You’re driven, resourceful, and above all else - remarkably smart.
You love a good challenge. You are the first to roll up your sleeves and work with relentless energy until you solve the unsolvable, beat the unbeatable and you always come out on top. Passable doesn’t cut it – you’ve got fire in your belly to learn more, do more and be more. For you, the sweetest success is shared success and you’re known for your good nature. You’ll fit right in at Syneos Health where we surround ourselves with the most talented and agile professionals in the industry, but we check our egos at the door.
This opportunity is with Syneos Health Consulting, an industry-leading consulting firm specializing in the biopharmaceutical industry providing services across a comprehensive range of key Practice Areas including commercial strategy and planning, medical affairs, risk and program management and pricing and market access. You’ll join a team with industry focus, depth of functional expertise, and strong scientific and market knowledge that is uniquely positioned to tackle highly complex business and market challenges to develop achievable strategies for our clients. High-level details in one sentence about the role.
- Providing statistical methodology support in the delivery of standard and custom HEOR projects
- Working as part of a team in preparing study protocols, statistical analysis plans and statistical reports
- Working collaboratively with other HEOR professionals and with the client to design, develop and deliver consulting projects with a large statistical component
- Performing validation of statistical analysis and programs
- Applying statistical design and methodology to meet client information needs, conducting statistical analyses to derive conclusions from the study and preparing written summaries of study results
- Participating in development of templates, programs to support statistical needs of the team, including macro programs in SAS/R for standards statistical methods and standard/advanced visuals, Excel templates for main statistical calculation
- Preparing high-quality PowerPoint reports, manuscripts, posters and presentations
- Provide guidance, coaching, mentoring of more junior HEOR members of the team.
- Assisting in the design/development of economic models in collaboration with clients and clinical experts
- Responsible for editing, quality assurance, and formatting
- Managing interactions with clients to understand their expectations and to receive their feedbac
- Reviews and analyzes client requirements or problems and assists in the development of proposals.
- Dealing with client projects and deadlines and working effectively to create solutions for the client.
- Provides and manages communication with client and follows up with client after project deliverable has been completed to ensure client satisfaction.
- Proactively develops broader and deeper knowledge of related consulting methodologies and pharmaceutical market through on the job experience and participation in training opportunities.
- Assisting in the conduct of (systematic) literature reviews in collaboration with other team members
- Educated as a minimum to Degree level with extensive experience in Statistics, Mathematics, Epidemiology or related field;
- Experience of working in health economics/outcomes research/health services research
- Demonstrated competence in project management with proven time management and personal organizational skills. Previous management/leadership experience is appreciated
- Numerate and excellent quantitative skills (standard statistical methods, advanced survival analyses, regression analysis…)
- Ability to interpret and summaries epidemiological and statistical reports
- Strong understanding of outcomes research and/or economic theory with significant applied experience;
- Participated to or managed retrospective studies using large patient-level claim or EMR databases
- Advanced knowledge of statistical software (required): SAS or R programming languages in both PC and mainframe environments. Good knowledge of Python is a plus
- Proficiency with PowerPoint and Excel required, Good knowledge of VBA in Excel
- Strong presentation skills required
- Ability to write reports and manuscripts in clear, concise language as required by type of work;
- High level of literacy – Ability to appraise evidence critically and creatively and to synthetize complex information
- Effective and professional communication skills in English (verbal, interpersonal, and written) required
- Exceptional collaboration skills and the ability to work in cross-functional teams
- Ability to work on several projects in parallel, juggling priorities, resources to tight deadlines
- Demonstrated attention to details required
- Pragmatic, with a logical problem solving approach to projects,
- Ability to travel preferred