You’ll join The Commercial Advisory Group within Syneos Health Consulting. You will help clients maximize the commercial value of their assets, portfolio, and organization while building excellence in the commercial organization. You will also help companies market and sell more effectively in an environment increasingly dominated by third-party payers.
More specifically: A Senior Consultant is a leader on consulting projects and is responsible for conducting both secondary (i.e., analytically and scientifically based) and primary (i.e., physicians, payers, and patients) market research and creating high-quality project materials. Expectations include the ability to structure and complete individual project tasks on time, develop action-oriented, data-driven solutions, and communicate proactively and effectively with team members and project management/leadership.
- Achieves billable utilization targets in service to client engagements.
- High level of customer engagement, is skilled at asking the right questions to garner the information needed to provide an exceptional level of service.
- Demonstrates strong learning agility – can quickly review and absorb new scientific and pharmaceutical product information – initiative and ability to dig deeper/ research where needed to fill gaps and spin up quickly on new products.
- Continuously develop yourself as a Market Access Consultant – demonstrate professional curiosity and the desire to learn and do more.
- Deliver project management through the proactive management of individual project responsibilities and workload to ensure objectives, milestones, and timelines are met.
- Supports Primary and Secondary Market research – including development of primary interviews, note taking and collection and dissemination of market information.
- Takes the initiative to efficiently complete necessary work with limited guidance
- Exercises strategic thinking and problem solving to provide answers to customer market access questions, posing the right questions to leadership and project managers – comes ready with a solution to the problem.
- Exhibits exceptional attention to detail.
- Efficiently produces appealing presentations (PowerPoint) and “story board” for customer consumption, guidance and influence.
- Demonstrates a strategic and systematic decision-making approach to communicating data through text, graphics, images, and/or other communication choices.
- Serves as a content knowledge expert on data, findings, and recommendations outlined in meeting materials and client deliverables
- Prepares for and attends customer engagement meetings with project leadership. – may take meeting minutes and provide project management support and communication – tracking timelines, deliverables and changes. Maintains project document control.
- Demonstrates Syneos Health core values in action and words:
- Challenge the status quo, collaborate to deliver solutions, and passionate to change lives.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Graduate degree in business or life sciences (highly preferred)
- Significant work experience, in pharma or biotech consulting
- Value and market access experience a plus
- Must possess strong analytical skills and the ability to think critically and creatively on engagements
- Initiative - ability to develop relevant client deliverables autonomously required
- Experience in research and data analysis (e.g., organization of sources, data processing, analysis, and quality checking accuracy for pre-defined problems)
- Strong presentation and meeting facilitation skills required
- Effective and professional communication skills (verbal, interpersonal, and written) required
- Exceptional collaboration skills and the ability to work in cross-functional teams
- Excellent time-management, multi-tasking, and problem solving skills
- Advanced proficiency with PowerPoint and Excel required