit right in at Syneos Health where we surround ourselves with the most talented and agile professionals in the industry, but we check our egos at the door.
You’ll join The R&D Advisory Group within Syneos Health Consulting. Where you will help make Life Science R&D organizations and operations more efficient and effective across research, clinical, regulatory, quality and pharmacovigilance. In particular you will help organizations in times of change whether that is driven by a change in operating model, strategy, processes, technology or combinations of these. More specifically:
• Builds positive working relationships with clients, consulting staff, managers, leadership, and internal support teams.
• Has demonstrated the ability to achieve billable utilization targets in service to client engagements.
• Has the following demonstrated Domain Skills:
o Project Management – Strong PM skills through demonstrated planning and proactive management of individual project responsibilities and workload to ensure objectives, milestones, and timelines are met efficiently and effectively. Demonstrated ability to develop and manage risks and issues mitigation processes, demonstrated ability to develop project and work stream charters and the
demonstrated ability to lead people and teams from globally remote locations. Finally, must be able to quickly adapt to changing priorities to achieve goals and targets.
o Change Management: Strong Change and Agile Change Management skills. Demonstrated ability to develop a change strategy, plan and articulate the case and value of change and change management to project teams and clients. Proven ability to develop change deliverables and define and lead change activities across change management, communications, and training activities. Demonstrated ability to define change workstreams and properly resource the activities to drive necessary effects of the change throughout the impacted stakeholders.
o General C onsultancy: Demonstrated ability to develop and deliver high-quality deliverable content on client engagement that require light review and no necessary rework. Ability to structure templates and storyboards that are fit for purpose. Able to clearly articulate the value of any given deliverable and the value of the work being performed to the team and to the client. Able to plan, conduct and summarize client interactions, both 1:1 and for teams. Able to identify, substantiate, summarize and present options and recommendations for issues requiring mitigation.
• Understands project roles and responsibilities and the impact on the broader client contract and statement of work. Exhibits exceptional attention to detail. Able to articulate clearly the value of the work to the client and the Syneos Health Consulting team. Supports project management/leadership by being responsible for the creation of project deliverables and the day-to-day management of client relationships .
• Supports business development activities in identifying client challenges and opportunities, participating in the development of content for client proposals and for bringing relevant subject matter expertise.
• Actively participates in personal development through company-sponsored events, training and professional development opportunities, meetings, and other practice initiatives.
• Actively participates in continuous improvement of the of the R&D Advisory operating processes, intellectual capital and service lines capabilities and offerings; participates on teams to develop enhancements to R&D Advisory and begins to take on leadership roles on these initiatives.
Along with demonstrated initiative, uncompromised integrity and a results-oriented mindset, the ideal candidate has:
• Bachelor’s degree required; Graduate degree in business or life sciences (highly preferred)
• Substantial work experience, preferably in the R&D consulting, pharma or biotech industries
• Must possess strong business acumen, analytical skills and the ability to think critically and creatively on engagements
• Experience in Life Sciences R&D processes, ideally from an operational perspective and with a solid understanding of the end-to-end pharma/biotech value chain. Deeper subject matter expertise in a particularly relevant R&D discipline an advantage
• Experience participating in and driving major change programs an advantage
• Strong presentation, meeting facilitation, and communication (verbal and written) skills required.
• The drive for self-development, the ability to collaborate, and an action-oriented work either
• The drive for the delivery of client value and value creation for the ultimate customer
• Willing to travel 15-25% of the duration of an engagement.
At Syneos Health, we believe in providing an environment and culture in which our people can thrive, develop and advance. We reward and recognize our people by providing valuable benefits and a quality of life balance.
Why Syneos Health? Join a game-changing global company that is reinventing the way therapies are developed and commercialized. Here, you’re a part of the big picture. We work hand in hand to guide pre-market development through post-market commercial strategy. Knowledge sharing across advisory groups unlocks the innovation and unique strategies our end-to-end commercialization projects require. Our collaborative mindset means every project is a chance to solve a new challenge, learn from your teammates, become better-rounded, and evolve your career.
WORK HERE MATTERS EVERYWHERE | How will you accelerate biopharmaceutical commercialization?
Syneos Health companies are affirmative action/equal opportunity employers (Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled)
Discover what our 24,000 employees already know: work here matters everywhere. We work hard, and smart, all in the name of getting much-needed therapies to those who need them most. A career with Syneos Health means your everyday work improves patients’ lives around the world. Selecting us as an employer secures a career in which you’re guaranteed to: