Overview You’re an expert facilitator: you open doors, foster communication and bridge the gap.
Connecting people with the information they need is your forte. You’re a unifier by nature and you’re at your best when setting others up for success. Your ability to clear the way, extrapolate intricate details, attend to complex situations and serve as a trusted go-between make you a perfect fit for a Field Access Specialist role at Syneos Health. Why Syneos Health?
Join a game-changing global company that is reinventing the way therapies are developed and commercialized. Created through the merger of two industry leading companies - INC Research and inVentiv Health - we bring together more than 23,000 clinical and commercial minds to create better, smarter, faster ways to get biopharmaceutical therapies to patients. Teaming with some of the most talented professionals in the industry, you'll gain exposure and work in a dynamic environment where you'll be supported with comprehensive resources including emerging technologies, data, science and knowledge sharing. Grow your career with a global company committed to shortening the distance from lab to life.
Syneos Health has launched more than 120 sales teams in the last 5 years across all major Therapeutic Areas – more than the top 25 pharma companies combined. We offer you more than just one job. The diversification and breadth of Syneos Health creates a multitude of career paths and employment opportunities. Our client roster consists of more than 550 organizations including all 50 of the largest global biopharmaceutical companies.
FRMs manage daily activities that support appropriate patient Reimbursement to the companies products in the provider offices and work as a liaison to other patient assistance and Reimbursement support services offered. Activities include, but are not limited to:
- Act as an extension of the client company provide live one-on-one coverage support.
- Offer assistance from physician prescribing to reimbursement, supporting the entire Reimbursement journey through payer prior authorization to appeals/denials requirements procedures and forms
- Reviewing patient-specific information in cases where the site has specifically requested the assistance in resolving any issues or coverage challenges.
- Reviewing patient insurance benefit options
- Identifying alternate funding/financial assistance programs
- Coordinating with patient support services programs representatives.
- Educating physician office staff on the use of patient assistance and call center support services, including web based provider programs
- Provide information on relevant Reimbursement topics related to the product.
- Serve as payer expert for defined geography and able to communicate changes to key stakeholders in a timely manner
Along with demonstrated initiative, resourcefulness and a results-oriented mindset, the ideal candidate has:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum three years experience in public or private third party Reimbursement arena or pharmaceutical industry in managed care, clinical support, or sales.
- Experience with specialty products acquired through Specialty Pharmacy networks
- Experience with Buy and Bill products as well as working with Medicare Part B required
- Specialty pharmacy experience required (ability to teach an office the entire process from script to fulfillment)
- Establishing relationships within a practice by working closely with them to help remove Reimbursement barriers to specialty products for their patients
- Ability to operate as a “team player” in collaborating with multiple sales representatives, sales leadership, and internal colleagues to reach common goals
- Knowledge of Centers of Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) policies and processes with expertise in Medicare Part D (Pharmacy Benefit design and coverage policy) a plus
- Knowledge of Managed Care, Government, and Federal payer sectors, as well as Integrated Delivery Network/Integrated Health Systems a plus
- Previous experience in launching new specialty pharmaceutical/biologics products or indications a plus
- Ability to travel and cover large multistate geography territories, 75% travel up front and moving to 25% travel required
Full Syneos Health Selling Solutions benefits which include:
- It is the company’s policy to provide employees with flexible paid time off (PTO) from work that can be used for vacation, sick days, floating holidays and personal time
- Domestic Partner Coverage for: medical, dental, vision, and voluntary life insurance
- Medical – Cigna; Dental – Delta Dental; Vision - EyeMed
- Company Match 401K - $0.50 per dollar up to 9% of salary
- Fleet vehicle
- Eligible to participate in Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts: Health Care and Dependent Care
- Company-paid Basic Term Life Insurance at 2x base salary
- Optional Supplemental Term Life Insurance (100% employee paid): for employee, spouse/domestic partner, and children.
- Company-paid Short and Long Term Disability
- Optional Supplemental Short and Long Term Disability (100% employee paid): employee only
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Referral bonuses
- Dedicated training and support
Make your work matter everywhere. Be a driving force in the evolution of healthcare sales.
Syneos Health companies are affirmative action/equal opportunity employers (Minorities/Females/Vets/Disabled)