Updated: November 15, 2020
Location: New York, NY, United States
Job ID: 127777
Can you reach people with just a few words?
You express all of your ideas effortlessly, and have the skills to distill other people's ideas into their best possible form. Your messaging is not only clear and concise, but your medical expertise allows you to convey high-level scientific knowledge in meaningful and comprehensible communications. Does this sound like you? A Medical Writer role with Managed Markets Communications may be the perfect place for you.
The Medical Writer is a key component of each brand team, discovering and distilling medical information and data relevant to assigned products and therapeutic categories. The Medical Writer also supports the brand copy team in developing compelling messages and promotional materials. As such, the Medical Writer is the agency expert in assigned categories and serves as a client consultant in interpreting medical data, determining threats, and developing opportunities for assigned products.
Managed Markets Communications fuses the Culture experience of seasoned managed markets/market access professionals with the power of full-scale advertising agency capabilities. It’s a seamless marriage of insight and talent that gives our client a significant competitive advantage. We deliver a confident, finely tuned understanding of managed markets/market access and key stakeholders. We offer the knowledge, skills and insights to foster a true partnership via meaningful collaboration, nuanced problem-solving and focused, results-driven goals.
• BS/master’s/PhD degree with coursework emphasis in a science.
• Without PhD degree, 10+ years of professional scientific writing experience.
• Pharmaceutical advertising experience a plus.
• Demonstrated ability to produce a variety of clinical and promotional materials.
• Oncology and/or autoimmune disease experience preferred.
• Research focus with an acute attention to detail.
• Demonstrated ability to distill complex data into comprehensible messages.
Note: Willing to consider remote location
• Solid understanding of the science and market dynamics of
• Thorough understanding of editing and regulatory processes and requirements.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Efficiency in handling multiple assignments at one time.
• Exceptional computer skills. Knowledge of PC operating platform a must.
• Knowledge of Macintosh a plus.
Thorough knowledge of the following software applications is required:
Microsoft Word and PowerPoint and Adobe Acrobat.
Demonstrated ability to:
• Communicate thorough knowledge of assigned product(s) and marketplace.
• Present work and work of the team to clients.
• Effectively fact-check, reference, and annotate work.
• Appropriately manage challenging situations, both internally and with clients.
• Command respect of Copywriters and assist them in optimizing the scientific value and marketing impact of their work.
Managed Markets Communications has a pervasive entrepreneurial, hardworking and fun atmosphere. We value team members who are smart, kind and fun to be around. We truly care about one another and strive to promote from within. We create growth opportunities that allow employees to pursue interests and expand their careers. In order to maintain Managed Markets Communications’ commitment to growth, happiness and long-term reward, we focus on hiring the right people with the right talent, which has contributed to our success.
Managed Markets Communications is the only healthcare communications network that is part of a company on the frontlines of healthcare, with a clear view into the everyday complexities of life and health. As part of Syneos Health™, our agencies — consisting of leading brands and experts in advertising, branding, public relations, managed markets and medical communications — are engaged in every point of influence in health, providing real-world insight into markets and audiences in ways that no other partner could.
WORK HEREMATTERS EVERYWHERE | How will you accelerate bringing new therapies to patients?
Discover what our 24,000 employees already know: work here matters everywhere. We work hard, and smart, all in the name of getting much-needed therapies to those who need them most. A career with Syneos Health means your everyday work improves patients’ lives around the world. Selecting us as an employer secures a career in which you’re guaranteed to: