You’re driven, resourceful, and above all else - remarkably smart.
You love a good challenge. You are the first to roll up your sleeves and work with relentless energy until you solve the unsolvable, beat the unbeatable and you always come out on top. Passable doesn’t cut it – you’ve got fire in your belly to learn more, do more and be more. For you, the sweetest success is shared success and you’re known for your good nature. You’ll fit right in at Syneos Health where we surround ourselves with the most talented and agile professionals in the industry, but we check our egos at the door.
You’ll join The Commercial Advisory Group within Syneos Health Consulting. You will help clients maximize the commercial value of their assets, portfolio, and organization while building excellence in the commercial organization. You will also help companies market and sell more effectively in an environment increasingly dominated by third-party payers. More specifically:
An Associate Consultant is an individual contributor on consulting projects and is primarily responsible for conducting secondary (i.e., analytically and scientifically based) research and working closely with project management in the creation of high-quality project materials and client deliverables. Expectations include the ability to structure and complete individual project tasks on time, with minimal direction, and to communicate proactively and effectively with team members and project management.
- Establishes a clear understanding of key project questions, overall timelines, and how her/his contributions relate to key deliverables in the client contract.
- Prepares for and attends client meetings and presentations. Takes primary responsibility for taking notes, writing up meeting minutes, summarizing next steps and action items, scheduling follow-up meetings, and communicating post-meeting, as appropriate.
- Creates high-quality PowerPoint slides and Excel spreadsheets with direction. Exhibits an attention to detail and an understanding of style guidelines. Delivers on-time and communicates proactively when timing is at risk.
- Addresses deliverable feedback quickly and quality checks revisions.
- Demonstrates technical skill according to the demands of projects, and uses skill to create value on projects with direction, including research and data analysis, problem solving, critical thinking, and strategic communication of findings.
- Frames and executes research and data analysis objectives (e.g., identification of relevant sources, data processing, analysis, and quality checking accuracy).
- Displays comfort and competence in creating and documenting project activities, including meeting minutes, status reports, and other client communications and project administration.
- Maintains document version control and style guidelines. Ensures proper document retention policies are followed. Supports project closure activities, including document redaction and archival.
- Approaches project ambiguity, client changes, delays/expedites, and/or unexpected data findings with maturity and professionalism. Maintains regular communication with project management and leadership.
- Gains experience in a variety of project types, client engagements, therapeutic areas, and Advisory Groups.
Along with demonstrated initiative, uncompromised integrity and a results-oriented mindset, the ideal candidate has:
- Bachelor’s degree required; Graduate degree in business or life sciences (highly preferred)
- Must possess strong analytical skills and the ability to think critically and creatively on engagements
- Understanding of consulting and biopharmaceutical industries required
- Demonstrated attention to detail required
- Experience in research and data analysis (e.g., organization of sources, data processing, analysis, and quality checking accuracy for pre-defined problems)
- Strong presentation skills required
- Effective and professional communication skills (verbal, interpersonal, and written) required
- Exceptional collaboration skills and the ability to work in cross-functional teams
- Excellent time-management skills
- Proficiency with PowerPoint and Excel required
- Ability to travel preferred
At Syneos Health, we believe in providing an environment and culture in which our people can thrive, develop and advance. We reward and recognize our people by providing valuable benefits and a quality of life balance.
Why Syneos Health? Join a game-changing global company that is reinventing the way therapies are developed and commercialized. Here, you’re a part of the big picture. We work hand in hand to guide pre-market development through post-market commercial strategy. Knowledge sharing across advisory groups unlocks the innovation and unique strategies our end-to-end commercialization projects require. Our collaborative mindset means every project is a chance to solve a new challenge, learn from your teammates, become better-rounded, and evolve your career.
WORK HERE MATTERS EVERYWHERE | How will you accelerate biopharmaceutical commercialization?
Syneos Health companies are affirmative action/equal opportunity employers (Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled)