Overview You’re driven, resourceful, and above all else - remarkably smart. You love a good challenge. You are the first to roll up your sleeves and work with relentless energy until you solve the unsolvable, beat the unbeatable and you always come out on top. Passable doesn’t cut it – you’ve got fire in your belly to learn more, do more and be more. For you, the sweetest success is shared success and you’re known for your good nature. You’ll fit right in at Syneos Health where we surround ourselves with the most talented and agile professionals in the industry, but we check our egos at the door.
The Engagement Center Manager is responsible for developing and leading Engagement Center staff through call center based initiatives. The role serves as a champion for maximum productivity and quality control for all customers, and products provided. This individual will:
Key Job Responsibilities: (Duties may include, but not limited to all or some of the following):
- Partner with their peers and the leaders across the work streams to drive the development of consistent tools, processes, analyses and reporting to enhance the Engagement Center department.
- Possess a business owner mindset and demonstrate the ability to strategically assess the teams business for market potential and growth opportunities within each account/target.
- Be responsible for the team’s efforts and results in supporting the outside sales team and partners, and renewing maintenance with end customers.
- Demonstrate proficiency in navigating complex accounts, cold calling, web-based demos, virtual selling, team training and management.
- Be experienced in successfully managing a team to ensure the team’s success.
- Be evaluated based on quota performance as well as your team’s overall performance.
- Be responsible for partnering closely with Client and client internal services, National Program Managers/National Business Directors and other departments within Syneos Health to design programs/training and implement strategies to advance patient and provider service, business objectives and the engagement of our employees.
- Supervises call volume activities to ensure maximum efficiency. Provides guidance and direction to staff, covering all aspects of customer service standards/procedures, ensures adherence to policies and procedures and initiates programs to enhance productivity and customer care
- Maintains contact with client and other departments as a customer service liaison and troubleshooter to resolve complex customer service problems
- Develops reports used in monitoring compliance with policies and procedures. Keeps management informed of individual performance, team productivity
- Prepares ad hoc analysis to determine customer service performance
- Takes an active role in projects intended to improve delivery of customer service, company procedures, etc.
- Evaluates and trains current and new ISRs on customer service skills and problem solving with patients and HCPs
- Ability to train and assist new ISRs in program, equipment and system use (Salesforce.com, Telecommunications system etc.)
- Leads ISRs in participation of necessary certifications, such as compliance, HIPPA, Safe HarborActively participates in the interview and hiring process for new ISRs
- Responsible to assure that SLAs are maintained per contract
- Keeps abreast of the regulation, requirement and changes to factors that affect the processing of patient and HCP requests, and communicates those changes to staff
- Respond to customer inquiries via phone, chat, and e-mail
- Manage the daily activities of the Inside Sales team including monitoring daily call objectives, improving sales presentation and ensuring customer satisfaction
- Analyze operational data to identify areas of improvement for the ISRs and identify team trends and patterns to drive results
- Effectively coach members of the inside sales team on the execution of marketing strategy, effective use of marketing tools and attend to performance management issues quickly and effectively
- Hold regular sales meetings focused on sales progress, sales opportunities and growth, competitive issues and ongoing training
- Motivate the Inside Sales team to achieve individual and Team goals
- Communicate local market opportunity to senior management and identifying new business opportunities/channel partnerships
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 3+ years pharma/B2B sales experience
- 2+ years of supervisory/management experience
- Excellent communication (written/verbal), listening and interpersonal skills
- Enthusiastic and self-starting approach
- Strong accountability, leadership and organizational skills with the ability to lead and motivate a team to meet expectations and achieve goals
- Superior coaching skills and passion for helping the inside sales representatives improve
- Facilitate new processes, tools, trainings and cross-trainings of ISRs
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to analyze information and target trends
- Continually seeks ways to provide better customer service
- Effective time management skills
- Ability to work within a team environment and maintain a positive attitude
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain customer, partner and internal staff relationships while motivating cross-functional teams to achieve success and assigned goals
- A proven track record of sales and/or business process sales, preferably within the pharmaceutical sales domain
- Operational excellence in managing leads, creating opportunities and sales development activities that drive program success
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, CRM and other sales and marketing automation tools
- Vaccine experience
- Bi-lingual [French Canadian]
- Experience within a Pharmaceutical/Medical Call Center environment
- Knowledge of call center operations, Data Centers, software, and processes along with internal computer/operating systems, and the operational day to day management of them
At Syneos Health, we believe in providing an environment and culture in which our people can thrive, develop and advance. We reward and recognize our people by providing valuable benefits and a quality of life balance.
Why Syneos Health? Join a game-changing global company that is reinventing the way therapies are developed and commercialized. Here, you’re essential in solving and executing against today’s toughest commercialization challenges facing the world’s leading healthcare companies. From the very beginning, you’ll be supported by team members who, like you, aren’t afraid to try something new. You'll gain exposure and work in a dynamic environment to create better, smarter, faster ways to get biopharmaceutical therapies to patients.
WORK HERE MATTERS EVERYWHERE | How will you accelerate biopharmaceutical commercialization?
Syneos Health companies are affirmative action/equal opportunity employers (Minorities/Females/Vets/Disabled)