You’re driven, resourceful, and above all else - remarkably smart.
You provide the vision, set the pace and inspire success.
There’s one thing you do that’s exceptional: lead. You formulate a plan and focus your team to solve the unsolvable, beat the unbeatable and come out on top. Your capacity to creatively strategize, motivate health professionals, and elicit achievement makes you the right fit for a Medical Affairs Lead role with Syneos Health.
We offer you more than just one job. The diversification and breadth of Syneos Health creates a multitude of career paths and employment opportunities. Our client roster consists of more than 550 organizations including all 50 of the largest global biopharmaceutical companies and some of the most innovative emerging biopharma organizations.
The Market Access Lead will be in charge of managing all aspects of the planning and development of resources and strategies to support and drive the client’s Pricing and Market Access business as the liaison between the Syneos Health Market Access functions (e.g., Market Access Consulting, Medical Communications and Commercial Strategy and Planning) and the client. The Market Access Lead will work across the Syneos Health organization and collaborate both internally and with the client to establish and structure integrated Market Access solutions, in tandem with other functional areas across Syneos and the client. The Market Access Lead will identify appropriate resources to ensure the most efficient and cost-effective mix of talent to drive business performance and results, ultimately optimizing client ROI.
- Be the client’s main point of contact for all issues regarding the Market Access project work including Market Access Consulting, Pricing and Market Access, and Commercial Strategy activities.
- Serve as a Market Access thought partner collaborating with senior client management and recommending strategies and tactics that are aligned with the best interest of the client
- Take internal ownership of the “project” internal P&L: Work closely with the client partner to ensure business planning timelines and due dates are synchronized with the financial business calendar and ensure all internal stakeholders are informed
- Lead on the Market Access strategy in conjunction with the broader Syneos team
- Lead on the Market Access execution and ensure deliverables, timelines and budget are completed within expectations
- Monitor and report on performance/progress across the Market Access led functional activities, as part of a Core Team that includes all functions (internal and client based) that are aligned to the brand
- Manage the cross-functional Market Access global collaboration across the internal Syneos team and the client team: Lead cross functional project teams and serve as key liaison with global leaders and the Client
- Lead the weekly Market Access sub-team meetings to discuss major milestone and deliverables to ensure that timing is well planned and met for all activities within the project
- Partner with the Commercial Lead to develop a Market Access framework that drives needed evidence generation and a patient-centric approach that supports the strategic direction and goals of a client’s brand.
- Work with the Project Management function to ensure proper reporting and tracking of all commercial activities and deliverables
- Apply own knowledge operationally as required to ensure successful delivery throughout the life cycle of the project
- Develop Senior Leadership and ad-hoc presentations as needed
Along with demonstrated initiative, uncompromised integrity and a results-oriented mindset, the ideal candidate has:
- Bachelors Degree required; Masters Degree preferred
- 10+ years of Market Access experience, preferably building and/or running a Market Access function
- Must have breadth of global Market Access Experience and successfully launched multiple commercial assets across the pharmaceutical and/or medical device sectors
- Experience interfacing with Consulting firms and Industry Leaders a plus
- Ability to understand Global market data, financial data, customer needs and assess competitive intelligence data
- Demonstrated commercial ability and business acumen, including strategic and tactical planning and implementation
- Experience building initiative business cases and managing toward consensus based on varied stakeholder priorities
- Ability to build relationships and collaborate with others to achieve mutual objectives
- Excellent Project Management skills
- Performance and Program Metrics Focus
- Ability to convert strategy to actionable tactical plans and develop high performing operational teams
- Proven track record of delivering business objectives in a matrixed environment.
- Demonstrated record of product success through proactive commercial strategy for Pricing and Market Access engagement with the market. Strong background in strategic planning and business development
- Strong self-awareness and ability to positively lead through change management.
- Strong leadership attributes to set direction, generate commitment, balance short and long term needs, constructively resolve issues
- Effective cross- functional project team leadership and influencing skills
- Effective interactions with internal & external customers and stakeholders to drive success
- Ability to travel
Why Syneos Health? Join a game-changing global company that is reinventing the way therapies are developed and commercialized. Here, you’re a part of the big picture. We work hand in hand to guide pre-market development through post-market commercial strategy. Knowledge sharing across advisory groups unlocks the innovation and unique strategies our end-to-end commercialization projects require. Our collaborative mindset means every project is a chance to solve a new challenge, learn from your teammates, become better-rounded, and evolve your career.
WORK HERE MATTERS EVERYWHERE | How will you accelerate biopharmaceutical commercialization?
Syneos Health companies are affirmative action/equal opportunity employers (Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled)