“Do you speak people?”
It’s a language many healthcare companies have forgotten - a simple clear way to communicate great ideas that break through because everyone can understand it. No Jargon. No lingo. No catch phrase of the day. We are GSW and speaking people is at the core of everything we do. We are a healthcare advertising agency that thinks just a bit differently, works just a bit closer and dives just a bit deeper. And because we talk to each other like people, instead of a corporate machine, we come up with great ideas that talk to clients and customers on the most effective level of all - the human level.
Speaking people isn’t easy. But if you can do it, we need to talk.
The Account Director will serve as an embedded extension of the client’s team and contributes to the development of brand strategy and execution. Works independently provide tactical and strategic oversight of assigned projects, manages relationships and work with agency partners, collaborates with cross-functional client teams and actively contributes to strategic planning.
- Operates as an extension of brand team in a product manager role & conduit to cross-functional team
- Develop strong cross-functional client relationships (product managers, product directors, & group product directors)
- Owns relationship with partner agencies and provides clear direction for execution in collaboration w/ cross-functional partners
- Collaborates with client MLR teams and manages assigned projects through the process with deep understanding of the client’s MLR standards & compliance guidelines
- Supports and contributes in annual & ongoing strategic and tactical planning
- Actively identifies opportunities for continued innovation and marketing excellence
- Assists in working with brand leads to initiate contracting and SOW development and ensures alignment with approved budgets and appropriate cross-functional teams; including obtaining necessary approvals and ensuring accurate invoicing
- Partners with brand to manage and lead the team in all aspects of project development; ensures delivery of breakthrough ideas/work consistent with brand and client standards (i.e., excellent creative, on target strategically, on time, and on budget).
- Helps facilitate a strong, cohesive team that is focused on priorities, knowledgeable about client products and services; identifies and assists in resolving conflict; celebrates brand/team success.
- Maintains excellent team communication and encourages feedback to maximize impact of assigned projects
- Identifies and understands client’s challenges as well as tactical needs; properly interprets client feedback; keeps management apprised of critical concerns and opportunities.
- Represents and defends the agency/brand point of view; handles objections/appropriately pushes back; challenges strategies and directions not aligned with the brand positioning.
- Helps new client team members acclimate to marketing and branding principles and the implementation processes.
- Attends all appropriate client meetings, market research, conventions, and provides follow-up documentation of key learnings.
- Stays current with industry news and competitive environment & continuously seeks to expand knowledge in other functional areas (ie; Payer & Market Access)
- Minimum 5 years of relevant client experience in marketing or other related disciplines; or
- Minimum 5 years of relevant agency experience; or
- Strong knowledge of general pharmaceutical marketing and sales, as well as disease state and product science, therapeutic market, and competition
- Must have pharma experience
Syneos Health companies are affirmative action/equal opportunity employers (Minorities/Females/Vets/Disabled)