You're ahead of the curve in market access trends and market dynamics.
You have what it takes: a competitive drive coupled with the exceptional ability to communicate the science behind our client’s products and build lasting business relationships. Such talent and passion make you the right fit for this unique National Director role with Syneos Health.
The National Director, Key Account Management is responsible for the leadership, direction and management of a team of 13 Key Account Managers. The position plays a key role in developing and driving execution of account and market-based strategies in partnership with Oncology Sales Leaders, Brand Teams, Market Access, Medical and HEOR leaders.
The Director is also responsible for developing and maintaining business relationships with appropriate individuals within critical accounts to meet the business needs of the customer and client. These individuals may include KOLs, Medical Directors, Quality Directors, C-Suite Executives, Director of Pharmacy or other key influencers. More specifically you will:
- Lead their team in deriving, validating, and leveraging customer and account insights on a regular basis. Work with team to develop solutions that best address those needs while facilitating involvement of the necessary business personnel inclusive of support, service, and resource management in order to meet key account performance objectives
- Responsible for gaining and applying a deep understating of relevant markets, business models, strategic priorities, future direction, financial drivers and leadership profiles of key customers within Leading Oncology centers Departments and IDNs. This includes understanding and engaging in key local and national, health care issues/strategies, customer issues/trends, pathway and quality trends and best practices to establish credibility beyond product and therapeutic areas.
- Take an active leadership role with team to ensure the development and pull through of Strategic Account plans.
- Cultivate effective relationships with Key influencers to possibly include, C-Suite and administrative roles within an account (not limited to CEO, CFO, CMO, Pharmacy Director, Medical Director, Case Management, Dir. of Quality, Industry Relations, Technology Dir, etc.).
- Recruit, develop, train, coach, assess, motivate and retain talent to achieve goals.
- Develop and present in conjunction with the team sound clinical, pharmaco-economic and business presentations to appropriate customers based on mutual needs/benefits.
- Review and analyze product performance at the regional & local level and communicate account performance broadly with key internal stakeholders.
Along with demonstrated initiative, resourcefulness and a results-oriented mindset, the ideal candidate has:
- BA/BS Degree required; MBA or advanced degree in a related field preferred
- 7-10 years of previous pharmaceutical, biotech, or medical marketing/sales and account management experience required; Experience managing major accounts and understanding influence patterns, and previous IDN/Health System selling experience in geographic area highly preferred
- A minimum of 4 - 5 years successful Oncology experience leading teams in the pharmaceutical industry (within IDN’s, & major Oncology Centers preferred).
- Understanding of integrated health system (IDNs) operations and integrated care delivery models, including economics, supporting processes and behaviors. This includes, population health management, value based care and understanding of the application of HEOR, Pathways, OCM models etc.
- Thorough clinical understanding of the oncology therapeutic area preferred, including in-patient and out-patient care management. Ability to develop and manage relationships, and tailor communications to a variety of audiences in both a B2B and clinical context, especially at executive level (e.g., executive presence)
- Understanding of the market access and reimbursement landscape, hospital buying & distribution process, hospital contracting process, processes for developing formularies, protocols, pathways and order sets, and how they are used to influence treatment decisions at the physician level
- Entrepreneurial nature and ability to think strategically and creatively to lead, influence, meet, and adapt to changing needs of both internal ICAM team and external customers
- Ability to effectively lead collaborations in a dynamic environment with a variety of stakeholders, internal and external to the organization
- Ability to meet the travel requirements of the role of up to 70%
- Strong understanding of healthcare regulatory and enforcement environments along with demonstrated integrity on the job.
At Syneos Health, we believe in providing an environment and culture in which our people can thrive, develop and advance. We reward and recognize our people by providing valuable benefits and a quality of life balance.
Why Syneos Health? Join a game-changing global company that is reinventing the way therapies are developed and commercialized. Here, you’re essential in solving and executing against today’s toughest commercialization challenges facing the world’s leading healthcare companies. From the very beginning, you’ll be supported by team members who, like you, aren’t afraid to try something new. You'll gain exposure and work in a dynamic environment to create better, smarter, faster ways to get biopharmaceutical therapies to patients.
WORK HERE MATTERS EVERWHERE | How will you accelerate bringing Market Access solutions to clients?
Syneos Health companies are affirmative action/equal opportunity employers (Minorities/Females/Vets/Disabled)