Updated: July 28, 2020
Location: New York, NY, United States
Job ID: 126614
Our Managed Markets team at Syneos Health is seeking a full-time Medical Writer.
The Medical Writer is a key component of each brand team, discovering and distilling medical information and data relevant to assigned products and therapeutic categories. The Medical Writer also supports the brand copy team in developing compelling messages and promotional materials. As such, the Medical Writer is the agency expert in assigned categories and serves as a client consultant in interpreting medical data, determining threats, and developing opportunities for assigned products.
• BS/master’s/PhD degree with coursework emphasis in a science.
• Without PhD degree, 10+ years of professional scientific writing experience.
• Pharmaceutical advertising experience a plus.
• Demonstrated ability to produce a variety of clinical and promotional materials.
• Oncology and/or autoimmune disease experience preferred.
• Research focus with an acute attention to detail.
• Demonstrated ability to distill complex data into comprehensible messages.
Note: Willing to consider remote location
• Solid understanding of the science and market dynamics of assigned brands.
• Thorough understanding of editing and regulatory processes and requirements.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Efficiency in handling multiple assignments at one time.
• Exceptional computer skills. Knowledge of PC operating platform a must.
• Knowledge of Macintosh a plus.
Thorough knowledge of the following software applications is required:
Microsoft Word and PowerPoint and Adobe Acrobat.
Demonstrated ability to:
• Communicate thorough knowledge of assigned product(s) and marketplace.
• Present work and work of the team to clients.
• Effectively fact-check, reference, and annotate work.
• Appropriately manage challenging situations, both internallyand with clients.
• Command respect of Copywriters and assist them in optimizingthe scientific value and marketing impact of their work.
Syneos Health companies are affirmative action/equal opportunity employers (Minorities/Females/Vets/Disabled)
Discover what our 24,000 employees already know: work here matters everywhere. We work hard, and smart, all in the name of getting much-needed therapies to those who need them most. A career with Syneos Health means your everyday work improves patients’ lives around the world. Selecting us as an employer secures a career in which you’re guaranteed to: