Do you have a noticeable passion for results?
You’re bold, empathetic, and very resourceful, especially when results are at stake. You have what it takes: a competitive drive coupled with the exceptional ability to communicate the science behind our client’s products and build lasting business relationships. Such talent and passion make you the right fit for this unique sales role with Syneos Health.
Why Syneos Health? Join a game-changing global company that is reinventing the way therapies are developed and commercialized. Created through the merger of two industry leading companies - INC Research and inVentiv Health - we bring together more than 23,000 clinical and commercial minds to create better, smarter, faster ways to get biopharmaceutical therapies to patients. Teaming with some of the most talented professionals in the industry, you'll gain exposure and work in a dynamic environment where you'll be supported with comprehensive resources including emerging technologies, data, science and knowledge sharing. Grow your career with a global company committed to shortening the distance from lab to life.
Syneos Health has launched more than 120 sales teams in the last 5 years across all major Therapeutic Areas – more than the top 25 pharma companies combined. We offer you more than just one job. The diversification and breadth of Syneos Health creates a multitude of career paths and employment opportunities. Our client roster consists of more than 550 organizations including all 50 of the largest global biopharmaceutical companies.
Duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Understand the strategy and key priorities of the client
- Integrate with client leadership and collaborate across multi-functional teams to ensure collaborative approach to support field sales success.
- Proactively recommend solutions to enhance the client’s performance, leveraging Selling Solutions capabilities and other services as appropriate to support client competitiveness
- Identify opportunities to complement client’s capabilities with Syneos Health capabilities to further strengthen the partnership
- Function as the primary liaison between client and internal Syneos operational elements, ensuring Syneos employees working with client understands strategy and incorporates that into their recommendations
- Facilitate a culture of accountability through ongoing cadence discussions with Syneos Field Leaders, Syneos Health internal partners (Business Analytics, HR, Commercial Capabilities, Client Services) and client stakeholders (Brand, Sales Leadership, Commercial Operations) to identify scalable business practices and to problem solve potential field barriers to effective execution.
- Responsible for overall P&L of the contract
- Ensure contracted services, information flow and all other deliverables are completed on time
- Collaborate on development of performance goals and objectives at all levels and appropriate measures to ensure achievement
- Collaborate with Analysis & Reporting to design reports and tools to monitor attainment of goals established in the client agreement
- Oversee the recruiting, interviewing, hiring, training and staffing of the management, sales and account team
- Minimize regrettable turnover through selection process and ongoing leadership actions.
- Leverage performance management tools to quickly identify performance level and direct resources to manage appropriately in a timely fashion
- Provide frequent, ongoing performance feedback to all direct reports and foster a team oriented, supportive working environment.
- Collaborate on incentive compensation plan design and oversee plan administration
- Establish performance expectations and oversee activity of direct reports within field management and Client Services structure, including adherence to policies
- Conduct regularly scheduled meetings with the client to discuss and address business issues
- Recommend positive solutions toward increasing productivity and improved operational efficiency
- Oversee performance management process for all team members and ensure fair, timely resolution of disciplinary process
- Conduct regular meetings with the account and field sales management teams as well as periodic interaction with representatives to discuss program issues, training needs and personnel development
- Assess training needs and recommend solutions, as appropriate
- Maintain or expand business opportunities within existing Client base to include additional services
- Foster an environment that rewards accomplishment and encourages the advancement and retention of productive employees
- Bachelor’s degree, MBA preferred
- 10+ years of commercial pharmaceutical experience VP / National Leadership Experience
- 2+ years of Brand and Commercial Operations experience
- Proven, successful history in leadership, management, and operational oversight
Other Critical Skills:
- Consistent track record of sales success
- Launch Experience
- Rare disease mindset (One patient at a time)
- Adept at running sales teams
- Experience in a smaller company setting (can-do approach, ability to wear many hats)
- Project Management
Full Syneos Health Selling Solutions benefits which include:
- It is the company’s policy to provide employees with flexible paid time off (PTO) from work that can be used for vacation, sick days, floating holidays and personal time
- Domestic Partner Coverage for: medical, dental, vision, and voluntary life insurance
- Medical – Cigna; Dental – Delta Dental; Vision - EyeMed
- Company Match 401K - $0.50 per dollar up to 9% of salary
- Fleet vehicle or car allowance
- Eligible to participate in Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts: Health Care and Dependent Care
- Company-paid Basic Term Life Insurance at 2x base salary
- Optional Supplemental Term Life Insurance (100% employee paid): for employee, spouse/domestic partner, and children.
- Company-paid Short and Long Term Disability
- Optional Supplemental Short and Long Term Disability (100% employee paid): employee only
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Referral bonuses
- Dedicated training and support
Make your work matter everywhere. Be a driving force in the evolution of healthcare sales.
Syneos Health companies are affirmative action/equal opportunity employers (Minorities/Females/Vets/Disabled)