GSW New York is hiring a Copywriter
“Do you speak people?”
It’s a language many healthcare companies have forgotten - a simple clear way to communicate great ideas that break through because everyone can understand it. No Jargon. No lingo. No catch phrase of the day. We are GSW and speaking people is at the core of everything we do. We are a healthcare advertising agency that thinks just a bit differently, works just a bit closer and dives just a bit deeper. And because we talk to each other like people, instead of a corporate machine, we come up with great ideas that talk to clients and customers on the most effective level of all – the human level.
Speaking people isn’t easy. But if you can do it, we need to talk.
The Copywriter takes responsibility for (assigned) Brand concept, writing, and presentation of all projects for assigned accounts. This includes being aware of current communications technology and media channels, including digital, and having the vision to utilize them creatively for meeting brand marketing objectives.
(Duties may include, but not limited to all or some of the following)
- Brand “owner” at the Copywriting level
- Partners with art directors on brand and concept development
- Demonstrates ownership of assigned brand by continually coming up with new ideas proactively
- Collaborates with creative, account services, production, and extended team members
- Collaborates with, oversees, implements and is keeper of copy brand mandatories and consistencies in writing style
- Provides direction to external collaborators, such as broadcast producers and directors
- Owns brand copy revision
- Acts as a hands-on copywriter
- Keeps up to date with trends in branding, marketing, advertising, and related communications industries
- Keeps up to date with trends within the industries specific to assigned brands
- Is knowledgeable about products and services specific to assigned brands
- Minimum of 1-2 years as an Associate or Junior Copywriter, advertising experience mandatory
- Demonstrated accomplishments in work and talent
- Proficiency in critical software—primarily Microsoft Word
- Demonstrated ability to create advertising copy that is on strategy and effective
- Has an understanding of the different copywriting needs that are required of various media/formats
- A familiarity with User Experience (UX) design is preferred
- Ability to manage the creative process, workflow, workload, and resources among copy group
- Demonstrated success in managing a cross-functional team, a plus
- Conceptual Creativity: Ability to think in abstract terms; can make connections between unrelated notions; can formulate innovative ideas where others cannot; seen as original and value-added in brainstorming sessions; can creatively apply conceptual platforms to all off- and on-line media
- 360-Degree Channel Marketing Mind-Set: Sees the complete media picture; familiarity with leveraging and combining all media to promote a Brand.
- Understanding and Implementing Direction: Can understand creative direction based on objectives and executes creative work effectively. Communicates workload appropriately based on skill sets and talents; communicates well with others on workload issues & needs, the progress of work and results
- Industry Application: Picks up on technical things quickly; is good at learning new industry, company, product, and/or technical knowledge developments of the client's business as well as the agency business; has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment
Syneos Health companies are affirmative action/equal opportunity employers (Minorities/Females/Vets/Disabled)