Updated: January 19, 2021
Location: Nationwide, Austria
Job ID: 127852
Researched and relatable, science-driven and social, you’re an extroverted expert.
If there’s one thing your preparation in earning your advanced degree has taught you, it’s how to evolve your expertise rapidly and stay at the forefront of your field. Forging new relationships and establishing rapport with thought leaders comes naturally to you and you like being around people. Poised and articulate, you are a listener, an educator and a gifted cultivator of new and exciting opportunities grounded in the science. You’ve got what it takes to be a Medical Science Liaison with Syneos Health.
You will confer with internal stakeholders and build new collaborative relationships with medical and scientific leaders, policy-makers and advocates. You’ll contribute cutting-edge clinical and scientific data to help move healthcare forward and positively impact patients.
• Identify, develop, and maintain long-term collaborative relationships with specified Key Opinion Leaders and assigned institutions to provide scientific support for existing products and pipeline agents upon request or in fulfilment of an approved Medical Affairs initiative.
• Serve as a primary liaison for clinical and scientific information exchange with KOLs and health care providers in assigned HIV/AIDS patient care institutions/facilities. Serve as a primary liaison for connecting KOLs and their affiliate institutions with appropriate Medical Affairs initiatives that forward the scientific progress of our brands.
• Provide scientific and liaison support for the involvement of KOLs in advisory, educational, and research partnership opportunities with the client. Support KOL involvement in research activities including Company-Sponsored Trials and responses to unsolicited requests for interactions related to Investigator Sponsored Trials (ISTs). Assume a primary role for the facilitation of IST projects.
• Develop and execute Field Medical Affairs plans at the assigned territory level in full alignment with Medical Affairs strategies and tactics. Respond to documented unsolicited requests for medical/scientific information on company products and pipeline products including unsolicited requests for off-label medical information as per the company’s policies and procedures.
• Serve as a disease state resource to KOLs, academic institutions and community HIV/AIDS practices, advocacy groups, and others as needed.
Along with demonstrated initiative, resourcefulness and a results-oriented mindset, the ideal candidate has:
• MSL experience in HIV/AIDS and/or infectious disease with demonstrated knowledge of the HIV/AIDS clinical environment (preferred).
• Advanced degree (MD, PhD, PharmD) in a related discipline strongly preferred.
• Strong knowledge of the pharma/biotech industry.
• Clear understanding of MSL roles and responsibilities, and Medical Affairs activities including publication planning, medical information, and advisory boards.
• Demonstrated strong understanding of clinical research trial design.
• Excellent interpersonal communication and relationship-building skills.
• Ability to travel 60% - 75%
At Syneos Health, we believe in providing an environment and culture in which our people can thrive, develop and advance. We reward and recognise our people by providing valuable benefits and a quality of life balance.
For this position we are offering a salary range of €75000 to €83000 in addition to 25 days’ holiday entitlement.
Why Syneos Health? Join a game-changing global company that is reinventing the way therapies are developed and commercialised. Here, each day brings an opportunity to take ownership of a new challenge. Teaming with some of the most talented clinicians in the industry, you'll improve patient outcomes and work in a dynamic environment to create better, smarter, faster ways to get biopharmaceutical therapies to patients. By joining Syneos Health, you’ll be connected to our multitude of career paths and pipeline of employment opportunities.
WORK HERE MATTERS EVERYWHERE | How will you accelerate improving patient outcomes?
Syneos Health is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer (Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled)
Discover what our 24,000 employees already know: work here matters everywhere. We work hard, and smart, all in the name of getting much-needed therapies to those who need them most. A career with Syneos Health means your everyday work improves patients’ lives around the world. Selecting us as an employer secures a career in which you’re guaranteed to: