Project managers are the glue that helps keep projects — and people — together. They are responsible for planning, organizing, managing and executing projects from beginning to end, ensuring they are completed effectively on time and on budget.
(Duties may include, but not limited to all or some of the following)
- Driver of internal agency process; ensuring team adheres to process guidelines, and problem solving issues. Keeping teams committed, motivated, and productive through the duration of the project.
- Partners with Project Planners to fully understand, and execute to established estimates & timelines
- Responsible for partnering with the Creative Operations Manager and Studio teams in assigning Creative team members to projects. This includes understanding job responsibilities for each Creative team member, and knowledge of project volume/workload of each Creative team member
- Writes tasks providing clear direction on deliverables. Partners with the Associate Creative Director and Project Planners to flag any concerns on directive, and to resolve logistics.
- Accurately captures next steps, client deliverable, etc. through conference reports or meeting recaps and distributes to appropriate team members
- Play a central role in risk analysis. The PM must be adept at identifying potential roadblocks related to budgets, resources and timelines. Leading discussions on issue resolutions and reporting these potential issues to leadership, when necessary.
- Ensures that Client Management is communicating with Creative during client conversations and in preliminary discussions involving project ideas & direction and vice versa. Acts as the “glue” in project development.
- Ensures that project directive & documentation have taken place to appropriate team members. This includes pro-actively communicating to other team members who are affected by the directive.
- Has a thorough understanding & knowledge of what it takes creatively to develop projects (project steps, creative responsibilities & skills). Utilizes this knowledge in helping staff for projects, tracking projects, problem solving, etc.
- Creates/distributes team Status Sheets and updates, and pulls together key project groups as necessary
- Ensure that all pieces are properly routed and reviewed by team members with the help of Project Coordinators.
- Other duties as needed to meet the needs of the team.
- BS or BA (or relevant experience)
- 3+ years previous in advertising/marketing project management
- Project Management: Good at establishing clear directions; effective communicator; problem-solver; adaptable communication style; organized; understands job responsibilities of others and functions appropriately
- Technical Expertise: MS Office Suite; Experience with Project Management software (nice to have)