GSW New York is hiring a Freelance Art Director.
“Do you speak people?”
It’s a language many healthcare companies have forgotten - a simple clear way to communicate great ideas that break through because everyone can understand it. No Jargon. No lingo. No catch phrase of the day. We are GSW and speaking people is at the core of everything we do. We are a healthcare advertising agency that thinks just a bit differently, works just a bit closer and dives just a bit deeper. And because we talk to each other like people, instead of a corporate machine, we come up with great ideas that talk to clients and customers on the most effective level of all – the human level.
Speaking people isn’t easy. But if you can do it, we need to talk.
Responsibilities (Duties may include, but not limited to all or some of the following)
· Brand “owner” at the Art Director level
· Partners with copywriters on brand and concept development
· Demonstrates ownership of assigned brand by continually coming up with new ideas proactively
· Collaborates with creative, account services, production, and extended team members
· Provides mentorship, guidance, and support to other artists within the group
· Acts as a hands-on art director
· Presents and sells ideas internally and to clients
· Manages creative process, work flow, workload, and resources among the art group
· Provides art direction to and empowers Studio Designers, photographers, illustrators, and other external collaborators, such as broadcast producers and directors
· Keeps up to date with trends in branding, marketing, advertising, and related communications industries
· Keeps up to date with trends within the industries specific to assigned accounts
· Is knowledgeable about products and services specific to assigned accounts
· Owns brand art “revisions” and is responsible for partnering with Studio Production Designer for overflow periods (i.e. launch)
· Oversees, implements and is keeper of visual brand mandatories and consistencies
Job Requirements 3+yrs Advertising experience required Healthcare Advertising experience nice to have · Proficiency in all adobe suite programs · Conceptual Creativity: Ability to think in abstract terms; can make connections between unrelated notions; can formulate innovative ideas where others can not; seen as original and value-added in brainstorming sessions · Providing Direction: Can establish clear directions based on objectives; distributes the workload appropriately based on skill sets and talents; communicates well with others on the progress of work and results · Industry Application: Picks up on technical things quickly; is good at learning new industry, company, product, and/or technical knowledge developments of the client's business as well as the agency business; has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment